Not Overreacting

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
chris98251":210v37tl said:
If you plan on being an offensive team you need to use the whole field, and go for broke every series like it's the last possession.

It doesn't win Championships but is entertaining football, Denver, San Diego, Buffalo Bills under Levy all had great offenses, throw in the Oilers with moon also. You need a good offense and a defense that can stop a offense more then 50 percent of the time to have a chance, Throw in the Dolphins as well with Marino, always great stats in the passing game but again not a great defense and running game suspect most the time.
I think most people would prefer all offense even the team had no chance at winning it all. Offensive stats dominate just about any and all football talk on the interwebs/social media. People actually think a players fantasy football production is equal to a players actual performance when evaluated against helping the team win game or games. Great offense gives fans a false sense of hope. Plus fantasy football. I've never understood why fans get so much pleasure out of stats that players on their favorite team put up compared to others? That trumps winning. If you can put together a team that racks up offensive stats and finishes around .500, fans won't even notice as long as the stats keep piling up.

chris98251

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":1mdh1a8s said:
chris98251":1mdh1a8s said:
If you plan on being an offensive team you need to use the whole field, and go for broke every series like it's the last possession.

It doesn't win Championships but is entertaining football, Denver, San Diego, Buffalo Bills under Levy all had great offenses, throw in the Oilers with moon also. You need a good offense and a defense that can stop a offense more then 50 percent of the time to have a chance, Throw in the Dolphins as well with Marino, always great stats in the passing game but again not a great defense and running game suspect most the time.
I think most people would prefer all offense even the team had no chance at winning it all. Offensive stats dominate just about any and all football talk on the interwebs/social media. People actually think a players fantasy football production is equal to a players actual performance when evaluated against helping the team win game or games. Great offense gives fans a false sense of hope. Plus fantasy football. I've never understood why fans get so much pleasure out of stats that players on their favorite team put up compared to others? That trumps winning. If you can put together a team that racks up offensive stats and finishes around .500, fans won't even notice as long as the stats keep piling up.

Why I think football IQ has plummeted, the Fantasy and now Gambling aspect has and will ruin Football as many of us used to know it. I have just about stopped replying to a lot of posts that envelope this mentality as part of real football.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Why drag me in to this crap? I didn't vote for the Players. While they need to play better and more disciplined, this is ABSOLUTELY on scheme and coaching. Period.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
1-4 coming our way. Wonder if they will change anything after that start. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Fade":50hvep37 said:
AubHawk71":50hvep37 said:
Fade":50hvep37 said:
@ Aros you were correct about them being a supremely talented offense. They are #1 in Offensive DVOA.

It's just that defense has gotten so bad, that isn't enough anymore.

Teams that have averaged 7.0 yards a play and no turnovers are 12-2 in the last 2 seasons. The two losses are the Seahawks last 2 games. The defense has gotten so bad it is dragging the franchise down into the abyss.

The the defense is so bad that every single offensive drive is (unfairly) put under the microscope.

It feels like every game is last year's Bills game. The defense ranks 32nd in yards (can't get off the field) and has 0 interceptions. Hell, they only have 5 passes defensed the whole season and some of those are from DL.

And who is in charge of the defense? You can fire KNJ all you want, but he's just put out the schemes that Pete allows. The buck stops with the person in charge. Pete. He is past prime. I don't even care about his embarrassing oversized Mickey Mouse ortho shoes or whatever.

You can try to point out specific players or positions, or lower coaches, but there's still a lack of cohesiveness and consistency, which ultimately lands on Coach's shoulders. The range of talent in NFL players is mostly moot, with the exception of elite position players. It's a matter of coaching.

You clearly don't read my other posts. I am firmly in the "this is on Pete'" camp.

Norton is a puppet.

Yeah, I added another post after saying I wasn't talking to you but rather the You of other posters. I completely agree with you on this issue.