Oregon vs Washington state

JustTheTip

Reaction score
gowazzu02":331yrhmg said:
JustTheTip":331yrhmg said:
gowazzu02":331yrhmg said:
JSeahawks":331yrhmg said:
Not really, no. There are a lot of really bad teams in the pac 12. And at the moment, Oregon is one of them.

I'd say any time you go into Autzen it's a big win.

Now go ahead and get that QB of yours back healthy and beat the mutts!

Go Cougs!

As unlikely as the playoffs are for WSU, you will definitely need the Apple Cup to be against an undefeated UW team to have any real chance. I know as a Husky, I am wanting WSU to stay undefeated going into that game.

If you think an undefeated Pac12 team gets left out your crazy. UW showed last year that OOC schedule is meaningless.

but honestly. Thats way too far down the line to even worry about. Cal tonight.

PS: What do Oregon, WSU and UW fans all have in common????? None of them went to UW!

I think if there is a way to leave out an undefeated pac-12 team, they will find it.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
There's no way they can leave out an undefeated PAC-12 champ. The committee will review everything, and they will realize that if an undefeated or 1 loss SEC team is in the playoffs, they have to put in an undefeated PAC-12 champ.

Why? Because the committee will understand that SEC teams play 1 less conference game. Alabama for example will have played 3 cupcake OOC teams, and then 1 decent OOC team (Florida State). So the game against FSU essentially becomes equal to a ninth conference game. So the only argument there is against putting an undefeated UW or WSU team into the playoffs is essentially voided. Remember, the committee isn't ESPN, so they're not going to make stupid decisions (although I do believe Tyrone Willingham is on the committee) and buy into hype. They are going to look at objective facts and the entire body of work of each team.

Also, let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Undefeated seasons are rare, especially these days with 13 game seasons. Odds are there will be maybe 1 undefeated team (if that) when the season is over. Injuries, teams getting better, teams getting worse...so much will change between now and the end of the season.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Hell, I'll bet a 1 loss Pac-12 Champ would make the playoffs this year.

Maulbert

Reaction score
JSeahawks":7o0yzots said:
Maulbert":7o0yzots said:
JSeahawks":7o0yzots said:
Yea, if either UW or Wsu end up undefeated, they're in. Period. But, I don't think either will.

Good enough to beat the Ducks' sorry ass. :p

Good enough to beat Cal though?

Yeah, we're playing like shit, but the PI call on that TD pass was bullshit. Second half still to come. I have faith. If Cal were actually good instead of just lucky, WSU would be down by 28 by now, at least.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Maulbert":2mnq54mw said:
JSeahawks":2mnq54mw said:
Maulbert":2mnq54mw said:
JSeahawks":2mnq54mw said:
Yea, if either UW or Wsu end up undefeated, they're in. Period. But, I don't think either will.

Good enough to beat the Ducks' sorry ass. :p

Good enough to beat Cal though?

Yeah, we're playing like shit, but the PI call on that TD pass was bullshit. Second half still to come. I have faith. If Cal were actually good instead of just lucky, WSU would be down by 28 by now, at least.

Actually I agree with you. I still expect WSU to win this game.