Our offensive line rankings 2012-2014

Anthony!

Reaction score
Jville":nbbhvb2k said:
Statistics and alleged facts can mislead when presented outside of context.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JaredStanger/status/671416068875886592[/tweet]

Yes and for every one of those type of sacks there is 2+ were Wilson saves the sack. So yeah facts and stats still work.

Jville

Reaction score
Anthony!":3kik6f3u said:
Jville":3kik6f3u said:

Yes and for every one of those type of sacks there is 2+ were Wilson saves the sack. So yeah facts and stats still work.

..... creative context ...... Priceless!

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":lc05ahlz said:
Jville":lc05ahlz said:

This is a debatable point. In many cases Wilson has the opportunity to get rid of the ball but elects to keep it, putting himself in a position where he then needs to save the sack and is not always successful. Saving yourself doesn't count if you were the one who put yourself in danger.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Jville":n87vug9e said:
Anthony!":n87vug9e said:
Jville":n87vug9e said:

..... creative context ...... Priceless!

and true

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/671470572698787840[/tweet]

........... key needs many at dot net had been pointing out.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Anthony you are definitely .Net's Elguapo.

You really don't get how your stance actually hurts him in fan viewership. It's sad.

Not long ago when Tarvaris Jackson was the starting QB there were a few guys in here that were his fans and they sounded very similar to how you sound now. They made it so unreadable that some fans actually rooted against Jackson just to shut them up.

The question I have for you is if Wilson was traded to Jacksonville tomorrow would you suddenly become a Jags fan and forget about the Seahawks? Or even hate the Seahawks for trading him away? I ask because all those Jackson fans magically disappeared when he was traded to the Bills and yes all those guys claimed to be Seahawks fans until well, they weren't.

PS you should look up the meaning of the word fact. I'm not sure it means what you think it means.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3cyvurw2 said:

You really don't get how your stance actually hurts him in fan viewership. It's sad.

Not long ago when Tarvaris Jackson was the starting QB there were a few guys in here that were his fans and they sounded very similar to how you sound now. They made it so unreadable that some fans actually rooted against Jackson just to shut them up.

The question I have for you is if Wilson was traded to Jacksonville tomorrow would you suddenly become a Jags fan and forget about the Seahawks? Or even hate the Seahawks for trading him away? I ask because all those Jackson fans magically disappeared when he was traded to the Bills and yes all those guys claimed to be Seahawks fans until well, they weren't.

PS you should look up the meaning of the word fact. I'm not sure it means what you think it means.

Oh there is so much irony here it makes me think you did this on purpose. You have at least 500lbs of anecdotal cow crap in your rambling. At least Anthony brought actually statistics to his argument.

Jville

Reaction score
There clearly remains a huge divide between those who have bought into the PFF cult and those who remain independent of its proclamations.

Anthony!

Reaction score
RichNhansom":92u63v1z said:

:pukeface:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1pul0200 said:
RichNhansom":1pul0200 said:

Oh there is so much irony here it makes me think you did this on purpose. You have at least 500lbs of anecdotal cow crap in your rambling. At least Anthony brought actually statistics to his argument.

You mean like this stat? Yes and for every one of those type of sacks there is 2+ were Wilson saves the sack. So yeah facts and stats still work.
Where it is pointed out that Wilson caused one of the sacks?

It's nauseating to read posts where opinion is stated as facts. I love Wilson too and don't bad mouth him but I am not to the point that I think he is immortal. He contributes to some of our struggles just like Bevell and the O-line. It doesn't have to be sacrilege to admit that and it doesn't mean you don't believe Wilson is or will become elite. It is just having the ability to see the team as a team rather than just one player. Keep in mind you cannot believe Wilson is flawless unless you are willing to bash other parts of the team and for those of us who are team first, I am not ok with bashing any part of it unfairly just to protect the image of one player. This is the Seahawks not the Wilson's.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":892uu3rx said:
RichNhansom":892uu3rx said:

Love how he refuses to answer your question, RnH, and continues instead to simply revert to nausea (which you may want to get checked medically, Tony; your continual vomit contributes nothing to this site of value and just makes you appear immature).

