Percy Harvin the difference maker

Omaha

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":38fq9mcs said:
Because if Percy is on the field, a safety WILL cheat towards him, he will be the guy drawing the double coverage out of respect for his ability to go 60yds in a flash with the ball in his hands. NO cheated towards Percy and it opened Marshawn Lynch for his first TD, and that was on a running play...
I am impressed that you can read into the mind of the Denver safeties in the future.

Harvin wont get special treatment until he earns it. Any WR matched to a slower CB will likely get safety help but that doesnt make him a decoy. Unless seahawks are playing against saints on Sunday, I dont see how what the saints safety did is relevant.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
In the 40 years that I have watched football, Harvin is the most explosive player I have ever seen with pads on. Guys can have great 40 times and track speed, but how they run in pads is different.

I have never seen the combination of quickness, speed, dexterity, elusiveness and physicality on ANY player that Harvin possesses. Barry Sanders had some of that, but he could be caught from behind. There have been a plethora of WRs with deep speed too, but the combination Harvin uses is ridiculous.

It is my opinion that the Hawks are going to embarrass the Denver defense one way or another. After the physical hammer defensive games the Hawks have played, when Seattle gets things going it will be nothing more than fun to them.

Harvin has heard the doubters all season long. He has the opportunity to be a huge factor in the only game standing between him and a Super Bowl ring. There is no question that he is going to bring it on the biggest stage the World has to offer. In one game he can erase the entire year of doubt. His impact will be felt.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":1zp0md8i said:
DavidSeven":1zp0md8i said:
I don't really buy the decoy argument either, and I can guarantee you that's not how Carroll plans to use him. Denver's defense isn't going to adjust until they see Harvin make a play. After he makes a play, however, his mere presence does make a difference. We saw it in both games he played this season. Against Minnesota, after Harvin caught a pass and drew a PI, the safeties overcompensated on his routes and left the receiver next to him (Baldwin) with pure single coverage. Against New Orleans, Harvin took a fly-sweep for nine yards. On the next play, we faked a bubble screen to him and a Saints LB bit hard and left a huge hole for Lynch to run a 15-yard TD.

You just explained in this paragraph how he was used as a decoy, what don't you get?

Uh, no. Being a decoy suggests he's out there running routes without intention of giving him the ball. The Broncos won't bite on bubble-screen fakes until they see him take one. As far as getting safety help on conventional routes, that's not deception if he'd get the ball once open. That's just presence. If you think that's being a "decoy," then you're basically saying Marshawn Lynch is a "decoy" because he's occasionally involved in play-action and faces loaded boxes regardless of the call. No, they actually have to give him the ball once in a while for it to work.

Skansi82

Reaction score
FYI: The 4.41 second 40 time that is being referred to was from the combine when he allegedly wasn't 100%. He ran a 4.28 when he was at the University of Florida.

Regardless of what his 40 time is, he's got elite speed on the field. If you watch any of his highlight packages and don't come away thinking he's "game fast", then you need to get your eyes checked. GO HAWKS!!!!

diehardnyfan

Reaction score
I hope he comes out and plays the game of his life. His presence just gives us the edge even more. I think he will have at least one touchdown catch and have some big punt returns to give us excellent field position.