OL personnel going into next year not that bad?

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":32m15ym2 said:
Shanegotyou11":32m15ym2 said:
pittpnthrs":32m15ym2 said:
Shanegotyou11":32m15ym2 said:
Why so much hate for ifedi?

If you have to ask, I dont know what to tell you. He stunk at guard and he stinks at tackle. He's a bust and needs to go away.

But factually you are wrong. I provided stats and facts. I know your the Debbie downer of the seahawks.net board.

How do ppl ignore stats and facts? I guess I'm too analytical.

Your argument was pretty weak, I’d hardly call you ‘too analytical’ for the board. :roll:

You sound lame. I have provided stats and facts to back my claims. I have provided them in many of the worn out o line issue threads.

You guys are too stubborn, too dense to comprehend.

You guys are stating opinions on ifedi. I provided factual and statistics to back up my claims. You don't cut players in first year at spot or career. He is on par with first year tackles and many became pro bowl players. He also was a average RG during his first year.

Yea so too analytical on this subject. Not a big blockhead. Not stubborn. Not rigid.

:roll:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
xgeoff":2kce670z said:
MO Hawk":2kce670z said:
You could have the best in the NFL and Tom Cable will screw it up. So depressed that it appears he will be back.

Exactly this. Think about the linemen that have not looked good here, like James Carpenter, but as soon as they get to another team they look great. Even Max Unger, I thought, was starting to struggle here and I wasn't upset to see him go. Ever since he has been an anchor for that New Orleans o-line.

Till Tom Cable goes, this o-line will be crap.

Tom cable is the issue. The main issue.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3lswbf0t said:
Coug_Hawk08":3lswbf0t said:
Shanegotyou11":3lswbf0t said:
pittpnthrs":3lswbf0t said:
If you have to ask, I dont know what to tell you. He stunk at guard and he stinks at tackle. He's a bust and needs to go away.

But factually you are wrong. I provided stats and facts. I know your the Debbie downer of the seahawks.net board.

Your argument was pretty weak, I’d hardly call you ‘too analytical’ for the board. :roll:

You sound lame. I have provided stats and facts to back my claims. I have provided them in many of the worn out o line issue threads.

You guys are stating opinions on ifedi. I provided factual and statistics to back up my claims. You don't cut players in first year at spot or career. He is on par with first year tackles and many became pro bowl players. He also was a average RG during his first year.

Yea so too analytical on this subject. Not a big blockhead. Not stubborn. Not rigid.

Well you really didn't provide any stats. Saying he had less sacks at Tackle than guard isn't really a stat. Without the data how do we know that he still isn't giving up a lot of sacks or how he is relative to the rest of the league?

"You guys also said our past lines wouldn't be in NFL after Seattle let them go. False." From what I have seen most here call out the irony on how past Seahawk linemen have gone onto other teams and done very well.

"Most pro bowl lineman were solid at year 3 or 4 at same position. This is all factual for 75% of these current or former pro bowlers." Not really a fact unless you provide evidence to back it up. It may very well be true but I would like to see the data that you base your statement off of.

With all that said, even if everything you said is true and a "fact", what I do know to be a fact is that Ifedi was the most penalized player in the NFL and killed numerous drives this season, possibly costing a good amount of points. Some of us do not have much tolerance for playing stupid football. It shows a lack of focus and preparation and honestly it is really unacceptable in a game that can come down to one play. Mistakes happen but if you are a repeat offender it is hard to stomach and accept.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2fz90ym4 said:
Coug_Hawk08":2fz90ym4 said:
Shanegotyou11":2fz90ym4 said:
pittpnthrs":2fz90ym4 said:

Look, I know you're well meaning here, and I can really appreciate an analytical take on things. Really I do. Here's where I'm coming from wrt Ifedi:

1. Knowing that we needed o-line help, I was scouting linemen before the draft and identified Ifedi as a prime target. He had great measureables and had played both guard and tackle. On paper at least, he seemed like a great candidate.

2. I looked at his game film at A&M. It was appalling. He was terrible. I posted on this board that this guy would be a terrible choice based on the film that was readily available to watch. He lacked power, he lacked agility, couldn't seem to understand leverage, was lazy. This was all on display at A&M.