Anthony!

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2vxfdd94 said:
Anthony!":2vxfdd94 said:
RichNhansom":2vxfdd94 said:

Love how he refuses to answer your question, RnH, and continues instead to simply revert to nausea (which you may want to get checked medically, Tony; your continual vomit contributes nothing to this site of value and just makes you appear immature).

I did not see a reason to say anything but since that was not clear to you here you go, 1 I have a right to post what I want, 2 I do not agree with you that my stance hurts Wilson at all, given all the hate on this and other boards for him. I have looked up the word fact maybe you should. As to the stupid question of course I would be a hawks fan and a Wilson fan except when he plays us, but again stupid question as it is not going to happen, and I have been asked before although a different trade partner and gave the same answer you should try searching and not wasting you time asking questions that have been asked answered.

Anthony!

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3lm5veak said:
seahawkfreak":3lm5veak said:
RichNhansom":3lm5veak said:

You mean like this stat? Yes and for every one of those type of sacks there is 2+ were Wilson saves the sack. So yeah facts and stats still work.

It's nauseating to read posts where opinion is stated as facts. I love Wilson too and don't bad mouth him but I am not to the point that I think he is immortal. He contributes to some of our struggles just like Bevell and the O-line. It doesn't have to be sacrilege to admit that and it doesn't mean you don't believe Wilson is or will become elite. It is just having the ability to see the team as a team rather than just one player. Keep in mind you cannot believe Wilson is flawless unless you are willing to bash other parts of the team and for those of us who are team first, I am not ok with bashing any part of it unfairly just to protect the image of one player. This is the Seahawks not the Wilson's.

You should try looking further back in the thread were a Tweet was poste saying 1 sack was on Wilson. AS to the rest I too have said when he messes up but there is a small group of very vocal people who are negative no matter what he does. Stating a fact about how bad the oline had been up until the last 2 games is not bashing any part of the team it is stating a fact, just like stating Wilson was struggling for a while is a fact.

Jville

Reaction score
In having his best game ever by staying with the pocket last Sunday, Russell Wilson made life so much easier for linemen and receivers alike. It finally happen. Looking forward to seeing more.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Jville":2enhfg7s said:
In having his best game ever by staying with the pocket last Sunday, Russell Wilson made life so much easier for linemen and receivers alike. It finally happen. Looking forward to seeing more.

Word.

Sunday was by far Russell's best game in a long, long time, including the playoffs and SB. He was in full control of the offense, made good decisions, delivered in the clutch. It was his second straight solid effort.

But I want to see it on the road against a quality defense before I start turning cartwheels...SF and Pitt were bottom third, Minny has a top 10 D. He has another solid game against the Vikings and we can start making playoff reservations.

Willyeye

Reaction score
RichNhansom":n2zrdzij said:
seahawkfreak":n2zrdzij said:
RichNhansom":n2zrdzij said:

To be fair, it sounds like you are not a fan of the Seahawks, but rather a fan of the Anti-Wilsons Team. I don't think anyone on this site has ever said that Wilson is the perfect NFL QB. But he's been pretty darn good and whether the haters admit it or not, the Seahawks have won a lot of games over the last 3-1/2 years because Wilson was the QB.

If you think the O-Line has been even average this season, you're not being realistic. They were horrible for at least the first half of the season, and much of it was NOT Wilson's fault. Regarding Cable, he might have overreached with Nowak, but I think if Lewis hadn't been injured early on, Lewis would have been the starting Center since Week 1. I like Cable, and these last 2 games have actually impressed me...the guy might just have something here.

Here's a nice little article to check out: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... ell-wilson . I know it's on ESPN, but it is their new Seahawk beat guy, and he's actually a decent writer. Even I, a Wilson homer, was impressed with some of the stats on this article.