Overtime Coin Toss (T-Jack related)

makkapakka

Reaction score
This is dumb but I love how the the Packers sent out all their team captains and the Seahawks sent out TJack and then almost as an afterthought the two kickers come running out to join him. That's classic Pete... our captains are busy planning the winning drive here, good luck to your captains and that coin toss thing.

BTW no disrespect intended to TJack - I have more faith in him than most backup QBs in the league.

Sac

Reaction score
I saw a tweet somewhere that said:

"Tarvaris Jackson has a 99 coin flip on Madden."

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Sportsnation tweeted this out after the Broncos OT game in week 3.

Seahawks have won 18 of 20 coin tosses this year.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
I love T Jack. Cus he showed me that he's a warrior and played for us with heart even when we doubted him.

peppersjap

Reaction score
TJack has represented us twice on coin tosses this year, Denver and now Green Bay.........I like his mojo!

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Rogers has no excuses on the coin toss, he called tails. His reaction was priceless too, "tails", under his breath. "It's Heads" just a half second later.

when_the_professor_calls_me_out_for_a_wrong_answer_in_front_of_200_students-119394.gif

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2dx8i4k6 said:
He's worth a million dollars a year just for that alone. The stellar clipboard management is just icing.
He'll be re-signed this offseason for his ability to win the coin toss.

jonkchar

Reaction score
I love how snooty the opposing quarterbacks look when they see TJack out there. Well guess what Peyton & Aaron- TJack has the same number of rings as you so sit down

ihawk

Reaction score
Rodgers comes out there to the middle of the field thinking to himself, "Heads, man. It's always heads. Everyone knows it's always heads. Just say 'heads' and you got this. Seattle will never get the ball back. Oh look, it's Tarvaris! I haven't seen him in ages. I wonder how he's been doing. Okay, what to do, what to do, don't blow this. Is it a half-hug daps? A handshake? No, no, a handshake is far too formal. What about like a high-five? Are people doing high-fives? I'll just watch what Randall does, then do that. Yeah, nailed it. You got this. Internal discount double-check signal. There he goes, it's daps. It's daps. Cobb got daps. Jordy got daps. I just get the- oh no he isn't even making eye contact. You're on TV, Aaron, keep it cool. Keep it cool. Hey, you're Aaron Rodgers. Who is he?! He's a guy that just dissed Aaron Rodgers on national TV. Hey, don't be like that. Don't beat yourself up. You're the MVP. You. You. Not him. Can you imagine if Tarvaris Jackson has more Super Bowl wins than me in a couple weeks? What if State Farm dumps me for him? I wonder if Randall likes him more than me. I mean look at him, he's like an even more handsome Omar Epps. I just can't- wait. The ref is looking at me. Is it on me? Well, say something, stupid!"

"Tails?"

It's heads.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/1/19/7853301/seahawks-packers-comeback-russell-wilson-is-truly-balty

ihawk

Reaction score
It just occurred to me - and maybe this has already been said - that from a certain point of view, Greenbay really had the first opportunity at a sudden death victory. With their last drive of regular time play, a TD would have won the game, a FG would keep the game going. Very similar to the first possession of OT, except in this case, after the FG they also had a 50% of getting the ball back straight away. They didn't get the TD. They got the FG, and as fate would have it, Seattle was awarded the next possession. So yeah -- we lucked out with the OT coin toss, but it's not like Aaron never had his opportunity to ice the game at the end.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
I'm just a big T-jack fan and he really illustrates the "perseverance" attitude that our team has. He went through hell in Minnesota, and to lesser extent, during his days as a starter here. He's heard every insult, been called, "T-Joke", etc., but continues to compete and by all accounts is a great locker room guy. On top of that, he's one of the better back-up QBs in the league as he's an experienced starter who has won some games.

I also have to think that maybe some embarrassment going out there with Rodgers (someone he competed against when he was at Minn), but he just does his job, never complains, and competes.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
ihawk":1oc48478 said:
It just occurred to me - and maybe this has already been said - that from a certain point of view, Greenbay really had the first opportunity at a sudden death victory. With their last drive of regular time play, a TD would have won the game, a FG would keep the game going. Very similar to the first possession of OT, except in this case, after the FG they also had a 50% of getting the ball back straight away. They didn't get the TD. They got the FG, and as fate would have it, Seattle was awarded the next possession. So yeah -- we lucked out with the OT coin toss, but it's not like Aaron never had his opportunity to ice the game at the end.
This doesn't get mentioned...they had all THREE of their timeouts left! They had plenty of time to drive for the winning TD. They stared victory in the face and blinked. Champions go for the win...not to "play not to lose."

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":19b2uvh2 said:
I saw a tweet somewhere that said:

"Tarvaris Jackson has a 99 coin flip on Madden."

Funniest thing I heard all week., worthy of a comment

Latest posts