Odell Beckham...best catch ever?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Frankly, calling this a candidate for greatest catch ever is an insult to what defensive backs regularly do to receivers, in my opinion.

Whatever, I'm out. Haven't been posting much lately anyways.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2vmfmjjs said:
...See what I replied with just before your reply, dontbelikethat.

The foul happened way early and when the ball came in, he might as well have not had anybody within 50 yards of him in terms of defenders adding difficulty to the catch as it was happening.

Lot of people seem to be having trouble grasping this...

Posted right after yours, but was just referencing that there was contact in there according to Collinsworth. Also said I didn't see the full play develop, so not 100% sure on anything.

pehawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3pzalt8s said:
Whatever, I'm out. Haven't been posting much lately anyways.

Oh, pehawk is ruining everything!

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
best ever? its certainly close.. ive seen alot of great catches!

this guy is an AMAZING talent. if victor cruz can regain his old form, these guys as a tandem will scare the hell out of any defense.

first time watching him was last week, the guy is unreal.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Gotta say you're pretty far off course with this one, Roland. That catch was unbelievable, easily the best I have ever seen. The guy caught it as he was off balance (from being interfered with), falling to the turf, completely outstretched, one-handed, with just his thumb and forefinger. There have been many amazing catches in the history of the NFL. I defy you to show us ONE that's better.

pehawk

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":34xr2g1p said:
best ever? its certainly close.. ive seen alot of great catches!

this guy is an AMAZING talent. if victor cruz can regain his old form, these guys as a tandem will scare the hell out of any defense.

first time watching him was last week, the guy is unreal.

I was sitting close enough to see Sherman's face on Beckham's first reception. It was a play Sherm gave up about a beat before the ball arrived, because he assumed Beckham couldn't catch it. Beckham did. Sherm and him hand fought a bit, before Sherm finally got him out of bounds. Sherman's face was a VERY appreciative and respectful "you mofo...". After that him and Sherman went at it...it was a thing of beauty.

Sherm eventually got him. Sherm swatted an intended pass in the corner of the endzone into another Seahawks defenders arms. It seemed like a familiar type of INT, but I couldn't recall the exact game where I had seen it before.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3v24wvti said:
Vs the Giants, 2013? Amirite, Pe?

No, but I think we're getting closer. I saw Sherman tip a pass to another defender before, in the endzone, and now that you mention it, it did seem late in the "2013" season.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":1plaoe3i said:
Scottemojo":1plaoe3i said:
Vs the Giants, 2013? Amirite, Pe?

No, but I think we're getting closer. I saw Sherman tip a pass to another defender before, and now that you mention it, it did seem late in the "2013" season.
I am flummoxed, sir. there was a deja vu feeling, but I can't place it...

QuahHawk

Reaction score
One of the best I've seen. He was getting pulled down by the jersey and somehow made that catch. Amazing. Would have traded Richardson, Norwood, and our 1st next year for Beckham.

I am starting to wish we had just traded up for Kelvin Benjamin. Our redone worries would be all but gone and Russ would actually be able to see one of his WR's.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Amazing catch.

Sherman was impressed too. So even the best CB in the NFL thinks it was a great catch.

byau

Reaction score
[youtube]Qw9B_JMkLZ8[/youtube]

Warmups from today's game. No defenders draped on him sure but dang that seems pretty impressive.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":mo258l1e said:
Like Tony Dungy said during halftime, it's not even the best catch in Giants history.

ball sticking to the helmet was a great catch,

Still, that was a fantastic catch, as good as you will ever see.

Try snaring the ball behind you at a full stretch falling backwards with 3 fingers.

Doesn't matter if anyone's on you or not, it's a difficulty rating of a 10

Brithawk

Reaction score
Is Tyree all that great a catch? Best bit is Eli escaping pressure somehow. Tyree has a standard jump ball he catches against his helmet, admittedly with someone all over him.

The OBJ catch is beautiful, his hands are insane