On M&M Adam Schefter Reports A-Rod's:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
No "sources" are to be trusted this week.

If Rodgers is playing, he has to be though of as 100% healthy.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
ptisme":1i63q23y said:
stang233":1i63q23y said:
Arods calf is definitely worse this week then it was before the Dallas game. GOOD NEWS!
Oh good for you... Jump for joy.... Why wouldn't you want him healthy so their's no excuses?
I dont root for injuries but I don't care what shape the packers are in. Hawks have ore injuries than GB so if we win there are no excuses

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
jkitsune":1mg6wbes said:
Rodgers doesn't need two legs to beat you. While ultimately all I care about is beating the Packers, I don't think this will make a significant difference. Once he warmed up in the Cowboys game, Rodgers was nails, and I wouldn't be surprised if that happened again.

I think you meant to say: Once he went in at halftime and got injected with local pain killers Rodgers was nails. You can't "Warm Up" a calf tear.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I don't know, last years games were pretty tough and there was a lot of tension; I am not nearly as nervous about this game.. Nobody wants Rodgers to get hurt but it doesn't matter what any of us want. I have a ton of respect for the toughness of Aaron Rodgers but this game is looking pretty great for the Hawks and I don't apologize for that.

skg

Reaction score
I don't get why anyone would care if the other team had excuses for losing. This is war and if the other side's general is less than 100% then so much the better.

kjreid

Reaction score
ptisme":fxvpghzo said:
stang233":fxvpghzo said:
Arods calf is definitely worse this week then it was before the Dallas game. GOOD NEWS!
Oh good for you... Jump for joy.... Why wouldn't you want him healthy so their's no excuses?

Umm.....because it gives us an edge to win :th2thumbs:

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Mehhh I doubt their being really honest... and truthfully it doesn't matter. They will shoot it up and he wont feel a thing during the game......

idahohawk

Reaction score
ptisme":v2ofo82o said:
Mtgriz2244":v2ofo82o said:
No, I would not wish an injury on anyone no matter what. Personally I would like to see him fully healthy so when we win this next game there can be no doubt on who the better team was.
THIS. If Russel Wilson got hurt and the Packers won, that's all you'd hear from Seattle is this SB had an asterisk next to it...

Not so fast my friend. We have plenty of injuries already, as does every team. Injuries are a real part of the NFL, which makes depth critical. We all know that. I don't wish injury on anyone, but if Rodgers insists on playing on a partially torn calf, it is fair game as a talking point. This changes certain aspects of this game significantly, but even 80% Rodgers is lethal. I hope the SEA D smells blood in the water early.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's rope a dope time people, don't trust any information during the playoffs.

Every opponent is the best ever, every coach is the greatest foe you've ever played against and every player sandbags injuries to instill false confidence in his adversary.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
idahohawk":9ysc7j2c said:
ptisme":9ysc7j2c said:
Mtgriz2244":9ysc7j2c said:
No, I would not wish an injury on anyone no matter what. Personally I would like to see him fully healthy so when we win this next game there can be no doubt on who the better team was.
THIS. If Russel Wilson got hurt and the Packers won, that's all you'd hear from Seattle is this SB had an asterisk next to it...

Not so fast my friend. We have plenty of injuries already, as does every team. Injuries are a real part of the NFL, which makes depth critical. We all know that. I don't wish injury on anyone, but if Rodgers insists on playing on a partially torn calf, it is fair game as a talking point. This changes certain aspects of this game significantly, but even 80% Rodgers is lethal. I hope the SEA D smells blood in the water early.

Oh they'll smell blood. They will make Rodgers prove he can beat them with his legs, BEFORE they make any changes.

lukerguy

Reaction score
stang233":2r4xwb8k said:
Arods calf is definitely worse this week then it was before the Dallas game. Good News for the Hawks. He probably will not be running the zone read!

