Out played and out-coached

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Sure Geno sucked but Waldron has got to scheme better. You cannot be taking four and five step drops with a blitzing defense. Just awful scheming and zero adjustments. We might need a whole new OC and DC next year tbh. Will not beat elite teams with a bullshit game plan. We got our ass kicked. Shit’s embarrassing

renofox

Reaction score
Sure Geno sucked but Waldron has got to scheme better. You cannot be taking four and five step drops with a blitzing defense. Just awful scheming and zero adjustments. We might need a whole new OC and DC next year tbh. Will not beat elite teams with a bullshit game plan. We got our ass kicked. Shit’s embarrassing
This is where I'm puzzled.

Did Waldron fail to include hot routes and quick checkdowns in the gameplan? Were there any viable alerts?

Or did Geno fail to use them?

Also, the line calls on offense obviously sucked ass. Was that on Brown or Geno?

We'll probably never know the answers.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
This is where I'm puzzled.

Did Waldron fail to include hot routes and quick checkdowns in the gameplan? Were there any viable alerts?

Or did Geno fail to use them?

Also, the line calls on offense obviously sucked ass. Was that on Brown or Geno?

We'll probably never know the answers.
Pretty much hit the nail on the head. The Ravens are good enough as is, no need to help them out with ineptitude play calling and blaze’ schemes offensively. Absolute trash run scheming as well

renofox

Reaction score
Pretty much hit the nail on the head. The Ravens are good enough as is, no need to help them out with ineptitude play calling and blaze’ schemes offensively. Absolute trash run scheming as well
Before the game, I was really looking forward to seeing the creative outside/stretch/zone running game that the Rams used to run to perfection.

Finally! Waldron will show us what he's got!

Nope. Off-guard. Off-guard. Off-guard. ad nauseum

Not even any counters, traps, or whams.
Nothing. 1940's running plays over and over and over and...

Plays that rely on winning ALL 1-on-1s when you're having a hard time winning one of them.

I'm confused. I don't get it.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Waldron has for weeks now have been consistently outcoached.

You know as OC if a QB is struggling, and what you do, devise a game plan for the QB to get further exposed…yeah, great coaching.

Dont know what’s going on with Waldron but he isn’t doing Seattle any favors right now.

Seattle has no offensive identity right now and it’s downright embarrassing.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It's really Pete's fault. Notice how every coordinator we ever have under Carroll has many of the same tendencies, and when we do see something that is not completely bland, boring, and super predictable, it's always short-lived?

renofox

Reaction score
It's really Pete's fault. Notice how every coordinator we ever have under Carroll has many of the same tendencies, and when we do see something that is not completely bland, boring, and super predictable, it's always short-lived?
I've noticed that, also.

renofox

Reaction score
I'm getting really tired of it. Pete needs to 100% hand over the reins of the offense to his OCs and not tell them jack $hit. Let them do what they want to do.
Yes. But never gonna happen. Were stuck with this system.

renofox

Reaction score

You know as OC if a QB is struggling, and what you do, devise a game plan for the QB to get further exposed…yeah, great coaching.

Dont know what’s going on with Waldron but he isn’t doing Seattle any favors right now.

This brings up another thing I don't get.

Prior to the game I watched and read different pre-game shows etc. The one common item mentioned by almost every one was DO NOT TRY RUNNING UP THE MIDDLE ON THE RAVENS. All the advanced stats and such showed that the biggest weakness of the Ravens defense was the outside running game. Other teams were having success there. On the contrary, Ravens had completely shut down the inside running game all season.

So what do we do? Nothing but uncreative inside running. Again, I don't get it.

Maybe PC and/or Waldron should start reading/watching the media I do. I'll be happy to give them a list, lol.

cymatica

Reaction score
Before the game, I was really looking forward to seeing the creative outside/stretch/zone running game that the Rams used to run to perfection.

Finally! Waldron will show us what he's got!

Nope. Off-guard. Off-guard. Off-guard. ad nauseum

Not even any counters, traps, or whams.
Nothing. 1940's running plays over and over and over and...

Plays that rely on winning ALL 1-on-1s when you're having a hard time winning one of them.

I'm confused. I don't get it.
It was maddening to watch. I remember they used a toss play to K9 in the 1st qtr and he got a nice gain. I was waiting the rest of the game(or early 4th when I shut it off) to see a similar run. Nope, just hammered it up the middle at their oversized dline.

The cherry on top was Pete's presser. Asked specifically about the lack of tight ends, his answer seemed completely clueless, as if he is unaware how much better the offense is when using them.

Last edited:

cymatica

Reaction score
This brings up another thing I don't get.

Prior to the game I watched and read different pre-game shows etc. The one common item mentioned by almost every one was DO NOT TRY RUNNING UP THE MIDDLE ON THE RAVENS. All the advanced stats and such showed that the biggest weakness of the Ravens defense was the outside running game. Other teams were having success there. On the contrary, Ravens had completely shut down the inside running game all season.

So what do we do? Nothing but uncreative inside running. Again, I don't get it.

Maybe PC and/or Waldron should start reading/watching the media I do. I'll be happy to give them a list, lol.
This is why this game pretty much ruined all hope I had for this team. They don't play smart. They play as if their opponent has no strengths or weaknesses. How do mediots understand how to play a team yet professional coaches act as if they don't have access to the same information?

renofox

Reaction score
The cherry on top was Pete's presser. Asked specifically about the lack of tight ends, his answer seemed completely clueless, as if he is unaware how much better the offense is when using them.
I watched the presser, also. You hit the nail on the head with "clueless". I was thinking the exact same thing.

Unfortunately, the "clueless" wasn't limited to only that one question. It was kind of a theme for both the presser and his Monday show.

They constantly lob him softballs and he's been batting .000 all too often.

Xxx

Reaction score

Slants and screens… what happened….

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
This is why this game pretty much ruined all hope I had for this team. They don't play smart. They play as if their opponent has no strengths or weaknesses. How do mediots understand how to play a team yet professional coaches act as if they don't have access to the same information?
Waldron gets out-coached in big games and doesn’t design the play calling according to the matchup on a weekly basis. If we beat the Commanders next week by a large margin I’ll be surprised.