• Yes

Votes: 77 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 100 56.5%

• Total voters

Zorn76

Reaction score
Big smiles...

3 teams in '12, two in '13, two more in '14...and none this year, despite 7 openings.
The trend isn't upwards, is it.

And there have been cases where teams will wait patiently...if they feel the the guy is worth it.

McGruff

Reaction score
Zorn76":3ds9jwql said:
Big smiles...

3 teams in '12, two in '13, two more in '14...and none this year, despite 7 openings.

And there have been cases where teams will wait patiently...if they feel the the guy is worth it.

And cases where teams hire a lesser candidate because they are impatient. That is far more common. In fact it is so common that Atlanta's patience in waiting for Quinn was the remarkable story last year.

And I guarantee you that if we had a bye week this postseason like we did in 2013 and 2014, Darrell would have had interviews.

Zorn76

Reaction score
McGruff":1fs4po7a said:
Zorn76":1fs4po7a said:
Big smiles...

And cases where teams hire a lesser candidate because they are impatient. That is far more common. In fact it is so common that Atlanta's patience in waiting for Quinn was the remarkable story last year.

And I guarantee you that if we had a bye week this postseason like we did in 2013 and 2014, Darrell would have had interviews.

Here's hoping for a bye that brings us HFA as well.
I guess Atlanta felt Quinn was worth the wait.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Zorn76":1tjmliyj said:
And why hasn't Bevell been offered so much as an interview for a head coaching position in the NFL?

Love to hear anybody's theory here on that, lol.

His statistical prowse should lend itself to it, yes?

Or maybe there's something Beyond stats that others around the league don't like about him.

Either way, he is routinely passed over, and that's a fact as well.
DB is Petes replacement when he retires?I think so..

Zorn76

Reaction score
IndyHawk":23o68ltm said:
Zorn76":23o68ltm said:
And why hasn't Bevell been offered so much as an interview for a head coaching position in the NFL?

Or maybe there's something Beyond stats that others around the league don't like about him.

That'd be fun.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think Cable or Bevell take over for Pete when he's done.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3fdkjrr4 said:
Zorn76":3fdkjrr4 said:

Seems like the same thing is happening in New England.

I think Belichick retires when Brady does and McDaniels takes over after that.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Laloosh":34gypnsy said:
McGruff":34gypnsy said:
Laloosh":34gypnsy said:
DavidSeven":34gypnsy said:
#4 Offense.
#2 DVOA Offense.
#2 DVOA Pass Offense.
#1 Weighted DVOA Offense.

OL Ranking: 30th Overall (PFF); 30th Pass Protection (Football Outsiders).

No commentary. The numbers speak for themselves.

From a game to game basis, do you think that the game plans were good?

Sometimes, no, often yes, and often the gameplans were abandoned or altered because of poor execution early.

Its almost impossible for fans to discern when a game plan is good or not. there are too many other variables. Execution and game flow being the biggest.

Fair. Mind providing a couple of examples of good/bad? It's purely curiosity on my part. I watch all of the games more than once but it's like a toddler watching chess.

..watching chess. I think there are a lot of times that a low percentage play is called to set. The defense up later with a higher percentage play. Slow starts sometimes seem to be attributed to this. Early on when the score is low, it's ok to call a play that may only succeed 20% of the time. Just an example of the ones I hate are a fade for a 2 point conversion when it's obvious we need 2 points or they wouldn't go for 2. Why not choose a higher percentage play?