3. We chose him and I thought "well, hopefully I'm wrong" because the college and pro games are different and you see players adjust to the pro game in different ways.

4. From the time this guy has hit the field, he has been terrible. I don't have stats for you, I'm sorry for that, but I know that Pro Football Focus has rated him at the bottom of players at his position from the very start. At both G and T. So if you appreciate analytics, perhaps you'll accept theirs.

5. My eval of Ifedi is based simply on many, many observations of the plays that he has been involved in:
-- Other DL, many of marginal talent, go around him with ease
-- For a large man, he doesn't seem to have an anchor. He plays high and gets bullrushed back into Russ
-- He lacks agility and proper footwork, seemingly unable to get his body between the defender and Russ
-- Seems unable to generate drive. For a large man who is very strong, he doesn't seem to be able to generate power at the point of attack and drive guys off the ball. Some guys just don't have this. It's the Tony Mandarich quandry. Some guys are weight room warriors (like Mark Glowinski) but can't seem to translate that into on-field performance.
-- Is undisciplined. There is a reason he is the most penalized player in the league.

So that is why I dump on Ifedi. Not because I want to, because I really don't. i want this kid to succeed. For what it's worth, he has always seemed like a good guy. He was so excited when the Seahawks picked him. Seemed pretty intelligent too. But based on my close observations, this kid is just garbage on the field.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":12vi758m said:
Shanegotyou11":12vi758m said:
Coug_Hawk08":12vi758m said:
Shanegotyou11":12vi758m said:

Well you really didn't provide any stats. Saying he had less sacks at Tackle than guard isn't really a stat. Without the data how do we know that he still isn't giving up a lot of sacks or how he is relative to the rest of the league?

"You guys also said our past lines wouldn't be in NFL after Seattle let them go. False." From what I have seen most here call out the irony on how past Seahawk linemen have gone onto other teams and done very well.

"Most pro bowl lineman were solid at year 3 or 4 at same position. This is all factual for 75% of these current or former pro bowlers." Not really a fact unless you provide evidence to back it up. It may very well be true but I would like to see the data that you base your statement off of.

With all that said, even if everything you said is true and a "fact", what I do know to be a fact is that Ifedi was the most penalized player in the NFL and killed numerous drives this season, possibly costing a good amount of points. Some of us do not have much tolerance for playing stupid football. It shows a lack of focus and preparation and honestly it is really unacceptable in a game that can come down to one play. Mistakes happen but if you are a repeat offender it is hard to stomach and accept.

I apologize. I'm too lazy to go to past threads where I'd post whole sheets of stats and facts only for same people to ignore it and type " ifedi sucks". The thread was some where around here. It took time to look up the stats and see how ifedi matched up.

I'm too lazy to find it but it didn't matter then and won't matter now. People will still say ifedi sucks. Its a mob mentality.

People have changed their tune in last couple weeks about lineman moving on and being good. So your right on that in last cpl weeks on that.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
xgeoff":1uz5exvh said:
Shanegotyou11":1uz5exvh said:
Coug_Hawk08":1uz5exvh said:
Shanegotyou11":1uz5exvh said:

Look, I know you're well meaning here, and I can really appreciate an analytical take on things. Really I do. Here's where I'm coming from wrt Ifedi:

1. Knowing that we needed o-line help, I was scouting linemen before the draft and identified Ifedi as a prime target. He had great measureables and had played both guard and tackle. On paper at least, he seemed like a great candidate.

2. I looked at his game film at A&M. It was appalling. He was terrible. I posted on this board that this guy would be a terrible choice based on the film that was readily available to watch. He lacked power, he lacked agility, couldn't seem to understand leverage, was lazy. This was all on display at A&M.

3. We chose him and I thought "well, hopefully I'm wrong" because the college and pro games are different and you see players adjust to the pro game in different ways.

4. From the time this guy has hit the field, he has been terrible. I don't have stats for you, I'm sorry for that, but I know that Pro Football Focus has rated him at the bottom of players at his position from the very start. At both G and T. So if you appreciate analytics, perhaps you'll accept theirs.

