No charges for Aldon Smith over bomb threat

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
4freakin9":35zw74xf said:
This type of stuff is typical of almost any young and wealthy group of people. The NFL is popular and because of that is scrutinized a great deal. Howabout young Disney stars and the precedent they set? From Miley to Shia Ladouch, they are a much higher percentage of bad role models than football players per capita. Young + Rich = bad role model in a lot of different settings. What the younger generation needs to learn is that unless you have a buttload of money, you will not be able to get away with the things people on TV get away with.

Lol... Disney is the source! Spears, Lohan, Miley, Ladouche.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":gsac9pp4 said:
4freakin9":gsac9pp4 said:
This type of stuff is typical of almost any young and wealthy group of people. The NFL is popular and because of that is scrutinized a great deal. Howabout young Disney stars and the precedent they set? From Miley to Shia Ladouch, they are a much higher percentage of bad role models than football players per capita. Young + Rich = bad role model in a lot of different settings. What the younger generation needs to learn is that unless you have a buttload of money, you will not be able to get away with the things people on TV get away with.

Lol... Disney is the source! Spears, Lohan, Miley, Ladouche.

Don't forget all the questionable cover art as well as sub context in the actual films. Disney is the devil.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":1avg32am said:
Don't forget all the questionable cover art as well as sub context in the actual films. Disney is the devil.

As an 18 year old Navy A-schooler, I dated a girl that was part of the Snow White rotation at Disneyland. I asked her to put it on for me once. Oh how I wish we had camera phones back then...

Smith is still a kid, so that means he has time to grow, unfortunately it also means he still has time to end up in the slam.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":ez6ywgal said:
Sourdough #49":ez6ywgal said:

As an 18 year old Navy A-schooler, I dated a girl that was part of the Snow White rotation at Disneyland. I asked her to put it on for me once. Oh how I wish we had camera phones back then...

Smith is still a kid, so that means he has time to grow, unfortunately it also means he still has time to end up in the slam.

Or end someone else's life.

Fanatics

Reaction score
My guess on the suspension will be 2 games or less.

The DUI's are not even considered as they were covered by the 5 week rehab stint last year, now if they would of found he was drunk at LAX that would of been a different story.

The "bomb" incident is not going to be charged.

So all we have left is the 3 felony gun charges, as someone here already mentioned these would not even be charged in most states, Aldon is just unlucky that he lives in CA. With that said, I do not see anyway that Aldon pleads no-contest to Felonies without a plea. I believe these felonies will be reduced to misdemeanors at sentencing, with no jail time, only probation like circumstances coming from it. If this is the case there is no suspension necessary as they are misdemeanors but since he has given the league a black-eye, I can see 2 games to demonstrate some sort of discipline in the league and to show Aldon that he may be above the law but the NFL has its own court.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Fanatics":3d6vprvq said:

The DUI's are not even considered as they were covered by the 5 week rehab stint last year, now if they would of found he was drunk at LAX that would of been a different story.

So all we have left is the 3 felony gun charges, as someone here already mentioned these would not even be charged in most states, Aldon is just unlucky that he lives in CA. With that said, I do not see anyway that Aldon pleads no-contest to Felonies without a plea. I believe these felonies will be reduced to misdemeanors at sentencing, with no jail time, only probation like circumstances coming from it. If this is the case there is no suspension necessary as they are misdemeanors but since he has given the league a black-eye, I can see 2 games to demonstrate some sort of discipline in the league and to show Aldon that he may be above the law but the NFL has its own court.

...ok....

....I know Loaf is going to jump on that line so let me be gentler than he will be. LOL.

1) He Plead "No Contest", so there is a Plea.

2) There is no Plea DEAL...with the DA anyway.

3) It is rumored however that Aldon spent several hours with his attorneys and the judge prior to him pleading "No Contest". Some think it's possible there is some sort of "keep your nose clean for the next thirty days and you won't get any time" deal going with the Judge, but we won't know that until the 25th. That might explain the oddly long amount of time between the Plea and the sentencing.

4) Either way, I just can't see him getting less than 4 games. I can even see him getting 8. I'd like to be wrong though.

