Our O-line in the off-season...

getnasty

Reaction score
Did you know back in 1997 Drew Bledsoe a former Cougar great was only sacked 30 times in a season on a team coach bye Pete Carroll? Matt Leinart never got sacked at USC, It has to be Russell.

John, it's not crazy to think Russ holds the ball sometimes trying to make a play and takes a sack. If he didn't do this he wouldn't be special it's part of what makes him great. It also leads to probably a few more sacks then say a Drew Brees who throws the ball away the first sign of danger.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
xray":2e53rhbd said:
I'm guessing that Britt will be too expensive to keep---Brown at 34 and getting banged up will retire---Upati goes away---Flucker has 1 year left , he's a 50/50 keeper---Ifedi is history---Fant will replace Brown. Really good OLineman are as hard to come by as really good QBs .
I think Brown comes back for one more year but is nicked off and on all next season. Agree that Britt and Ifedi are gone. Iupati likely gone. Just guesses

toffee

Reaction score
OL '20

Brown - Jones
??
Hunt - ??
Fluker - ??
Fant - Jones

Fant and Jones will fight for starting RT assuming Fant isn't too expensive to resign, We shall need LG and backup interior linemen. In '21, we may have Fant and Jones as our LT and RT unless we draft or sign someone. Alternatively, Jones did better at guard:

Brown
Jones
Hunt
Fluker
Fant

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
toffee":vq6g76cm said:
OL '20

Brown - Jones
??
Hunt - ??
Fluker - ??
Fant - Jones

Fant and Jones will fight for starting RT assuming Fant isn't too expensive to resign, We shall need LG and backup interior linemen. In '21, we may have Fant and Jones as our LT and RT unless we draft or sign someone. Alternatively, Jones did better at guard:

Brown
Jones
Hunt
Fluker
Fant

Hunt has done a descent job filling in but there's no way he's the starting Center week one next season. He's not exactly blowing anyone off the ball now is he . The entire line needs to be retooled. Brown is the only one I would expect to see start next year. Iupati and Britt will almost assuredly be replaced. Fluker maybe he has one more year in him I wouldn't bet on it though. Posic no I've seen enough he can go. Same with Hunt we can do better even as a backup. Jones and Haynes need to see more i'm not sure what we have there yet.

chris98251

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":12gnos9j said:
toffee":12gnos9j said:
OL '20

Brown - Jones
??
Hunt - ??
Fluker - ??
Fant - Jones

Brown
Jones
Hunt
Fluker
Fant

Hunt has done a descent job filling in but there's no way he's the starting Center week one next season. He's not exactly blowing anyone off the ball now is he . The entire line needs to be retooled. Brown is the only one I would expect to see start next year. Iupati and Britt will almost assuredly be replaced. Fluker maybe he has one more year in him I wouldn't bet on it though. Posic no I've seen enough he can go. Same with Hunt we can do better even as a backup. Jones and Haynes need to see more i'm not sure what we have there yet.

Re Tool? you can't change out any more parts then we have on a constant basis, if you had 4 doors on it we could call it a Chinese fire drill.

We need Youth, and consistently, very hard to do I know but you pay in one way or another, the redshirt PS participants should be stepping up and paying off next year.

toffee

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2fko6g9j said:
toffee":2fko6g9j said:
OL '20

Brown - Jones
??
Hunt - ??
Fluker - ??
Fant - Jones

Brown
Jones
Hunt
Fluker
Fant

Not like our starting center has been blowing people off or being a perennial pro bowler. Hunt is serviceable and cheap, free up some $ for FA linemen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
toffee":764cu7tj said:
Northwest Seahawk":764cu7tj said:
toffee":764cu7tj said:
OL '20

Brown - Jones
??
Hunt - ??
Fluker - ??
Fant - Jones

Brown
Jones
Hunt
Fluker
Fant

Not like our starting center has been blowing people off or being a perennial pro bowler. Hunt is serviceable and cheap, free up some $ for FA linemen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched Hunt get blown up 3 times in a row one on one so no to Hunt. The oline is a domino if you center his weak and forces every one to hep inside which leads speed rushers free. Most importantly whoever we get for the oline needs to be very good pass blocker. I dont want anymore great run blockers poor pass blockers.

xray

Reaction score
if given opportunity keep a couple vets that can play and replace the other 3 regardless of position on the line; with a preference on improving the pass plays . A good OL should be able to play run or pass plays equally well . Then they have a premium situation with Wilson...hope they do something while he is still in his prime .

chris98251

Reaction score
So three complete lineman that can run block and pass block, Vets, figure on about 10 million a year plus each.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
They are high on the rookie Phil Haynes at guard and Jordan Simmons looked pretty good last year as a rookie in his 3 starts. Fluker probably returns since he’s still under contract but Haynes or Simmons could fill the other guard spot, perhaps both. Brown probably has one more year. I wouldnt be a bit surprised to see either Ifedi or Britt resigned. Ifedi has a bad rep as a penalty waiting to happen and as a human turnstile. To be fair to him, his last couple years he has shown huge improvement. In terms of availability and consistency, he has been the best lineman. Both Britt and Ifedi had rough starts to their careers but have been much better with experience. I remember how awful Ray Roberts was as a Seahawk but then went on to have a good career elsewhere . Oline is a position that is extremely difficult to come in as a rookie and contribute at a high level. In 2020 I won’t be surprised to see only 1 or 2 new guys playing on the line that are not already Seahawks.

Largent80

Reaction score
John63":2k5kaiix said:
Largent80":2k5kaiix said:
John63":2k5kaiix said:
Largent80":2k5kaiix said:
6 out of the 10 OL are on the injury report. Hard to be effective hurt. BOTH lines are going to need serious attention next off season. Fant and Ifedi are F.A.

Iupati and Fluker were on 1 year deals and Brown will be 34. Briitt coming off ACL surgery and a HUGE contract for next year.

On the DL...Reed and Jefferson are F.A......So is Clowney.

Hawks have a ton of cap but that is a daunting list of stuff to do. With all the draft picks I see JS doing what he does best.

LOL yes because the 25th ranking they had in pass blocking before the injuries is so impressive....NOT

When RW is your QB, you are going to have those numbers. Why have those numbers been so consistent for every year he has been the QB?...LOL...NOT

Hmm in 2011 BEFORE Wilson they were ranked 25th in pass blocking, nice try though, fyi we have not had an oline higher than 20th since PC has been here hmm.. FYI the year before PC 14th. Hmm

Cable dude, do your research.

John63

Reaction score
Largent80":2lfdukho said:
John63":2lfdukho said:
Largent80":2lfdukho said:
John63":2lfdukho said:
LOL yes because the 25th ranking they had in pass blocking before the injuries is so impressive....NOT

When RW is your QB, you are going to have those numbers. Why have those numbers been so consistent for every year he has been the QB?...LOL...NOT

Hmm in 2011 BEFORE Wilson they were ranked 25th in pass blocking, nice try though, fyi we have not had an oline higher than 20th since PC has been here hmm.. FYI the year before PC 14th. Hmm

Cable dude, do your research.

They arevrankwd 15th now and neve higher than 20th do your researcher, and. Ow given it has been 1 different oline coaches we can now point to PC and is desire for run blockers.