Panthers Release Boykin

2_0_6

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":2mlr12ee said:
SmokinHawk":2mlr12ee said:
Won't make a lick of difference with a mediocre head case at the QB spot.

you misspelled MVP

Oh we know how MVP is spelled, since he wrote it on his gold cleats during the playoffs.

F0BpSX2

How did that work out for you guys in the end? Oh wait...

GpCXJBV

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3h8vwq22 said:
Yeah I dont see the comparisons outside:

one year contract

and

defense

This is pretty simple.

Is it true or false that when Bennett signed with the Hawks as a FA it was toward the back of the market and he signed a one year bargain deal?

Yes or no?

There's no need to equivocate or add in other clauses after the fact as they would be off-topic. Those are the three conditions Hawk_Nation specified, and the three under which I then made the comparison.

TBF that you guys are objecting to Bennett but not Crabtree (who on the clauses you might want to include after the fact is more similar to Bennnett than Boykin) gives us some info too.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ If you're trying to claim that as a Hawks fan you're not even a little bit sour that the Div Round game with the Panthers was basically over within three minutes of it starting* you're basically claiming to not be a sports fan. Ain't nobody buying that.

* (If you're a big enough fan of the team you root for you might even still be lying to yourself about this. ;) )

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2bm780ps said:
Uncle Si":2bm780ps said:

one year contract

and

defense

This is pretty simple.

Is it true or false that when Bennett signed with the Hawks as a FA it was toward the back of the market and he signed a one year bargain deal?

Yes or no?

There's no need to equivocate or add in other clauses after the fact as they would be off-topic. Those are the three conditions Hawk_Nation specified, and the three under which I then made the comparison.

TBF that you guys are objecting to Bennett but not Crabtree (who on the clauses you might want to include after the fact is more similar to Bennnett than Boykin) gives us some info too.

Ton of assumption made there to better suit your argument. Here's Hawk_nation's quote: there is a reason why nobody took a flier on him earlier, and he settles for a one year bargain deal.

You implied 3 clauses. Hawk nation only states he took a one year bargain deal. Where are the others specified in that very brief comment? That he's an FA? OK. Bit obvious isn't it? Bargain? That could be argued. To be that generalized, every one year deal is essentially the same?

If you are unwilling or unable to see the significant differences between Bennett and Boykins than I'm going to have to assume the conversation is more agenda driven on your part.

I understand its a cute tactic to slide into the .net conversations and try and pick apart the home fan's posts. But also understand you're not lifting the veil on this place. Don't fool yourself into thinking your turning the mirror. It's a bit hypocritical, given you're essentially driven by the same device.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
panthers22.jpg

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1qir9l1l said:
^^^ If you're trying to claim that as a Hawks fan you're not even a little bit sour that the Div Round game with the Panthers was basically over within three minutes of it starting* you're basically claiming to not be a sports fan. Ain't nobody buying that.

* (If you're a big enough fan of the team you root for you might even still be lying to yourself about this. ;) )

Actually I doubt most people still care about that, since last season is over and 31 teams fans are now unhappy (including the Panthers) and moving onto next season.

Maybe if you were talking about the '14 Superbowl you'd have a point, but losing a divisional round playoff game isn't the end of the world. I'm sure Panthers fans can commiserate with the feeling of losing a SB. Which is likely why Cary Kollins is on this board plumping up his team and his whiny QB.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Meh, SB 49 still stings.

That pumping the Hawks took in the playoffs from the Panthers, or their tight win in Seattle matters about as much now as that Deangelo Williams redzone fumble in Carolina or the Cam to Kam pick 6 in the playoffs. Which is to say that it doesn't matter.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
kobebryant":3pd81k3n said:
Meh, SB 49 still stings.

That pumping the Hawks took in the playoffs from the Panthers, or their tight win in Seattle matters about as much now as that Deangelo Williams redzone fumble in Carolina or the Cam to Kam pick 6 in the playoffs. Which is to say that it doesn't matter.

I agree here.

This is the futility and attraction to sports fandom. You're only as good as your last game, but also as good as every game you won and lost prior to it.

Its so easy to pick and choose what's important and what isn't to suit your fandom.

that said, the Panther-Cardinal-Seahawk rivalry will be a fun one the next few years

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Uncle Si":300uqzog said:
kobebryant":300uqzog said:
Meh, SB 49 still stings.

I agree here.

This is the futility and attraction to sports fandom. You're only as good as your last game, but also as good as every game you won and lost prior to it.