Fanatics

Reaction score
Marvin49":hkf2op0v said:
Fanatics":hkf2op0v said:

...ok....

....I know Loaf is going to jump on that line so let me be gentler than he will be. LOL.

3) It is rumored however that Aldon spent several hours with his attorneys and the judge prior to him pleading "No Contest". Some think it's possible there is some sort of "keep your nose clean for the next thirty days and you won't get any time" deal going with the Judge, but we won't know that until the 25th. That might explain the oddly long amount of time between the Plea and the sentencing.

4) Either way, I just can't see him getting less than 4 games. I can even see him getting 8. I'd like to be wrong though.
So basically you said I was wrong and then said I was right. Whether it is a deal in writing or within the Judges chambers it technically is a plea bargain, so either you think an athlete, who let's be honest most of these guys get away with murder, plead no contest and will accept the consequences or there is some type of deal (plea) on the table. I personally cannot see an athlete these days just accepting the consequences...just makes no sense.

Also we have seen before "No contest" plea for a reduced infraction/sentence...But whatever makes you happy inside.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":1dnj9axf said:
...ok....

There is ALWAYS a "plea" Marvin, Aldork changed his from Not Guilty after his attorneys couldn't muster anything. After all, Smith had nothing to offer except stupidity.

As far as it being "rumored" that they all met before? If that is true it would be very, very unique with the result being a no contest plea in which the judge straight out found Smith guilty for. Look around but I don't recall anyone ever meeting to work out a deal that included "no contest". Deals and agreements are made for "Guilty".

If that was the case, why even bother with finding him guilty on all charges? I mean they are wobblers, if the judge was going to change anything it would have been easier to do it right there, claim there was a deal instead of the side show of actually finding him guilty THEN changing it at sentencing. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to bother if the judge was going to change it later.

Seems to me that if there really was a meeting they wouldn't waste the time. The judge has absolutely no reason to change the wobbler now when they already met if that is the case.

Of course we are talking about Niner-Level dirtiness here. Maybe the judge was just waiting to see if he was going to get the entire luxury suite or just part of it.

I just can't see any felony convictions resulting in nothing but probation and if they did meet? Why bother with the rest? Something very weird if there was ANY meeting.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1g1ys5in said:
July 25 is doomsday for Aldon.

F7cb741def2c550e274291ccd51abbf8
I would be very surprised if anything significant came of it. I still don't like the gun laws, but if there is ANYTHING there isn't a chance that Smith misses games from a jail standpoint. Probably not camp either. I am on the record as saying that Smith does get something but he won't see 30 days in jail. Lol...3 felony convictions and Smith will get a hand slap. Goodell? 4 games is my guess.

I'm sure he is really deterred from hosing it up again. This dude is going to be back in the courts again, he is too stupid not to be. If he can't handle a hard count when he knows it is coming 2 times in the same game he can't handle freedom either.

Lol.. if Smith gets hosed again Harbafreak is going to flipping lose it. I mean he might be in jail himself for murdering his sack machine.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2swth5pq said:
Marvin49":2swth5pq said:
...ok....

There is ALWAYS a "plea" Marvin, Aldork changed his from Not Guilty after his attorneys couldn't muster anything. After all, Smith had nothing to offer except stupidity.

As far as it being "rumored" that they all met before? If that is true it would be very, very unique with the result being a no contest plea in which the judge straight out found Smith guilty for. Look around but I don't recall anyone ever meeting to work out a deal that included "no contest". Deals and agreements are made for "Guilty".

If that was the case, why even bother with finding him guilty on all charges? I mean they are wobblers, if the judge was going to change anything it would have been easier to do it right there, claim there was a deal instead of the side show of actually finding him guilty THEN changing it at sentencing. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to bother if the judge was going to change it later.

Seems to me that if there really was a meeting they wouldn't waste the time. The judge has absolutely no reason to change the wobbler now when they already met if that is the case.

Of course we are talking about Niner-Level dirtiness here. Maybe the judge was just waiting to see if he was going to get the entire luxury suite or just part of it.

