Percy Harvin NOT playing against 49ers (Updated Friday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDix

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":17ozotd9 said:
DrDix":17ozotd9 said:
I don't care what hits. You don't give up draft picks, including a first for ANYONE who gets injured this easily. First game back, his hip flares up. Second game back, injured AGAIN. Think about the players that could be helping this team, instead of an injury prone WR who now has a concussion. Not any simple injury, a concussion. AWFUL trade.

This is just ignorance. That is all this is.

Right, my opinion on the trade is ignorance! Nice!

hannibalking

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":200rawxk said:
13thMan":200rawxk said:
DrDix":200rawxk said:
Made of glass. Garbage trade.

This. I hated it since the first minute. Dude got paid like $250k per snap this year!

BS. If he was out because he had re-injured the hip, or rolled an ankle, or had pulled his hamstring then you have an argument. But he didn't. He was trucked in the head by a guy going full speed.

The ONLY thing he could have done to prevent this would have been to cover up and protect himself instead of trying to make a play on the ball.

I could imagine that happening. Irate Seahawks fan: "What a crap trade. Harvin is too concerned about himself than actually making a play for the damn ball. Man just doesn't have that drive to win and is too soft for the NFL."

lsheldon

Reaction score
I won't call Harvin's trade a bust until we see what happens next year. The cap hit from his salary this year is fairly small at 4.9 Million (2.5 base + 2.4 bonus) compared to what it will be next year at 13.4 Million (11 base + 2.4 bonus). If he is healthy and plays well next year, then I would consider it a successful trade. If next year is anything like this year then someone has some explaining to do and a decision to make.

seadoc30

Reaction score
If only Wilson accepts he isn't a pocket passer and starts doing what made him famous and successful, which is to use his dame LEGS!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
DrDix":34ekdgn1 said:
I don't care what hits. You don't give up draft picks, including a first for ANYONE who gets injured this easily. First game back, his hip flares up. Second game back, injured AGAIN. Think about the players that could be helping this team, instead of an injury prone WR who now has a concussion. Not any simple injury, a concussion. AWFUL trade.

He took TWO cheap shots to the head.. wtf do you expect?

General Manager

Reaction score
lsheldon":1ov9sfkj said:
I won't call Harvin's trade a bust until we see what happens next year. The cap hit from his salary this year is fairly small at 4.9 Million (2.5 base + 2.4 bonus) compared to what it will be next year at 13.4 Million (11 base + 2.4 bonus). If he is healthy and plays well next year, then I would consider it a successful trade. If next year is anything like this year then someone has some explaining to do and a decision to make.

We have the team to win it now this year next year means nothing. We can play these games all day but as of right now this trade was a mistake.

49ers

Reaction score
Chris Carter was on ESPN talking about how catching the football without getting injured is an art form, and Percy constantly puts himself in bad situations. He referenced the same 2 plays that Percy got hit in, then showed similar scenarios with other WRs in the NFL and how they avoided the contact. Percy doesn't seem to possess those skills yet, and he better if he wants a long NFL life. That dude is talented as all get-out, and I was really worried about him on Sunday.

el capitan

Reaction score
G-Money":hug73qu3 said:
Ironic that the 1st rounder we gave Minnesota for Harvin ends up being WR Cordarrelle Patterson. Turns out being the EXACT player we were hoping to get with Harvin. All Pro kick returner is first season, and a dual threat........rushing and receiving (and without the lucrative contract we gave Percy). Makes my stomach hurt....

Wrong. The actual pick we gave the Vikings for Harvin was used on Xavier Rhodes. They used a pick acquired from New England to draft Patterson.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
49ers":236rqf1o said:
Chris Carter was on ESPN talking about how catching the football without getting injured is an art form, and Percy constantly puts himself in bad situations. He referenced the same 2 plays that Percy got hit in, then showed similar scenarios with other WRs in the NFL and how they avoided the contact. Percy doesn't seem to possess those skills yet, and he better if he wants a long NFL life. That dude is talented as all get-out, and I was really worried about him on Sunday.

Which is utterly ridiculous.

Bush aimed his shoulder directly at his head. The only way Percy avoids contact would be avoiding the pass altogether.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
el capitan":36tl2hjc said:
G-Money":36tl2hjc said:
Ironic that the 1st rounder we gave Minnesota for Harvin ends up being WR Cordarrelle Patterson. Turns out being the EXACT player we were hoping to get with Harvin. All Pro kick returner is first season, and a dual threat........rushing and receiving (and without the lucrative contract we gave Percy). Makes my stomach hurt....

Wrong. The actual pick we gave the Vikings for Harvin was used on Xavier Rhodes. They used a pick acquired from New England to draft Patterson.

Well done.

Had the person that posted this relied on facts (rather than some random fan post in the aether of the internet) they would have known this.

Seriously... /facepalm.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hindsight is 20/20.

If he makes a play in the SuperB Owl that gets us the win, I don't care what he cost us.

Go back and look at Holmgren's/Farve's/Green Bay's Superbowl, MH said they never would have won it without Desmond Howard.

The jury is still out.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Tate, Baldwin, Miller (and maybe Willson?) are going to have to make big time plays. Simple as that.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
So basically, we are playing with the same team that was beating the 9ers in San Fran with a couple minutes left about a month ago. Ill take it.

But you know...we have no chance.

G-Money

Reaction score
el capitan":o0jllqnr said:
G-Money":o0jllqnr said:

Ooops........my bad. Apologies.

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
And the winner is...

ivotuk":hmkdff8w said:
Hindsight is 20/20.

If he makes a play in the SuperB Owl that gets us the win, I don't care what he cost us.

Go back and look at Holmgren's/Farve's/Green Bay's Superbowl, MH said they never would have won it without Desmond Howard.

The jury is still out.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
I presume most everybody here has played blackjack sometime along the way? Perhaps an example from the gambling world might be illustrative here.

Let's say you've got a 14 and the dealer's showing a 6. You decide to hit, get a 7 for 21 and a win. Was the decision to hit a good decision? NO. It was a poor decision that had a good result. Critical difference. Conversely, let's say you've got 9 and dealer's showing a 5. You decide to stay, because the dealer's probably going to bust. Dealer turns up an 8 in the whole for 13, hits with a a 3 for 16 and then busts with a facecard for another win for the player. Excellent result, but TERRIBLE decision to stay regardless of the favorable outcome.

When outside factors (randomness in the deck, or say, headhunting by the opposition) strongly influence eventual results, you cannot use those results as the sole criteria for evaluating the initial decision.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Blitzer just lit himself on fire...

Maybe Sherm gets some snaps at receiver after all lol. j/k

Status
Not open for further replies.