Its so easy to pick and choose what's important and what isn't to suit your fandom.

that said, the Panther-Cardinal-Seahawk rivalry will be a fun one the next few years
I think the Cards fall off beginning with the next Palmer injury which will probably be his last. I say likely it happens this coming season. Panthers ain't goin' anywhere though and neither are the Hawks.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
ctrcat":1ba589h7 said:
Cary Kollins":1ba589h7 said:
UK_Seahawk":1ba589h7 said:
TheRealDTM":1ba589h7 said:
when do the panthers get massacred by the cap like we did?

When they have to pay their incredibly average CB 16m a year?

Panthers aren't going to pay Norman 16m per year. If they were, he'd be signed long term by now.

By the way this is true. He is born and raised in the Carolinas and he either takes a hometown discount or he walks next year. Should he equal or surpass his 1st team All-Pro play of 2015, then a second tag may be an option, and, at that point, he'd be 30 years old. He's simply not getting that kind of money on a long term deal with the Panthers.

Yeah that $14m franchise tag hometown discount.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":y44bz9w7 said:
Uncle Si":y44bz9w7 said:
kobebryant":y44bz9w7 said:
Meh, SB 49 still stings.

I agree here.

I think the Cards fall off beginning with the next Palmer injury which will probably be his last. I say likely it happens this coming season. Panthers ain't goin' anywhere though and neither are the Hawks.

True. And maybe not even an injury. Palmer may just be getting closer to being done.

Who picks up that place? Vikings?

kobebryant

Reaction score
Vikings are a good bet, but I feel though Teddy has a fairly solid floor his ceiling isn't enough to hang with Russ, Cam and Rodgers.

I wouldn't put it past Arians to find a really nice long-term solution at QB, but if Palmer isn't physically broken he may be mentally broken given his utter stank playoff performances this past season.

It's Sea,Car and I think TT will eventually put a better roster around Rodgers.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1l2otyvm said:
Popeyejones":1l2otyvm said:
Uncle Si":1l2otyvm said:
one year contract
and
defense

This is pretty simple.

Yes or no?

Ton of assumption made there to better suit your argument. Here's Hawk_nation's quote: there is a reason why nobody took a flier on him earlier, and he settles for a one year bargain deal.

You implied 3 clauses. Hawk nation only states he took a one year bargain deal. Where are the others specified in that very brief comment? That he's an FA? OK. Bit obvious isn't it? Bargain? That could be argued. To be that generalized, every one year deal is essentially the same?

If you are unwilling or unable to see the significant differences between Bennett and Boykins than I'm going to have to assume the conversation is more agenda driven on your part.

I understand its a cute tactic to slide into the .net conversations and try and pick apart the home fan's posts. But also understand you're not lifting the veil on this place. Don't fool yourself into thinking your turning the mirror. It's a bit hypocritical, given you're essentially driven by the same device.

This is remarkably uncomplicated and your post is the type of garden variety equivocation that I suggested you not lean on to get out of answering a "yes" or "no" question.

The statement contained precisely three clauses, which are as follows, as now numbered and embedded in the full statement.

"there is a reason why nobody took a flier":

1) "on him earlier" (read: he did not go at the top of the FA market)

"and he settles for a"

2) "one year" (read: a single year contract)

3) "bargain deal." (read: below his initially assumed value).

Recall that this is the precise statement I responded to.

if there is one of these clauses that Michael Bennett's move from the Bucs to the Seahawks does not satisfy, you would have already said so rather than just equivocating about nonsense.

In turn, that you think I'd even remotely care about you flailing around with empty, rhetorical personal insults as a further way to obfuscate your lack of argument just reflects poorly on you. I'm complete unmoved by it bro-bro. :th2thumbs:

Again, if you want to argue with a straight face that Bennett doesn't satsfy one of those clauses just say so, but waving your arms around a lot and hoping nobody notices is a waste of time.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kobebryant":fk1nr562 said:
Vikings are a good bet, but I feel though Teddy has a fairly solid floor his ceiling isn't enough to hang with Russ, Cam and Rodgers.

I wouldn't put it past Arians to find a really nice long-term solution at QB, but if Palmer isn't physically broken he may be mentally broken given his utter stank playoff performances this past season.

It's Sea,Car and I think TT will eventually put a better roster around Rodgers.
I could see this with GB for sure. May even classify it as 'likely'. As for Arians, if he finds a quality, long term QB when drafting in the 20s then he'll deserve all those awards he gets. I'm very skeptical. And agree with you as it concerns Vikes. Just don't see Teddy ever getting them over the hump.