O-line improvement

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":3jo3ir33 said:
Siouxhawk":3jo3ir33 said:
pittpnthrs":3jo3ir33 said:
Siouxhawk":3jo3ir33 said:
My question earlier about timetable for growth is one I'll ask again. Pete just said the breakdown was due primarily to communication issues. So, is that something that can be resolved sooner than later? I'll give the benefit of the doubt because it was Game 1 with the real bullets flying and most are in new positions.

Well according to the Minnesota Vikings, it takes about a month to have a serviceable Oline.
What are the Vikings basing that on, this year's version of their line? I'm not sure that they are the proper authorities to be doling out that kind of wisdom.

Compared to us they are an authority.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/12/vikings-offensive-line-answers-plenty-of-questions-in-opener/
But they did play the Saints. Let's see how they fare against Pittsburgh on Sunday.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":m8vr2ks7 said:
pittpnthrs":m8vr2ks7 said:
Siouxhawk":m8vr2ks7 said:
My question earlier about timetable for growth is one I'll ask again. Pete just said the breakdown was due primarily to communication issues. So, is that something that can be resolved sooner than later? I'll give the benefit of the doubt because it was Game 1 with the real bullets flying and most are in new positions.

Well according to the Minnesota Vikings, it takes about a month to have a serviceable Oline.
What are the Vikings basing that on, this year's version of their line? I'm not sure that they are the proper authorities to be doling out that kind of wisdom.

They were much better than us. Why is that? Is it a talent issue or coaching issue or both?

Interesting
"The Vikings revamped the line after it was ineffective last season and devastated by injuries. Three of the starters are new to the team in Reiff and Remmers, signed as free agents, and Elflein, taken in the third round of the draft. While Easton is starting at a different position, Berger mostly is after having 11 starts last season at center, two at right guard and one at left guard."

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2yjappbc said:
Seymour":2yjappbc said:
Siouxhawk":2yjappbc said:
pittpnthrs":2yjappbc said:

http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/12/vikings-offensive-line-answers-plenty-of-questions-in-opener/
But they did play the Saints. Let's see how they fare against Pittsburgh on Sunday.

That same Saints defense that smacked us around last year?

Seymour

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1eytyh96 said:
Siouxhawk":1eytyh96 said:
Seymour":1eytyh96 said:
Siouxhawk":1eytyh96 said:

That same Saints defense that smacked us around last year?

Exactly... someone gets it.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
We'll see, but I'm not sold on the Vikes' OLine and I really don't see Bradford making it through the year uninjured.

idle Eric

Reaction score
HOW BAD DOSE IT HAVE TO GET FOR GODS SAKE !!!!!

And how many years of this OL mess Before the "Believers" wake up and see - This isn't working !
It's only getting worse. Something needs to change.

Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

This will happen during or straight after THIS season. This inept pair of Offensive coaches will be Fired, Things will get that bad due directly to this Line THIS SEASON. Hands will be forced. Loyalty etc etc will go. Shame one more year in the window will also have gone.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Or we'll be poised to make another deep run through the playoffs by season's end. There's nothing to suggest my scenario isn't the most realistic.

cymatica

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":14fkil90 said:
Or we'll be poised to make another deep run through the playoffs by season's end. There's nothing to suggest my scenario isn't the most realistic.

If by deep run you mean get shut down completely in the 2nd round then you are correct.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":38z940y0 said:

Sure there is, the O line rankings going back to Petes first season as Coach.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Defenders of Cable and Bevell reminds me of the few fans that remained thinking Willingham and Wulff just need more time to turn it around.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":kuu8sq83 said:
Siouxhawk":kuu8sq83 said:

If by deep run you mean get shut down completely in the 2nd round then you are correct.
We'll see come January. I'm thinking you'll eating a good helping of crow. Good God, it's like I'm waging war against 49er fans.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Foghawk":ryorj03b said:
I'm guessing we will see improvement starting this Sunday through week four. I have a feeling though, that I can't shake, that they will stumble noticeably again in week 5. Just a hunch.

Yup. Historically we improve a good bit around week 6. I see that same thing, because week 5 will be bad.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Seemed like the line made some improvement of sorts in week two. Will be interested in the next two games (one road, one home). The DL quality drops a bit. So would expect to see some improvement.

hawk45

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":19imdz2a said:
Seemed like the line made some improvement of sorts in week two. Will be interested in the next two games (one road, one home). The DL quality drops a bit. So would expect to see some improvement.

They improved statistically relative to the prior week but I had a tough time evaluating where there was actual absolute improvement because they played at home against a worse defense (and based on last night's game not a very good one at all).

I do agree that if the opposing DLs continue to trend downward we should continue to see "apparent" improvement. The Titans are getting pressure on nobody this year, so if they come busting through the line at 1-Mississippi I'm going to burst a blood vessel.

LolaRox

Reaction score
If they are going to improve they have to do something immediately about your boy Glow, he is a complete mess.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/guga31bb/status/910659500557955073[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/guga31bb/status/910659895313227777[/tweet]

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Q: What's the difference between our OL and a room full of toddlers?

A: Toddlers will occasionally pick up their blocks

chet380

Reaction score
Still p*ssed off that the Hawks didn't chance a 7th RD pick on La'el Collins or draft Duvernay-Tardif ( A KC OL stalwart from Day One) in the 7th RD -- he had the highest OL Sparq of his year.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
chet380":26k4hdip said:
Still p*ssed off that the Hawks didn't chance a 7th RD pick on La'el Collins or draft Duvernay-Tardif ( A KC OL stalwart from Day One) in the 7th RD -- he had the highest OL Sparq of his year.

Here's why the Seahawks and other teams avoided Collins in the draft -
"According to Klemko, Collins' agents told teams that if he was drafted after the third round, he would not sign with the team and would instead sit out a year and enter next year's draft. It was a gamble with multiple risks, and teams could have simply ignored the threat."

Link to the full article here - http://www.businessinsider.com/lael-collins-agent-nfl-draft-dallas-cowboys-2015-5

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I think you gonna see the same stuff we’ve seen the last 2 Plus years .I can’t see why I would miraculously all of a sudden change