Of course it was. Rodgers clearly was hobbling on the calf in the first half, but came out in the second without any limp or hesitation. Clearly he was given some sort of shot to numb the pain. The problem with that is you can do serious damage without feeling it, and pay the consequences in weeks to come. Well, GB won the game which is all well and good, but now you have a QB with an even worse situation.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
PackerNation":289yyhjh said:
jkitsune":289yyhjh said:
Rodgers doesn't need two legs to beat you. While ultimately all I care about is beating the Packers, I don't think this will make a significant difference. Once he warmed up in the Cowboys game, Rodgers was nails, and I wouldn't be surprised if that happened again.

Well, it would certainly help, though! Seattle is not going to give us 2-3 quarters to warm up and get in the game. He'll have to come out playing well and play well for a full 4 quarters.

Still, I get that you want every advantage you possibly can. If Wilson had a torn calf and couldn't run, I wouldn't be upset about it. I would just hope he made a full recovery for next season.

With the way our offense plays you guys wont be out of it until mid way through the 3rd quarter

byau

Reaction score
I really doubt this effects the Seahawks game planning anyhow. I think they are more concerned with their own injuries and practicing their own game

Heck the majority of discussion on this board is about our own players first

Unfortunately this will sound like homerism and blind confidence. But oh well

With a healthy Rodgers I would still be more surprised at a Seahawks loss than a Seahawks win. It would just be a lot harder with a 100% healthy Rodgers and a much closer game. And I think the Seahawks would have to screw up on a lot of things

If you think about it, no Seahawk will ever be league MVP: why? Because it's too hard to even pick a team MVP. We can't even decide if Russell or Marshawn is MVP on the offense. We can't decide if Earl, Sherman, Wagner, Chancellor, or even Bennett is a defensive MVP. What that also means is you don't have just a single point of failure. You would need all of them to fail for us to have a bad game and that's what I mean by a lot of things would have to go wrong . Just one of those guys or two of those guys fail and we still got the rest to pick the team back up

With a 100% Rodgers I still think it's a 70/30 proposition. With a 70% Rodgers I don't think that changes much, at most 78/22

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Packer fans will cry and whine regardless so why not wish for Flynn?

fan4life

Reaction score
lukerguy":38e5to9z said:
stang233":38e5to9z said:
Arods calf is definitely worse this week then it was before the Dallas game. Good News for the Hawks. He probably will not be running the zone read!

Of course it was. Rodgers clearly was hobbling on the calf in the first half, but came out in the second without any limp or hesitation. Clearly he was given some sort of shot to numb the pain. The problem with that is you can do serious damage without feeling it, and pay the consequences in weeks to come. Well, GB won the game which is all well and good, but now you have a QB with an even worse situation.

Rodgers sold his calf to the devil to win at home, on Lambeau Field. Perfectly understandable.

The playoffs often come down to the team that stays the healthiest and/or does the best job bringing "the next man up" at the end of a long season. Lots of talk about Eddie Lacy, but he's got asthma.... not sure GB is comfortable building a game plan around him.

GB will live (as they did vs Dallas) or die on what AR can manage to do from the pocket against the LOB. You can bet Adam Schefter has double-checked his sources. As I said earlier in the week, local (WI) sources are reporting the same thing.... and everyone here knows somebody who knows somebody who's close to the locker room....

2_0_6

Reaction score
Smoke and mirrors.. Rogers is coming here to give his all even if it's at 80% and risk of further injury, and I have no doubt about that.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Not buying it fully. Adrenaline will carry Rodgers until the half, then he can get a pain killer beyond that. The man on one leg is a much better QB than anything we've seen in awhile.

That said I think the Packers success on Sunday begins and ends with Eddie Lacy, much like it did in the opener. We shut Lacy down the first time (and eventually knocked him out completely) and made the Packers one-dimensional.. if we're able to do that again we will win rather convincingly IMO. If we don't though.. it will be a dog fight.

As great as Rodgers played in the 2nd half against the Cowboys, Lacy quietly had over 100 yards on the ground.. stopping him is huge.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Team Dr's will make sure Aaron can't feel a thing come game time. He's still the most dangerous QB we've seen since week 3, so the D is going to be tested in a big way.