Percy Harvin NOT playing against 49ers (Updated Friday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCrow

Reaction score
The hottest of #HOTSPORTSTAKES are absolutely flying here today.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
DrDix":221bcllq said:
I don't care what hits.

??? His brain should just nut up and not get a concussion after taking two shots - one of which received a fine - to the head?

It's a damn brain injury, cut the guy some slack.

General Manager

Reaction score
Trade was a bust and lets not get this twisted we needed him this year I don't give a rip about next year right now. To those that hated this trade you were right. I never expected it to play out this way on the other hand there were some red flags with Harvin and they were ignored.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
DrDix":2giptn0k said:
I don't care what hits. You don't give up draft picks, including a first for ANYONE who gets injured this easily. First game back, his hip flares up. Second game back, injured AGAIN. Think about the players that could be helping this team, instead of an injury prone WR who now has a concussion. Not any simple injury, a concussion. AWFUL trade.

Opposing team intentionally harms player. Fan blames player for getting hurt.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
hannibalking":39ko8511 said:
I would have a pretty good chuckle if we made it to the Superbowl and Harvin was MVP of the game.

That is precisely the karma Percy Harvin has waiting for him. Fans across the league (sadly including our very own) have done nothing but hate on this guy. When he is SB MVP I hope he tells them all where to shove it.

General Manager

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":ag4xqhcz said:
DavidSeven":ag4xqhcz said:
I think we can all agree that from a pure scouting standpoint, the trade and contract for Harvin was a homerun. In his limited snaps, he has looked like the unbelievable weapon that Pete and John thought he would be. The injury issue is tougher to forecast, so I have a hard time holding that against them.

On paper, this transaction is still better than handing a fat contract to guys like Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings. Even when healthy, they're not affecting the game in the same way that Harvin can.

Totally fair point...but at some point it has consistently happen on the field or the trade will go down as an all-time worst. Hopefully it starts in the superbowl.

Hopefully.

Polaris

Reaction score
General Manager":1w1e6x6h said:
Trade was a bust and lets not get this twisted we needed him this year I don't give a rip about next year right now. To those that hated this trade you were right. I never expected it to play out this way on the other hand there were some red flags with Harvin and they were ignored.

We don't know if the trade was a bust. This year? Sure, but Harvin is going to be around this team a long time. If he shows week in and week out the same impact he showed flashes of in the Minn and playoff game vs NO, then he's worth it.

Time will tell. Let's not forget that we will have him back for the Superbowl (he'll start practicing next week).

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Absurd to call into question Harvin's toughness over the concussion.

Moreover, I am almost certain the administration knew about his hip but still went through with the trade considering Harvin is turning 26 in 2014. I repeat - he will be 26 in 2014. Very young still. We'll be praising this move in 2020.

At the end of the day - we won 12.5 games without him this year and we have basically everyone from the first game minus Sidney Rice.

Let's nut up.

13thMan

Reaction score
hawk45":35pzemvp said:
Ugh, what a shot to the gut, although thankfully our guts absorbed most of the damage during the Saints game, as we knew 2 concussions in 1 game meant his return was questionable.

Can't complain about Harvin himself, he took 2 vicious head shots and those bounces off the turf with the head are ones I've seen wreck a few guys this year. Just frustrating. And cements my rooting against the Saints from now on. No accident both our WRs get knocked loopy that game.

Well our passing offense is likely back to being able to help us mount 2, maybe 3 drives a game, and us being able to capitalize on short fields 1 time out of 5 (if we get short fields). We can win that way, but it's a lot scarier.

The Niners are run-stuffers with a secondary that can be had, I think our success rests on having a game plan that acknowledges this and skews just a bit more towards passing than it has of late. I have a bad feeling about a game plan that is essentially our "road game plan" which consists of running all game and then expecting Russell to save our bacon after spending all game afraid to throw the ball for fear of turnover.

All solid points, I would agree. This becomes a real challenge though the air now obviously. If we can't run the ball......

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
13thMan":3qsdl9re said:
DrDix":3qsdl9re said:
Made of glass. Garbage trade.

This. I hated it since the first minute. Dude got paid like $250k per snap this year!

BS. If he was out because he had re-injured the hip, or rolled an ankle, or had pulled his hamstring then you have an argument. But he didn't. He was trucked in the head by a guy going full speed.

The ONLY thing he could have done to prevent this would have been to cover up and protect himself instead of trying to make a play on the ball.

RussellMania

Reaction score
Disappointed, but glad they're doing what's best for his health. Back in the day he probably would have finished out the game! Glad those days are over.

DrDix

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2fuqlodg said:
DrDix":2fuqlodg said:
I don't care what hits.

??? His brain should just nut up and not get a concussion after taking two shots - one of which received a fine - to the head?

It's a damn brain injury, cut the guy some slack.

Well you could read the rest of my post, which clearly shows my concern for his concussion.

Or just interject wherever.

G-Money

Reaction score
Ironic that the 1st rounder we gave Minnesota for Harvin ends up being WR Cordarrelle Patterson. Turns out being the EXACT player we were hoping to get with Harvin. All Pro kick returner his first season, and a dual threat........rushing and receiving (and without the lucrative contract we gave Percy). Makes my stomach hurt....

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
DrDix":49vr9yx4 said:
I don't care what hits. You don't give up draft picks, including a first for ANYONE who gets injured this easily. First game back, his hip flares up. Second game back, injured AGAIN. Think about the players that could be helping this team, instead of an injury prone WR who now has a concussion. Not any simple injury, a concussion. AWFUL trade.

This is just ignorance. That is all this is.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Doctor's call, NOT the player or Pete. Hate all you want, he's not playing because he was headhunted. Total b.s.

General Manager

Reaction score
Polaris":2xyhd9i6 said:
General Manager":2xyhd9i6 said:

We don't know if the trade was a bust. This year? Sure, but Harvin is going to be around this team a long time. If he shows week in and week out the same impact he showed flashes of in the Minn and playoff game vs NO, then he's worth it.

Time will tell. Let's not forget that we will have him back for the Superbowl (he'll start practicing next week).

If we win the SuperBowl and Harvin has plays in it that changes everything yes . As for this moment in time I'd rather have the draft pick.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
It would be wonderful to have Patterson on special teams, but let's be real, he isn't half the all-around player that Harvin is. Not even close. You can make that dude disappear on offense, just as most defenses did throughout the year.

Canuck49

Reaction score
You gotta think the first team to 20 wins. If either team gets to 20 that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.