Patrick Peterson gets paid

titan3131

Reaction score
technically Sherman started the twitter fire today by retweeting this

"Cody Swartz
‏@cbswartz5
Richard Sherman and Patrick Peterson combined to allow 8 touchdown passes in 2013. Peterson gave up seven of those."

LOLOLOLOL

stupid ty hilton

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":usnskrqm said:
He signs a 70 million dollar deal, and has to tweet at Sherman?

Damn, Sherman is in that guys head. :D
He's just pissed that not everybody buys into his BS about being better. Sherman's #1 WR man coverage stats smoke Peterson's so PP tries to explain it away via scheme differences and such.

He's so angry. I love it.

Throwdown

Reaction score
titan3131":f729tdak said:

"Cody Swartz
‏@cbswartz5
Richard Sherman and Patrick Peterson combined to allow 8 touchdown passes in 2013. Peterson gave up seven of those."

LOLOLOLOL

stupid ty hilton

I think it was the dude from Minnesota that gave Sherm his only TD, hit him with a nice double move n all that.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Throwdown":1knnxlib said:
titan3131":1knnxlib said:

"Cody Swartz
‏@cbswartz5

LOLOLOLOL

stupid ty hilton

I think it was the dude from Minnesota that gave Sherm his only TD, hit him with a nice double move n all that.

Yeah, pretty sure it was Jairus Wright. I think only one of Wright's TD's from that game was against Sherm.

His statline actually looked like this from the game...

Rec. - 3
Targ. - 4
Yards - 69
Avg. - 23
Long - 38
TD's - 2

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I guess if they project him to be the best corner in the league going forward, the deal makes sense to some degree.

Darrelle Revis must love this because once he proves to be at worst a top-two corner in the league this year, he might get 50M+ guaranteed next year.

ASuperForce

Reaction score
Nothing confounds me more than the hype surrounding this guy (Andrew Luck seems vastly underrated, by comparison). It's like the hype became so pervasive that everybody around the league eventually took it as reality. But heck, if the Cards want to commit that much to still untapped potential, then that's great for us. Maybe it will work out for them and he will eventually realize his full potential.

General Manager

Reaction score
Sherman 14mill a year , PP 14.1 according to Softy on KJR950 so the difference is negligible .

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Yea I don't expect that this deal will cause Sherman to suddenly feel disrespected by the hawk FO.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Sherms 14 got Peterson his .1 I think the bling is worth the 100k. that and winning.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Interesting read from PFT on the differences between Sherman, Peterson, and Haden contracts.

All three deals were strong; whether one guy or another got the “best” deal resides in the eye of the beholder, as influenced by the specific factors considered.

Peterson got the most in “new money,” thanks to another $50,000 added to the final-year base salary that pushes the average from $14 million (which Sherman got) to $14.01 million. Haden’s deal averages $13.5 million in new money.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... omparable/