Oregon vs Washington state

SeatownJay

Reaction score
With both Oklahoma and Michigan losing today, Wazzu are guaranteed to break into the top 10 next week.

Maulbert

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1pojyd03 said:
DJrmb":1pojyd03 said:
Oh man Maulbert is going to have a fun week it looks :lol:

He gets 364 more days. Oh well. He gets to chirp as much as he wants. God knows I would be if Oregon won.

Well, theoretically, it could be less than 365 days. They still have to set the schedule for 2018. I mean, the Cougars and Ducks could play in September. But make no mistake....

....I'll enjoy the time. 8)

Maulbert

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3rdol43b said:
Josea16":3rdol43b said:
So Washington State is 6-0? What kind of bizzaro world do we live in? While I grew up in Oregon after moving from California and before living Washington after college in California....it was written in stone every Pac 10 team not in Los Angeles, Arizona or Seattle were dumpster fires for years running sometimes for a generation or more.

WSU has had their moments. This last recession had been a particular long one though after Price left. To be honest I don't know how Wazzu gets any talent to go there. People who have been to Pullman know what I am talking about.

Paul Wulff was a monumentally terrible hire. 4 conference victories in 4 seasons. Ugh.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Maulbert":2dv793o7 said:
seahawkfreak":2dv793o7 said:
Josea16":2dv793o7 said:
So Washington State is 6-0? What kind of bizzaro world do we live in? While I grew up in Oregon after moving from California and before living Washington after college in California....it was written in stone every Pac 10 team not in Los Angeles, Arizona or Seattle were dumpster fires for years running sometimes for a generation or more.

WSU has had their moments. This last recession had been a particular long one though after Price left. To be honest I don't know how Wazzu gets any talent to go there. People who have been to Pullman know what I am talking about.

Paul Wulff was a monumentally terrible hire. 4 conference victories in 4 seasons. Ugh.

God yes and he lasted as long as Doba did even though Bill had 3x the wins. Wasn't a Doba fan either. Felt like the school got lazy on that one.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Maulbert":3p8hde98 said:
Like the new avatar, JSea?

Can't see it. I have Avatar's turned off because I like to be on .net instead of working while at work but don't want some of the bikini'd ladies and such that some have as their avatar's showing up.

I'm sure I hate it though.

Smellyman

Reaction score
JustTheTip":21cngkir said:
Sports Hernia":21cngkir said:
JSeahawks":21cngkir said:
JustTheTip":21cngkir said:
Yes, but in the middle of the last time the Huskies did that something occurred that neither the Cougars nor the Ducks have ever accomplished.

0-12?
Swing and a miss.
Hint: it's something the quackers have never done and probably never will. 8)

I think Duck fans may believe two title game losses is approximately the same as a national championship.

1/2 national title....by cheating

Smellyman

Reaction score
Maulbert":2tnzi5y8 said:
seahawkfreak":2tnzi5y8 said:
Josea16":2tnzi5y8 said:

Silver lining...He is why Leach is in Pullman.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I think Alex Grinch will be gone after this season. It'll be surprising if no one notices the job he's done with the Cougars D. 117th in the country when he got there, jumped to 74th in his first season, 50th in his second, and is 34th this year before the Oregon game. I'll be shocked if he doesn't get a head coaching job somewhere. Plus, he's only 37.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Maulbert":25hndkfl said:
I think Alex Grinch will be gone after this season. It'll be surprising if no one notices the job he's done with the Cougars D. 117th in the country when he got there, jumped to 74th in his first season, 50th in his second, and is 34th this year before the Oregon game. I'll be shocked if he doesn't get a head coaching job somewhere. Plus, he's only 37.

I concur. Not to mention being hired as defensive coordinator in the NFL would be a huge upgrade. Hoping he wont go anywhere if it's anything less than that though.

Smellyman

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1e29s8u8 said:
Maulbert":1e29s8u8 said:

I concur. Not to mention being hired as defensive coordinator in the NFL would be a huge upgrade. Hoping he wont go anywhere if it's anything less than that though.

NFL? Settle down now.

Good news is he is making 600k a year which is pretty good scratch for an assistant and especially with Pullman cost of living.

That being said young good assistants don't stick around anywhere long.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
JSeahawks":j95mlns6 said:
Uncle Si":j95mlns6 said:
Was this a “big” win for Wazzu?

Not really, no. There are a lot of really bad teams in the pac 12. And at the moment, Oregon is one of them.

I'd say any time you go into Autzen it's a big win.

Now go ahead and get that QB of yours back healthy and beat the mutts!

Go Cougs!

JustTheTip

Reaction score
gowazzu02":svzas4e7 said:
JSeahawks":svzas4e7 said:
Uncle Si":svzas4e7 said:

Not really, no. There are a lot of really bad teams in the pac 12. And at the moment, Oregon is one of them.

Go Cougs!

As unlikely as the playoffs are for WSU, you will definitely need the Apple Cup to be against an undefeated UW team to have any real chance. I know as a Husky, I am wanting WSU to stay undefeated going into that game.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
JustTheTip":2qxjawbx said:
gowazzu02":2qxjawbx said:
JSeahawks":2qxjawbx said:
Uncle Si":2qxjawbx said:

Go Cougs!

As unlikely as the playoffs are for WSU, you will definitely need the Apple Cup to be against an undefeated UW team to have any real chance. I know as a Husky, I am wanting WSU to stay undefeated going into that game.

If you think an undefeated Pac12 team gets left out your crazy. UW showed last year that OOC schedule is meaningless.

but honestly. Thats way too far down the line to even worry about. Cal tonight.

PS: What do Oregon, WSU and UW fans all have in common????? None of them went to UW!