I just can't see any felony convictions resulting in nothing but probation and if they did meet? Why bother with the rest? Something very weird if there was ANY meeting.

That was my point.

As for reducing the wobblers...if the rumor is true, only reason he might not do it right away is to make sure Aldon keeps his nose clean for a bit. I have no idea if it's true, but that's the rumor.

Dude....lol. Niner dirtiness....do me a favor. Don't ever change. :D

Marvin49

Reaction score
Fanatics":1wl45gza said:
Marvin49":1wl45gza said:
Fanatics":1wl45gza said:

...ok....

So basically you said I was wrong and then said I was right. Whether it is a deal in writing or within the Judges chambers it technically is a plea bargain, so either you think an athlete, who let's be honest most of these guys get away with murder, plead no contest and will accept the consequences or there is some type of deal (plea) on the table. I personally cannot see an athlete these days just accepting the consequences...just makes no sense.

Also we have seen before "No contest" plea for a reduced infraction/sentence...But whatever makes you happy inside.

LOL....dude, no worries.

Nah, I was just clarifying. Loaf and I have had this conversation before and I was just mentioning it before he jumped on the plea/plea deal thing.

I hear you one the "it doesn't make sense to just blindly plead no contest" and I've argued the exact same point....but just watch what happens here when you do.

LOL.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":3noutpqw said:
I hear you one the "it doesn't make sense to just blindly plead no contest" and I've argued the exact same point....but just watch what happens here when you do.

LOL.

It makes all the sense in the world if you know you are going to lose a case and no deal was made. Smith had nothing to negotiate or to challenge. The easiest way to get a reduced sentence in that case is to do exactly what his lawyers told him.

Now... as far as what happens to Smith for the no contest plea in comparison to a regular guy (mind you, the attorneys have done nothing to earn their money here) It won't compare. If I pled no contest for 3 felonies, I would go to pound me in the ass prison. Aldon? Like I said, at most he gets 30 days in regular jail and maybe ZERO.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":25adjk0m said:
Marvin49":25adjk0m said:

LOL.

It makes all the sense in the world if you know you are going to lose a case and no deal was made. Smith had nothing to negotiate or to challenge. The easiest way to get a reduced sentence in that case is to do exactly what his lawyers told him.

Now... as far as what happens to Smith for the no contest plea in comparison to a regular guy (mind you, the attorneys have done nothing to earn their money here) It won't compare. If I pled no contest for 3 felonies, I would go to pound me in the ass prison. Aldon? Like I said, at most he gets 30 days in regular jail and maybe ZERO.

I see your logic as I always have...I just still think they know something.

My guess is charges knocked down from felonies and no time. Not arguing right or wrong...just sayin' I think that's what's gonna happen.

I also don't think this has anything to do with special treatment because he's an athlete. I think it has to do with having an expensive lawyer. More money=better representation. Sucks but its life. If I were rich and broke the law I'd want one too.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":39m8y5oi said:

My guess is charges knocked down from felonies and no time. Not arguing right or wrong...just sayin' I think that's what's gonna happen.

I also don't think this has anything to do with special treatment because he's an athlete. I think it has to do with having an expensive lawyer. More money=better representation. Sucks but its life. If I were rich and broke the law I'd want one too.

I get it Marvin, I would normally agree on the expensive attorney thing, but there was no deal to be made. No illegal search, no circumstances to justify the actions, nothing for the attorney to argue.

They ALL know each other well, all judges are just attorneys and they know each other outside the courts. Because one happens to charge more than the other doesn't mean that their relationship with the judge is any better. Think the judge isn't great pals with the DA?

This is 100 percent about stardom and tax revenue from that star. I tell you what, if Aldon Smith gets nothing but probation in this deal it is going to be addressed in the Gun advocate community. Just wait...

Right now, it all makes sense to me. The process and path. If this rumored meeting really tool place? Now that wouldn't. Especially with a no contest plea. We'll see in a couple weeks, then we will see what Roger has to say about it as he is clearly waiting for sentencing to take place.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3eecg7ck said:
Marvin49":3eecg7ck said:

I get it Marvin, I would normally agree on the expensive attorney thing, but there was no deal to be made. No illegal search, no circumstances to justify the actions, nothing for the attorney to argue.

