OL personnel going into next year not that bad?

chris98251

Reaction score
In defense of Britt, he is lined up next to the guards, if the guards stink he is also going to look like crap, he can't compensate for missed calls and missed assignments on both sides of him.

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
chris98251":1bmj2gey said:
In defense of Britt, he is lined up next to the guards, if the guards stink he is also going to look like crap, he can't compensate for missed calls and missed assignments on both sides of him.

That's a good point but I'm astonished how out guards could be worse than Ifedi and Glow were last year. Spend 8M and draft a second rounder and get worse. Only in Seattle.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Alex Gibbs was very particular on the size of guys he wanted at each line position, and Cable doesn't subscribe to the same formula. We need more girth inside at Guard. We also need to teach guys how to anchor, rather than to retreat backwards.

Frozenropers

Reaction score
I don't think we can expect to replace all spot. Talk about feeding the problem with lack of continuity.

I'm comfortable with Brown at LT and Britt at Center. We are at minimum, average at those two spots. Then we could draft someone like Wynn from Georgia (their LT who's projected to move to Guard in the pros) and bring him in to play LG. Then let the rest fight it out for the RG and RT positions.

LT - Brown
LG - Wynn (Rookie)
C - Britt
RG - Pocic/Roos/Glowinski
RT - Ifedi/Fant

They could target a LG in Free Agency and then draft an early running back, as well.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
scutterhawk":25olnw28 said:
Lots of "Know-It-Alls" in here have already shut the book on KNOWLEDGE.
I don't pretend to have all the answers, but there are a bunch in here like to PRETEND they do.
We were ONE SHITTY KICKER away from the playoffs.
ZERO Continuity.....Brown wasn't going to INSTANTLY fix the O-Line woes, and battle hardened Pro-Bowl Defenders weren't going to let them have the time to figure it out either....These aren't excuses, these are the FACTS.

So are these

Seahawk team rushing 2017

#23, 1629yrd, 4 TDs

Try not to sound so arrogantly condescending. Unless we sign a decent left guard the talent of the OL doesn't change much and has gotten progressively worse even with more talent infused. Not to mention without RW's 586 yds rushing and 4 TDs the team rushing is easily dead LAST. We are also 10th is sacks allowed another thing we would be higher in if it wasn't for Wilson. Don't expect sandlot football to continually working,,, not matter how good our kicker is.

gmor

Reaction score
I would put Odiambo in the LG spot, move Ifedi to RG. Let Pocic and Fant battle for RT.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":11sqtswu said:
.net: "Cable is a moron!"

Also .net: "Fant will save us!"

Hey... Maybe we can start Fant and Walsh on the line.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I hate watching these guys pass block

But the bigger problem is the run throughs and missed assignments on running plays

They seem to make the same mistakes over and over again

I think some of these guys just aren't smart/savvy enough for this system

If you run the football well it makes the pass blocking so much easier in this system

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hoping we dump Ifedi...someone might give us a 7th for him. With Cable still here we could have the line from 2005 and it would still suck.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Aros":3ml3jeiz said:
sutz":3ml3jeiz said:
I know that replacing 3-4 guys every year on the O-line hasn't been working very well.

Agreed. At some point we have to stop the musical chairs and start fostering continuity for continuity's sake.
If replacing the players isn't working maybe it's time to try replacing the coaches.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Real question as its deja vu all over again.

Why so much hate for ifedi? As a guard he was average statistically and that was as a rookie. As a first time tackle? He gave up way less sacks and had more flags. Well flags cost you like sacks. Well mix them together and he was a normal first year player at tackle in the NFL.

You guys would of cut many pro bowl lineman after one year. I just don't understand. You guys also said our past lines wouldn't be in NFL after Seattle let them go. False.

Its Tom Cable. Facts. However on Ifedi and Ethan, its way too soon to cut them or rid them. Most pro bowl lineman were solid at year 3 or 4 at same position. This is all factual for 75% of these current or former pro bowlers.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1dkrqs39 said:
Why so much hate for ifedi?

If you have to ask, I dont know what to tell you. He stunk at guard and he stinks at tackle. He's a bust and needs to go away.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2qz0hx8c said:
Shanegotyou11":2qz0hx8c said:

If you have to ask, I dont know what to tell you. He stunk at guard and he stinks at tackle. He's a bust and needs to go away.

But factually you are wrong. I provided stats and facts. I know your the Debbie downer of the seahawks.net board.

How do ppl ignore stats and facts? I guess I'm too analytical.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We brought in one of the best tackles in the NFL who even has experience in a zbs system and he still struggled with Tom Cables blocking schemes. This fact should tell any rationally thinking persons all they need to know. If they actually believe their own comments then Pete and JS refuse to see the evidence that is laying on their own feet.

raisethe3

Reaction score
How about we all wait and see how Ifedi perform next season no? I had high hopes that Ifedi would do well or at least improve himself. But again, I am really hoping he improves dramatically next season. Those bone-headed penalties has got to go! So in the meantime, I'll reserve my judgment till after 2018.

I would really like to see how much the OL improves with a different coach other than Cable.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":6sb59mnp said:
pittpnthrs":6sb59mnp said:
Shanegotyou11":6sb59mnp said:

But factually you are wrong. I provided stats and facts. I know your the Debbie downer of the seahawks.net board.

How do ppl ignore stats and facts? I guess I'm too analytical.

Your argument was pretty weak, I’d hardly call you ‘too analytical’ for the board. :roll:

xgeoff

Reaction score
MO Hawk":1vtqbbqw said:
You could have the best in the NFL and Tom Cable will screw it up. So depressed that it appears he will be back.

Exactly this. Think about the linemen that have not looked good here, like James Carpenter, but as soon as they get to another team they look great. Even Max Unger, I thought, was starting to struggle here and I wasn't upset to see him go. Ever since he has been an anchor for that New Orleans o-line.

Till Tom Cable goes, this o-line will be crap.

Jville

Reaction score
My Oh My .......... once again .............. mob censorship at work.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
xgeoff":3gd74b4w said:
MO Hawk":3gd74b4w said:
You could have the best in the NFL and Tom Cable will screw it up. So depressed that it appears he will be back.

Exactly this. Think about the linemen that have not looked good here, like James Carpenter, but as soon as they get to another team they look great. Even Max Unger, I thought, was starting to struggle here and I wasn't upset to see him go. Ever since he has been an anchor for that New Orleans o-line.

Till Tom Cable goes, this o-line will be crap.
Till Pete Carroll goes, Tom Cable will be here.

Get ready for more excuses why the o-line sucks next year.