Panther Fans Enlighten Me

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
A century mark into this thread... all Panthers fans are doing is disregarding pretty much every fact that shows the Seahawks are better.

NINEster

Reaction score
Despite the records and stats, these two teams did play to a very close game this season and in the Panthers players' minds that will mean a lot.

I think Carolina's defense is gonna give the Seahawks offense a lot of fits.

What's gonna win this game for SEA is just their steady resilience to win a war of attrition. It's what won their two home games against AZ and SF this season.

Seattle's defense is just that good at home against many teams that eventually they get the other defense to crack.

I see Carolina covering this one.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Lukeness Monster":1yewvvav said:
I just don't understand how you guys think your pedestrian offense is going to put up 20+ points on the second best D playing right now.

You have a very good RB who we've shut down before and probably will again. No discredit to him, but we're very good against the run and power backs generally don't do much against us. Your receiving corps is one of the least intimidating in the NFL. Our secondary is playing exceptionally well right now.

I honestly don't mean this as an insult, but I just don't see where the confidence in the offense comes from outside of Wilson, whom we've seen 3 times in 3 years and are familiar with.
You'll understand come Saturday. I don't get why you guys are so confident. You have a losing record and are in the worst division in football. I see a lot of false bravado being thrown around by your side.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":2pyujag6 said:
Despite the records and stats, these two teams did play to a very close game this season and in the Panthers players' minds that will mean a lot.

I think Carolina's defense is gonna give the Seahawks offense a lot of fits.

What's gonna win this game for SEA is just their steady resilience to win a war of attrition. It's what won their two home games against AZ and SF this season.

Seattle's defense is just that good at home against many teams that eventually they get the other defense to crack.

I see Carolina covering this one.
I don't, they'll have to score to cover and I don't see that happening much.

FearTheBlitz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":p6ystj4m said:
Lukeness Monster":p6ystj4m said:
I just don't understand how you guys think your pedestrian offense is going to put up 20+ points on the second best D playing right now.

You have a very good RB who we've shut down before and probably will again. No discredit to him, but we're very good against the run and power backs generally don't do much against us. Your receiving corps is one of the least intimidating in the NFL. Our secondary is playing exceptionally well right now.

I honestly don't mean this as an insult, but I just don't see where the confidence in the offense comes from outside of Wilson, whom we've seen 3 times in 3 years and are familiar with.
You'll understand come Saturday. I don't get why you guys are so confident. You have a losing record and are in the worst division in football. I see a lot of false bravado being thrown around by your side.

It's because we have nothing to lose. No one saw us this far. On the other hands you guys have a lot to lose. Everything is on the seahawks shoulders. I see no Seahawk fan worried about coming out flat. Which happens a lot in the pass years to the teams with the first round bye. Panthers can shock the world of the NFL tomorrow night.

2_0_6

Reaction score
FearTheBlitz":37s3yu3x said:
Sports Hernia":37s3yu3x said:
Lukeness Monster":37s3yu3x said:

It's because we have nothing to lose. No one saw us this far. On the other hands you guys have a lot to lose. Everything is on the seahawks shoulders. I see no Seahawk fan worried about coming out flat. Which happens a lot in the pass years to the teams with the first round bye. Panthers can shock the world of the NFL tomorrow night.

I always laugh when I see the "we have nothing to lose" statements. Your in the playoffs, you do have something to lose like all the other playoff teams....a chance at the Super Bowl.

I will agree we tend to come out flat, but the way Pete and his staff make second half adjustments is better than any other coaching staff in the NFL. Even if we do come out stumbling tomorrow, Cam is going to need to light up the LOB which I do not see happening.

GO HAWKS

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't understand why fans say the pressure is on the Hawks. All they did was go out and earn the #1 seed after starting 3-3.

What pressure?...The pressure is on any team coming into Seattle and trying to be better than us.

It simply is NOT going to happen.

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
You lost your Pro Bowl DE because he's a scumbag and should be in jail. Your owner finally did the right thing. The sad thing is that he waited to do it until the pressure was too great.[/quote]

Granted he is a scumbag but it was a misdemeanor first offense charge that is still awaiting a jury trail. He has no official convictions yet. Maybe we can hold off on throwing him in jail until due process has taken its course. BY the way in NC he will probably get probation for first time offender. Too many liberties are being trampled now a days I would like to keep the innocence until proven guilty one for a while longer.[/quote]

You can't be serious? He WAS convicted by a judge! That was his choice to go before the judge. He didn't like the outcome (mostly because he knew if he accepted it he would have been suspended by the NFL) so through " Due process" he is now appealing it going in front of a jury. He didn't know at the time he appealed that the NFL was about to be caught in a windstorm of player conduct issues and he would be suspended anyways....... God help us if you are a sample of his peers that will be on that jury. He is a criminal. But because NC allows abusing women he was sentenced to 18 months probation and 60 days and in jail were suspended. But from the land of Rae Carruth I shouldn't be surprised I guess.[/quote]

You may want to familiarize yourself with North Carolina law. He actually isn't convicted because of the fact that he is waiting for an appeal. No one is necessarily convicted until the appeal process goes through. I'm not saying Hardy is innocent, but many people read the court proceedings that took place that day, and after the full story came out, we were fairly certain that Hardy would be found innocent. Too bad that the female judge was up for re-election and her campaign was "stricter sentences on domestic abuse against women."[/quote]

Would you agree, He is appealing a "conviction" handed down already ? He already plead his innocence before a Judge, and LOST and it hardly matters what gender the judge is. There are statues, that must be followed, and I think , with your reasoning "too bad it was a female Judge" 18 months probation is the more lenient option. He is APPEALING THE CONVICTION , which merely means, the punishment is on hold...not that he is considered innocent again.

Dark Pump

Reaction score
CDN_C_Hawk":1jfbm11c said:
Would you agree, He is appealing a "conviction" handed down already ? He already plead his innocence before a Judge, and LOST and it hardly matters what gender the judge is. There are statues, that must be followed, and I think , with your reasoning "too bad it was a female Judge" 18 months probation is the more lenient option. He is APPEALING THE CONVICTION , which merely means, the punishment is on hold...not that he is considered innocent again.

"North Carolina procedure calls for an initial trial before a judge, which precedes the trial before a jury. The true day in court comes when the trial occurs before a jury.

To illustrate the relative lack of significance of the trial before the judge, the court doesn’t even generate a transcript of the trial before the judge.

So to say (as most have) that Hardy was convicted and is appealing the conviction isn’t accurate. Hardy hasn’t been convicted. He has been found guilty via a preliminary process that essentially serves as a filter for deciding the cases that are decided by a jury."