jamescasey1124

Reaction score
I think this o line would be best.
Lt-Brown, Jones
Lg-Haynes, Simmons
C-Lewis, Finney, Hunt
Rg-Jones, Simmons
Rt-Lewis, Shell

I think Lewis could play outside. My hope is they sign Britt back, release Hunt and kick Lewis to rt.
They did it to Ifedi. I think Lewis is a bit better than Ifedi. Right now...I'm not sure they have the O Line leader.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":14m8dp05 said:
Lt-Brown, Jones
Lg-Haynes, Simmons
C-Lewis, Finney, Hunt
Rg-Jones, Simmons
Rt-Lewis, Shell

I think Lewis could play outside. My hope is they sign Britt back, release Hunt and kick Lewis to rt.
They did it to Ifedi. I think Lewis is a bit better than Ifedi. Right now...I'm not sure they have the O Line leader.
Did you mean Pocic or Britt at C, you listed Lewis twice in the starting 5?

Of all the possible position shuffling that may go on within the O-line group, Lewis to tackle seems the least likely. Lewis appears to be well suited to play RG in a Solari o-line. Lewis' main weaknesses are a lack of lateral agility and quickness. He doesn't have the length to make up for the lack of quickness on the outside. Jones is also a little slow footed, but he has exceptional length to make up for it, which is why some are projecting him at tackle. It also seems unlikely that this coaching staff will be experimenting with a day two rookie's position fit given a shortened and uncertain off-season schedule. I think the best thing the coaches can do for Lewis is keep him where he's most comfortable.

xray

Reaction score
No predictions ; because the obvious has to happen -get better- Wilson ain't gittin any younger .

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Sun Tzu":ks71mvh8 said:
jamescasey1124":ks71mvh8 said:
Lt-Brown, Jones
Lg-Haynes, Simmons
C-Lewis, Finney, Hunt
Rg-Jones, Simmons
Rt-Lewis, Shell

Of all the possible position shuffling that may go on within the O-line group, Lewis to tackle seems the least likely. Lewis appears to be well suited to play RG in a Solari o-line. Lewis' main weaknesses are a lack of lateral agility and quickness. He doesn't have the length to make up for the lack of quickness on the outside. Jones is also a little slow footed, but he has exceptional length to make up for it, which is why some are projecting him at tackle. It also seems unlikely that this coaching staff will be experimenting with a day two rookie's position fit given a shortened and uncertain off-season schedule. I think the best thing the coaches can do for Lewis is keep him where he's most comfortable.

Lewis has really good movement with his feet. I remember that from the combine. That's why I feel like he can move outside. Plus, I feel like our guards are already good to go. If they sign britt back I would like to see Lewis move outside, otherwise he can be our new center. Jones and Haynes are solid guards. Jones a little slow outside and length doesn't matter to me. Haynes looked good in short work at LG and Simmons and Jones looked good at RG.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":25zb27qo said:
Sun Tzu":25zb27qo said:
jamescasey1124":25zb27qo said:
Lt-Brown, Jones
Lg-Haynes, Simmons
C-Lewis, Finney, Hunt
Rg-Jones, Simmons
Rt-Lewis, Shell

Lewis has really good movement with his feet. I remember that from the combine. That's why I feel like he can move outside. Plus, I feel like our guards are already good to go. If they sign britt back I would like to see Lewis move outside, otherwise he can be our new center. Jones and Haynes are solid guards. Jones a little slow outside and length doesn't matter to me. Haynes looked good in short work at LG and Simmons and Jones looked good at RG.

Has Lewis played center? From everything I read, he's strictly played guard. Why would you want to put him at center when there are better options (vets) who have experience with the position in Finney, Hunt, and Pocic.

nrayorr

Reaction score
I'm not one to predict who will start or be a back up. I just want a friggin' decent line. Imagine if RW has time in the pocket and what he could do. He's a master on throwing on the run because he's gotten a lot of practice since he's been in the league, but when I have seen him have time in the pocket, OMG... he's good there too!

John63

Reaction score
Run Wilson Run is all I see so far.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Brown -Iupati- Finney -Lewis -Warmack

I couldnt guess how things wind up at the end og season.

But i could obviously guess the start of the season?

morgulon1

Reaction score
hawkfan68":n40aq2md said:
jamescasey1124":n40aq2md said:
Sun Tzu":n40aq2md said:
jamescasey1124":n40aq2md said:
Lt-Brown, Jones
Lg-Haynes, Simmons
C-Lewis, Finney, Hunt
Rg-Jones, Simmons
Rt-Lewis, Shell

Has Lewis played center? From everything I read, he's strictly played guard. Why would you want to put him at center when there are better options (vets) who have experience with the position in Finney, Hunt, and Pocic.

Lewis stated he played some center and LG