They ALL know each other well, all judges are just attorneys and they know each other outside the courts. Because one happens to charge more than the other doesn't mean that their relationship with the judge is any better. Think the judge isn't great pals with the DA?

This is 100 percent about stardom and tax revenue from that star. I tell you what, if Aldon Smith gets nothing but probation in this deal it is going to be addressed in the Gun advocate community. Just wait...

Right now, it all makes sense to me. The process and path. If this rumored meeting really tool place? Now that wouldn't. Especially with a no contest plea. We'll see in a couple weeks, then we will see what Roger has to say about it as he is clearly waiting for sentencing to take place.

Like I said, I can see how you get there.

Something else stinks to me though. Many "experts" were surprised when he was charged at all because (and this is just what I heard) its very common for people not to be charged AT ALL in a case like this because they were seized when he was the victim of a crime (stabbing). That's not to say it isn't illegal...just that the weapons are seized but they aren't charged.

It also took a solid year for him to be charged when they had all the evidence they needed on the day the weapons were seized.

In addition to that, the Sherriff's dept invited Aldon and other 49ers to a gun range for a fund raiser. They had serious egg on their face when questioned about it and very soon after he was charged.

I can't fault your logic or how you have come to your conclusion...it just seems to me that its very possible the DA charged him to begin with AND refused to give him a decent plea because he was under pressure not to appear to be showing preferential treatment. If Aldon and his attourney make a deal with the judge, the DA is effectively off the hook. He was very adamant too that he made no deal with Aldon. Looked a bit like grandstanding.

We'll know in just a few weeks how this plays out.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It shouldn't be a law to begin with. Same thing with the high capacity mags after whatever date or anything like that.
Off topic, this is a perfect example of gun control laws not working. There is a lot of push for more, but the system is flaky about the ones they already have. Some politicians claim they need more but don't utilize the ones that are in play.
Smith doesn't deserve to be punished for having guns, but he does deserve the same treatment as everyone else. Whatever the system is cooking up, we can all be sure that it is rotten one way or another. He either gets racked for something that shouldn't be illegal in the first place or he doesn't get punished with the same consistency as regular folk.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
And frankly, I think the whole assault rifle thing has more to do with SoCal than North. So much for that deterrent with the kids.

It is a law, with that search the popo has the poop to work what they found while doing it. There was definitely an issue that had to be looked over there and they didn't bother with charges until the ass wipes were certain that the search was legit.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Aldon was the victim of a stabbing at his house party where two people were shot because of his actions. I doubt he is seen as a victim in this case by anyone other than Niners fans.

I also believe the lawsuits that came out a year later made the case more public and put pressure on the DA to perform.

How it all play's out is anyone's guess but I still get a laugh out of his stupidity and I'm very confident this won't be his last idiotic event. The only real question is will he learn before someone is dead or not. Hopefully before.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":23mmflqs said:
Aldon was the victim of a stabbing at his house party where two people were shot because of his actions. I doubt he is seen as a victim in this case by anyone other than Niners fans.

I also believe the lawsuits that came out a year later made the case more public and put pressure on the DA to perform.

How it all play's out is anyone's guess but I still get a laugh out of his stupidity and I'm very confident this won't be his last idiotic event. The only real question is will he learn before someone is dead or not. Hopefully before.

Actually, when the Sheriffs dept thing became public, their public explanation said that he was the victim that night. As for his actions that night, he can be blamed for having the party to begin with and for not calling the police. He fired his gun tho (as did Delanie Walker) when some people in the crowd threatened a bartender and the peeps refused to leave. He was stabbed in his driveway while unarmed and attempting to get them to leave.

The people who were hit were a part of that crowd and were armed at the party themselves.

He did plenty if stupid things that night (not monitoring who attended, getting his gun, firing into the air, not immediately calling the police, etc), but he was in fact the victim of a crime that night. In fact, the only charges from that night faced by Aldon were the weapon possession charges and the guy who stabbed him was found guilty and sentenced.

Latest posts