Panther Fans Enlighten Me

Lukeness Monster

Reaction score
grizbob":17sbacg0 said:
Lukeness Monster":17sbacg0 said:
I just don't understand how you guys think your pedestrian offense is going to put up 20+ points on the second best D playing right now.

You have a very good RB who we've shut down before and probably will again. No discredit to him, but we're very good against the run and power backs generally don't do much against us. Your receiving corps is one of the least intimidating in the NFL. Our secondary is playing exceptionally well right now.

I honestly don't mean this as an insult, but I just don't see where the confidence in the offense comes from outside of Wilson, whom we've seen 3 times in 3 years and are familiar with.

Pick 6 X 2 :roll:

Possible, still doesn't say anything about your offense.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Lukeness Monster":1a5b0gtb said:
Hawk_Nation":1a5b0gtb said:
Dark Pump":1a5b0gtb said:
Hawk_Nation":1a5b0gtb said:
Your boy only has 1/2 sack more than KJ Wright, 7 less tackles, and one less forced fumble. #statsDONTlie

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8429/thomas-davis
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14140/kj-wright

My "boy" is 6 years older and has 3 knee surgeries on one knee and still producing.

:roll: You post on how were going to feel his pain, then back pedal with an excuse in regards to age & surgeries on why we have a guy with better tats..

Don't get me wrong Davis is a stud, but Id still take Bobby & KJ over Luke and him any day of the week

From a talent and production stance I think you're in the minority. The reigning DPOY and an absolute stud at OLB are the best tandem in the league. Your guys are very good in their own right, but 58 and 59 rule the roost.

Rule the roost eh? Interesting. :lol:

idahawks

Reaction score
Polaris":27uy10z0 said:
idahawks":27uy10z0 said:
So you cherry picked all the facts and stats in favor of the hawks and pointed them out the panther fans. Don't get me wrong panthers have a tall order to compete with us this weekend, you make a valid argument. However panther fans know this and know they aren't supposed to win. If they do win it will make posts like this that much sweeter to them. You have just piled up a huge order of crow if we lose. This thread will go crazy with panther fans. I would lay off the smack talk and negative statistics and let the game play out. The time for pointing out their deficiencies is after we win.

I think you are sort of missing the point of the OP's post. Take a tour of Carolina Huddle (for example of some Panther forums), and [as ringless put it], you not only see fans supporting the Panthers and rooting for them to win (completely understandable and expected), but seem to be actively delusional.

It's one thing to say, "Hey, we're a playoff team and we have a puncher's chance". It's another to say, "I like our chances because of X,Y, and Z" when X, Y, and Z are suspect at best and ignoring a host of other factors at worst.

OK I went over to Carolina Huddle and you're right. The level of delusion is astounding. They beat a bunch of patsy's in meaningless games and beat up a downward spiraling az team and they think they are invincible. They've already started a post on who they want to play more Dallas or GB. WTF we haven't even done that. They seem to think if both teams play well the game will be close and they will have a chance.

I understand Panther fans cheering for their team but I have news for you. If both teams play well hawks will win by 14+. If we play well and panther play bad we will win by 24+. If we play bad and Carolina plays well, and they get a couple lucky turn overs, and the refs help them a little, they will win.

In the regular season Carolina beat 1 team with a winning record. That's right 1. And guess what- the AZ team that the panthers got a 11 pt victory over at home- we pummeled the same team by 29 pts on the road.

Carolina likes to throw out their padded stats with their wins over juggernauts like Atlanta, Cincinnati and Tampa bay. I have news for you, you're not in the NFC south anymore. Get ready for a hostile crowd and a defense that's twice as good as when you played us last time and scored 9 pts.

The rams would win the NFC south
31-6 Hawks

Nick81

Reaction score
Lukeness Monster":236l0et3 said:
I just don't understand how you guys think your pedestrian offense is going to put up 20+ points on the second best D playing right now.

You have a very good RB who we've shut down before and probably will again. No discredit to him, but we're very good against the run and power backs generally don't do much against us. Your receiving corps is one of the least intimidating in the NFL. Our secondary is playing exceptionally well right now.

I honestly don't mean this as an insult, but I just don't see where the confidence in the offense comes from outside of Wilson, whom we've seen 3 times in 3 years and are familiar with.

As a Panthers fan myself, I can see exactly where they're getting their confidence, and I don't think it's necessarily from the offensive side of the ball. They have an elite defense, and we have a pretty pedestrian offense ourselves. Elite defense vs. pedestrian offense can easily lead to defensive TD's, or very short fields for their offense. You could potentially say the same about our defense vs. their offense, but they have a bigger advantage in that regard. Not huge, but better none the less. Not only that, but that place is beyond loud, and it's non-stop when their defense is on the field. I think a lot of the Panthers' fans are leaving that important bit of information out. Whether it's because they're just choosing to ignore it, or because they conveniently forgot, I'll never know. It's a big advantage, doesn't matter what anyone outside of Seattle fans think. It can easily stifle the offense completely, especially considering the huge majority of our players that have never experienced it.