5. My eval of Ifedi is based simply on many, many observations of the plays that he has been involved in:
-- Other DL, many of marginal talent, go around him with ease
-- For a large man, he doesn't seem to have an anchor. He plays high and gets bullrushed back into Russ
-- He lacks agility and proper footwork, seemingly unable to get his body between the defender and Russ
-- Seems unable to generate drive. For a large man who is very strong, he doesn't seem to be able to generate power at the point of attack and drive guys off the ball. Some guys just don't have this. It's the Tony Mandarich quandry. Some guys are weight room warriors (like Mark Glowinski) but can't seem to translate that into on-field performance.
-- Is undisciplined. There is a reason he is the most penalized player in the league.

So that is why I dump on Ifedi. Not because I want to, because I really don't. i want this kid to succeed. For what it's worth, he has always seemed like a good guy. He was so excited when the Seahawks picked him. Seemed pretty intelligent too. But based on my close observations, this kid is just garbage on the field.

See even as I disagree simply for the fact that its too early to know on ifedi or Ethan, I respect the well thought out post. If you think a player is lacking or is struggling it'd be easier to know why? You gave me your observations. I like why you think this.

I replied with stats and get ignored or get told I'm dumb and ifedi sucks. That is what frustrated me. Give me some reason why and legitly why. What you did above me? I respect.

Now as a guard he was below average. That was just off of his only year at guard. Low in penalties and decent at sacks allowed.

As a tackle? You said high penalties. You are 110% correct. However most first year tackles in the NFL are known for high amount of flags called on them and a lot of sacks allowed usually. Well, ifedi gave up 2.5 sacks lower then the average first year tackle in the NFL but I believe 45 more yards in flags. (I apologize as I'm going off memory. I posted stats on here multiple times but they were disregarded)

Those first year tackle stats were based off future pro bowl tackles. Now I believe a cpl were just better then ifedi. Less flags and less sacks. Then most were flagged 45 yards less but gave up 2.5 more sacks. Then a cpl gave up 4-5 more sacks and only 15-25 less yards in flags. I do believe ifedi is jumpy at times and he gets flags for that.

What happened by year 3 or 4? Flags dropped and sacks did as well too. Do I think ifedi will be the top tackle? Idk. Too soon. I think he is better at guard but he is being moved around as cable is dumb.

Seriously thanks for a well thought out reply.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
He sucks because of his penalties. If he can't play at a solid level without holding and false starting then he sucks. Can he turn that around? I say we have to stick with him. Our guards need more attention in the first place, they made Ifedi look all pro. We can't replace 3 /5 of our staring line in one offseason and expect all 3 positions to be upgrades can we?

One good to very good starting OG would be like Christmas in my book. We haven't even seen that yet. But we need two.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Shane Falco":1vqxhj8h said:
He sucks because of his penalties. If he can't play at a solid level without holding and false starting then he sucks. Can he turn that around? I say we have to stick with him. Our guards need more attention in the first place, they made Ifedi look all pro. We can't replace 3 /5 of our staring line in one offseason and expect all 3 positions to be upgrades can we?

One good to very good starting OG would be like Christmas in my book. We haven't even seen that yet. But we need two.

First off I love your first name. ;)

Secondly, most first year tackles get penalized at a godly amount. Ifedi was still flagged more then a average first year tackle. A positive? He gave up less sacks then the average first yr tackle.

If you looked at ifedi at guard play, he gave up less flags then Ethan but more sacks. I feel Ethan was bullrushed more in run game then ifedi at guard.

So ifedi seems a better dit at guard.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":ri2mzqsx said:
Coug_Hawk08":ri2mzqsx said:
Shanegotyou11":ri2mzqsx said:
pittpnthrs":ri2mzqsx said:

Here's stats and analytics for you. Ifedi's overall PFF grade was a 48.6. That's awful. You shouting out that he didn't allow however many sacks with the team having one of the most mobile QB's ever isn't getting it. Besides all that, there's a thing called the eye test. Ifedi gets blown up or whiffs all the time. Why you continue to defend one of the worst lineman in the league is beyond me. He has slow feet, poor technique, and leads the league in penalties trying to compensate for it. He needs to go.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Jordan Roos excites me. I thought he looked solid when he played