Pathetic showing. Owned by Case Keenum.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Rob12":4zhjioza said:
Crizilla":4zhjioza said:
defense is fine. Offense is bad. Refs were bad. Just one of those games.

Case Keenum picked the defense apart today. His numbers weren't eye popping but he was efficient and made the defense pay with multiple big plays.
He did that with an ineffective Todd Gurley.

I'm not a sky is falling type of fan. But today is cause for concern for me. A good or elite QB would have thrown for 400+ today.

He made some good plays most quarteebacks play better at home. Defense was fine , nine points on the road? I will take that every week.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
uncle fester":6epcdjej said:
Rams have had Pete's number for a while now. I don't understand the outrage.

I generally don't enjoy my team looking like poop. It's a pretty normal reaction.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Rob12":5gcq5aca said:
Smellyman":5gcq5aca said:
Keenum owned nothing LOL

Owned was the wrong word.

But letting Keenum complete over 60 percent of his passes for 240 isn't exactly ideal.

I know the defense wasn't the problem today but I really thought they would have feasted on Keenum.

But like Northwest said, it wouldn't have mattered when the offense only puts up 3 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its hard to feast on a quarterback playing with a lead. Very few situations where the Rams had to pass. They played a pretty conservative game out of respect for our defense.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
fenderbender123":e01ql2vn said:
It's never just their defense that plays well against us, it's their offense too. I remember Keller Clemons playing well against our defense a couple years ago.

We beat them that game. Goal line stand on the very last play in Saint Louis.

dogorama

Reaction score
The funny thing is, I didn't even have a drink today, usually I would be well on my way to a two-day hangover with a game like this. I guess it's because even though I had better expectations, I am not surprised.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Our defense played lights out. I'll take 3 FGs all day.

We just don't have the right offense for our personnel. If Chip Kelly or Josh McDaniels was our offensive coordinator we would have easily put up 20+ on this squad. Look what New England did to Miami today with Garrapalo. The same Miami squad that held us to 10 pts.

drewba

Reaction score
Agreed that at the end of the day, the defense did their job. Allowing 9 points should be plenty sufficient to win a game.

That being said, the defense could do more to help the offense. Zero turnovers through 2 games with very little pressure on the opposing QB. The Rams had multiple good drives today, even if many/most of them ended in punts. As a result, the offense never started a drive with good field position. It is hard to drive 40+ yards just to get into field goal range in the NFL, let alone with a gimpy QB and porous offensive line. The defense forcing a quick 3 and out, or even better, a turnover, would help greatly.

The offense has to be better, but starting a few drives at midfield or inside the opponent's territory would help a lot.

FYI, Seahawks are tied for worst through two games in terms of starting possessions inside their own 20: http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-drives-starting-in-own-20-statistics/2016/

hawks85

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":2i0jmkcj said:
Lost three in a row to the Rams. Let that sink in for a minute.
something isn't right the rams got shut out last week and got there asses handed to them by the niners who in return got there asses handed to them today the cards. san fran scores 28 against them we barely made a field goal. the niners are not that good, let that sink in for a minute.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
hawks85":z9v73nau said:
Hawk Strap":z9v73nau said:
Lost three in a row to the Rams. Let that sink in for a minute.
something isn't right the rams got shut out last week and got there asses handed to them by the niners who in return got there asses handed to them today the cards. san fran scores 28 against them we barely made a field goal. the niners are not that good, let that sink in for a minute.

This is the NFL the transitive property means nothing. The Raiders beat the Broncos last year. Under your logic are the Raiders super bowl champs?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":db7fozmj said:
Rob12":db7fozmj said:
Crizilla":db7fozmj said:
defense is fine. Offense is bad. Refs were bad. Just one of those games.

Case Keenum picked the defense apart today. His numbers weren't eye popping but he was efficient and made the defense pay with multiple big plays.
He did that with an ineffective Todd Gurley.

I'm not a sky is falling type of fan. But today is cause for concern for me. A good or elite QB would have thrown for 400+ today.

Shead didn't look great but if your defense gives up 9 points every team would take that all day every day. We were outcoached AGAIN. Pete and Bevell cannot game plan effectively against the rams d-line

So Cable has no responsibility for his share of the inept O-Line play?

minormillikin

Reaction score
We need to force some turnovers. The defense played a fine "bend, don't break" type of game that has been working for years. It's the turnovers that are missing.

One recovered fumble or pick early in the game giving the offense a short field and it flips the game a totally different direction.

It used to be that I was excited when the defense came on the field, because that's when the magic happened. Teams would start to march up the field but then get totally demoralized by an LOB interception or a forced fumble. Currently, the defense is good/excellent. But it's not making the big momentum-changing plays that so much of the Seahawks recent success has been built on.