Outside of that, our special teams is garbage, and theirs is pretty good. That alone could cost us several points. I'd be pretty confident in them to, if I were a Seattle fan, but I hold that hope of "a puncher's chance," as a Panthers fan.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Nick81":hx8ljh98 said:
Lukeness Monster":hx8ljh98 said:

As a Panthers fan myself, I can see exactly where they're getting their confidence, and I don't think it's necessarily from the offensive side of the ball. They have an elite defense, and we have a pretty pedestrian offense ourselves. Elite defense vs. pedestrian offense can easily lead to defensive TD's, or very short fields for their offense. You could potentially say the same about our defense vs. their offense, but they have a bigger advantage in that regard. Not huge, but better none the less. Not only that, but that place is beyond loud, and it's non-stop when their defense is on the field. I think a lot of the Panthers' fans are leaving that important bit of information out. Whether it's because they're just choosing to ignore it, or because they conveniently forgot, I'll never know. It's a big advantage, doesn't matter what anyone outside of Seattle fans think. It can easily stifle the offense completely, especially considering the huge majority of our players that have never experienced it.

Outside of that, our special teams is garbage, and theirs is pretty good. That alone could cost us several points. I'd be pretty confident in them to, if I were a Seattle fan, but I hold that hope of "a puncher's chance," as a Panthers fan.

Out of all the Pro Panther fans that have been on here this week, this is by far the most honest and realistic evaluation by any of both teams. Only argument is our Special teams has looked like crap at times this year.

vonstout

Reaction score
Lukeness Monster":ct0075sx said:
grizbob":ct0075sx said:
Lukeness Monster":ct0075sx said:

As far as I know defensive points count the same as offensive ones. Call our offense pedestrian. All the mediots did last year before the SB. We did alright in that game!

Nick81

Reaction score
idahawks":3r56c4t3 said:
Polaris":3r56c4t3 said:
idahawks":3r56c4t3 said:
So you cherry picked all the facts and stats in favor of the hawks and pointed them out the panther fans. Don't get me wrong panthers have a tall order to compete with us this weekend, you make a valid argument. However panther fans know this and know they aren't supposed to win. If they do win it will make posts like this that much sweeter to them. You have just piled up a huge order of crow if we lose. This thread will go crazy with panther fans. I would lay off the smack talk and negative statistics and let the game play out. The time for pointing out their deficiencies is after we win.

I think you are sort of missing the point of the OP's post. Take a tour of Carolina Huddle (for example of some Panther forums), and [as ringless put it], you not only see fans supporting the Panthers and rooting for them to win (completely understandable and expected), but seem to be actively delusional.

It's one thing to say, "Hey, we're a playoff team and we have a puncher's chance". It's another to say, "I like our chances because of X,Y, and Z" when X, Y, and Z are suspect at best and ignoring a host of other factors at worst.

OK I went over to Carolina Huddle and you're right. The level of delusion is astounding. They beat a bunch of patsy's in meaningless games and beat up a downward spiraling az team and they think they are invincible. They've already started a post on who they want to play more Dallas or GB. WTF we haven't even done that. They seem to think if both teams play well the game will be close and they will have a chance.

I understand Panther fans cheering for their team but I have news for you. If both teams play well hawks will win by 14+. If we play well and panther play bad we will win by 24+. If we play bad and Carolina plays well, and they get a couple lucky turn overs, and the refs help them a little, they will win.

In the regular season Carolina beat 1 team with a winning record. That's right 1. And guess what- the AZ team that the panthers got a 11 pt victory over at home- we pummeled the same team by 29 pts on the road.

Carolina likes to throw out their padded stats with their wins over juggernauts like Atlanta, Cincinnati and Tampa bay. I have news for you, you're not in the NFC south anymore. Get ready for a hostile crowd and a defense that's twice as good as when you played us last time and scored 9 pts.

The rams would win the NFC south
31-6 Hawks

Don't get so upset Nancy. The Huddlers are a very sarcastic group, and there's a lot of threads like that, so we can have, you know.... fun. I understand sarcasm is pretty difficult to judge on the interwebs, but I think that thread is pretty obvious. Especially considering the guy that started the site, started the thread. He's got a pretty strong grasp of reality, and that kind of thing happens a lot.... helps pass the time with quality entertainment.

Nick81

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3bw626w7 said:
Nick81":3bw626w7 said:
Lukeness Monster":3bw626w7 said:

Out of all the Pro Panther fans that have been on here this week, this is by far the most honest and realistic evaluation by any of both teams. Only argument is our Special teams has looked like crap at times this year.

Have you seen ours? Special has a whole different meaning with that group. I understand what you're saying, but trust me, you have a big advantage there.

We're not coming out to the West coast to lose, but reality, as our old friend John Fox would say, "is what it is." The odds are very much against us, and I think most of the "real" Panthers' fans know that. What they say (read: type) is another story.

