Percy Harvin NOT playing against 49ers (Updated Friday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

13thMan

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1ygufywg said:
Crap.............not good for our offense.

Makes things considerably easier/more comfortable for the Niners D.... that's for sure.

scakfan

Reaction score
OH well just icing on the cake! Just think of having a healthy deep threat available for the SB.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
surprised?

no

We did fine without him, I am bumming that we have one less roster spot for a playoff game we could use one additional player in though.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I saw a tweet by Bob Condotta (I believe) that it was stated that Percy would be expected to practice and go 'if there is another game.' So.

Incredibly frustrating. I feel bad for Percy. I know he's filthy rich and all, but a year of struggling through injuries has got to be soul-crushing.

Rufus

Reaction score
Axx":3awhnkjt said:
Looks like the hawks arnt gonna get a single first down right?

[youtube]np9tBI7_nq8[/youtube]

OP
OP
Shock2k

Shock2k

Reaction score
Anyone notice that Pete said, "But he (harvin) will be back next week..."

Pete slipped, and I love it.

13thMan

Reaction score
DrDix":nyy3bi92 said:
Made of glass. Garbage trade.

This. I hated it since the first minute. Dude got paid like $250k per snap this year!

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
DrDix":21ll4lvr said:
Made of glass. Garbage trade.

Not true. How about you go out and take those two shots he took, then we will examine you versus Percy. I am willing to bet he is in much better shape than you would be in.

Why is it so easy for people to crucify a guy like Percy, when the fact of the matter is clearly unrelated to his hip or previous injuries that have kept him out of games.

When we win this weekend, I hope everyone here is in his corner come Super Bowl time.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":3gkchnb0 said:
Sean Payton needs to be out of organized football. Period.

Did anyone catch the vicious elbow Humber(sp) threw on Farwell? It did cost them 15yds, but it was totally uncalled for. Heath was just standing around the pile after a kickoff and the dude knocked him straight on his ass.

They were definantly head hunting and out to hurt people.

The Saints are now my least liked organization.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think we can all agree that from a pure scouting standpoint, the trade and contract for Harvin was a homerun. In his limited snaps, he has looked like the unbelievable weapon that Pete and John thought he would be. The injury issue is tougher to forecast, so I have a hard time holding that against them.

On paper, this transaction is still better than handing a fat contract to guys like Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings. Even when healthy, they're not affecting the game in the same way that Harvin can.

DrDix

Reaction score
I don't care what hits. You don't give up draft picks, including a first for ANYONE who gets injured this easily. First game back, his hip flares up. Second game back, injured AGAIN. Think about the players that could be helping this team, instead of an injury prone WR who now has a concussion. Not any simple injury, a concussion. AWFUL trade.

hannibalking

Reaction score
I would have a pretty good chuckle if we made it to the Superbowl and Harvin was MVP of the game.

hawk45

Reaction score
Ugh, what a shot to the gut, although thankfully our guts absorbed most of the damage during the Saints game, as we knew 2 concussions in 1 game meant his return was questionable.

Can't complain about Harvin himself, he took 2 vicious head shots and those bounces off the turf with the head are ones I've seen wreck a few guys this year. Just frustrating. And cements my rooting against the Saints from now on. No accident both our WRs get knocked loopy that game.

Well our passing offense is likely back to being able to help us mount 2, maybe 3 drives a game, and us being able to capitalize on short fields 1 time out of 5 (if we get short fields). We can win that way, but it's a lot scarier.

The Niners are run-stuffers with a secondary that can be had, I think our success rests on having a game plan that acknowledges this and skews just a bit more towards passing than it has of late. I have a bad feeling about a game plan that is essentially our "road game plan" which consists of running all game and then expecting Russell to save our bacon after spending all game afraid to throw the ball for fear of turnover.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1qjf5rwk said:
I think we can all agree that from a pure scouting standpoint, the trade and contract for Harvin was a homerun. In his limited snaps, he has looked like the unbelievable weapon that Pete and John thought he would be. The injury issue is tougher to forecast, so I have a hard time holding that against them.

On paper, this transaction is still better than handing a fat contract to guys like Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings. Even when healthy, they're not affecting the game in the same way that Harvin can.

Totally fair point...but at some point it has consistently happen on the field or the trade will go down as an all-time worst. Hopefully it starts in the superbowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.