Nick81

Reaction score
vonstout":1iru2rjj said:
Lukeness Monster":1iru2rjj said:
grizbob":1iru2rjj said:
Lukeness Monster":1iru2rjj said:

As far as I know defensive points count the same as offensive ones. Call our offense pedestrian. All the mediots did last year before the SB. We did alright in that game!

That avatar tho... :eek:

vonstout

Reaction score
Lukeness Monster":2e2faos1 said:
Hawk_Nation":2e2faos1 said:
Dark Pump":2e2faos1 said:
Hawk_Nation":2e2faos1 said:
Your boy only has 1/2 sack more than KJ Wright, 7 less tackles, and one less forced fumble. #statsDONTlie

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8429/thomas-davis
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14140/kj-wright

My "boy" is 6 years older and has 3 knee surgeries on one knee and still producing.

:roll: You post on how were going to feel his pain, then back pedal with an excuse in regards to age & surgeries on why we have a guy with better tats..

Don't get me wrong Davis is a stud, but Id still take Bobby & KJ over Luke and him any day of the week

From a talent and production stance I think you're in the minority. The reigning DPOY and an absolute stud at OLB are the best tandem in the league. Your guys are very good in their own right, but 58 and 59 rule the roost.

Ruling the NFC south roost isn't saying much. Luke is a stud, but Ridley stared down his receivers on EVERY throw last week. I understand the excitement over your playoff win, but Arizona wasn't a playoff caliber team with the roster they had for that game (or when they played us). Their defense wasn't playing well for the last month either.

I won't be surprised if we don't score a lot this week, but I don't think we'll need to. We'll see.

Polaris

Reaction score
Nick (and other interested Panther fans),

It may be true that on paper, the Seahawks offense seems pedestrian (actually if you go by DVOA Seattle's offense is significantly better than pedestrian), but there is one stat about Seattle's offense that leaps off the page:

Seattle does NOT turn the ball over. That is the real reason while Seattle still has a +9 turnover margin (#2 in the NFL) while having significantly less defensive turnovers than last year.

This is what Arizona discovered about us to their sorrow. The Cards had been living all year on what amounts to fumble luck and opponent mistakes (and Carolina very nearly gave Arizona that wildcard game....had Palmer been QB, you would have). When they played Seattle, they ran into a team that didn't make the mistakes the Cards needed to win...and the rest is history.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Lukeness Monster":19ars8ip said:

You mean the offense that ranked 9th in offense, seven spots ahead of Carolina? The offense ranked 10th in scoring, 9 spots ahead of Carolina? All the while playing the toughest schedule in the league against the best Defenses in the league.

If the Seahawk O is in trouble than your O is in terible terrible danger

Chawks1

Reaction score
Smellyman":uvs9lig6 said:
Lukeness Monster":uvs9lig6 said:

You mean the offense that ranked 9th in offense, seven spots ahead of Carolina? The offense ranked 10th in scoring, 9 spots ahead of Carolina? All the while playing the toughest schedule in the league against the best Defenses in the league.

If the Seahawk O is in trouble than your O is in terible terrible danger

Yes, I think he means that offense. The same team that is #1 in Toxic Differential. Our game is built for big plays and avoiding the turnovers. I predict RW will have a few key plays where Carolina says WTH??? I also predict Lynch won't be shutdown this time around. Home sweet home and on prime time!

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":24bzwrjh said:
Erebus":24bzwrjh said:
What do you want them to enlighten you about? I didn't see a question in your post.

Me either.

If only there were some kind of IQ minimum for using the internet...

Once you're south of the Mason-Dixon Line, the temperatures match the IQ's...

chris98251

Reaction score
Panthers are hoping for a Buster Douglas moment. they have spent most the season competing on a Lennox Lewis level of opposition.

Treefiddy

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":k0yeyyda said:
So I'm guessing the Percy Harvin trade as the players were boarding the plane to go to STL, IR designations to Miller, Coleman, Mebane, Hill, Unger out for 10 weeks to along with the media saying our QB not being "black enough" wouldn't affect us either?

Hmm.

I guess the Niners & Cardinals weren't trying hard when they played us either? I understand where you are coming from, I'm a Hawks homer myself but your points seem like utter rambling that makes no real sense.
After being on alot of their boards today, you'd think we have no shot. Carolina fans are going full blown delusional. They already have threads talking about the next game like we are 7-8 instead of them. LOL

Hawkpower

Reaction score
since when is a top 10 offense in the NFL "pedestrian" ?? LOL Besides, our offense only needs to score about 14 to win. Maybe less.

These Panther fans need to quit listening to mediots to form their ill advised opinions.

No wonder they think they have a great chance Saturday

FearTheBlitz

Reaction score
If that stinky fog comes during the game. The Panthers might not have a chance to win at all. What city has smelly fog? Sorry had to ask lol. :187734: