Pete blames himself for RB issues. Lacy to get workload

Seymour

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":211oybbp said:
Seymour":211oybbp said:
ImTheScientist":211oybbp said:
Seymour":211oybbp said:
Hopefully Pete will soon learn, what myself and many others already know.

That Rawls sucks..... and Lacy is best in the 4th after wearing on a defence all game. Give Lacy the rock.

Yes, based on his press conference he has learned that.

That would be incorrect Dr. Science.

Pete is attempting to learn that Lacy just aint it. They both such ATM, but Rawls has the best shot to succeed

Why does Rawls have the best chance?

Timing to hole, requires less space, quickness, better cutting ability (more illusive), faster, proven production under this same scheme.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Well we sure as hell know that Mr.Glass Won't be in the rotation!

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Remember SA was never the same after his injury, might be the same for Rawls.

Lacy just looks like a bum out there, needs to take some lessons from RW's stiff arm school

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Seymour":3avy285g said:
ImTheScientist":3avy285g said:
Seymour":3avy285g said:
ImTheScientist":3avy285g said:
That Rawls sucks..... and Lacy is best in the 4th after wearing on a defence all game. Give Lacy the rock.

Pete is attempting to learn that Lacy just aint it. They both such ATM, but Rawls has the best shot to succeed

Why does Rawls have the best chance?

Timing to hole, requires less space, quickness, better cutting ability (more illusive), faster, proven production under this same scheme.

Disagree.

Lacy has the better track record and resume, Lacy is better red zone, better breaking tackles, isn't mistake/fumble prone, is a better receiver and pass blocker, more patient runner, brings the physical play Pete wants. I can't think of a single reason to even keep Rawls around. Should promote mike Davis and cut Rawls.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":1s003b1r said:
Dang, Rawls must be in the dog house.

As long as they're giving one of the backs the lion's share of the workload I'll be relieved that they're trying to get someone into a rhythm.

Well he dropped a very catchable TD and committed a couple of penalties

2_0_6

Reaction score
My spidey senses are telling me Lacy is going to get the workload this week and his performance will either solidify him being here the rest of the season or will be the broom that pushes him out the door.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I can't believe that someone actually said "Rawls Sucks", man lets all stop and think about the Thomas Rawls who was the top rated running back in the NFL at the time Beast was still on the Seahawks roster. He played like a man possessed on every down, he was giving defenses fits everywhere we played, and then the damn broken ankle.

The guy has worked his ass off trying to get back to that place again in his career and in my opinion he has been on the cusp of it in the last two games. What I see happening with him in particular is that he needs to settle down and be patient getting out of the gate, and let the Oline create a crease for him to start his run through, although the Oline, on too many occasions have given him nothing in the way of an opening, and instead of going around he tries to follow orders and run into the lions den again and again.

Go back and look at the film footage from when Rawls was at the top of his game and you'll see that where he was most lethal was when they shot tossed the ball to him and let him run up the outside, they aren't doing that now and I don't understand it. Lacy is a great running back too and will do fine, I just hope they aren't pulling the plug on Rawls when he is just about back on his game.

raisethe3

Reaction score
I hope Lacy does well. Because the Hawks really need it. We can't put up that pathetic running performance like we did in the Texans game. Gotta do better than that. I mean A LOT better.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
sprhawk73":uplruoh5 said:
Remember SA was never the same after his injury, might be the same for Rawls.

Lacy just looks like a bum out there, needs to take some lessons from RW's stiff arm school

Could be. Thought losing Hutch was more the result of our running game downfall. While I appreciate a physical running style, Rawls seems to recklessly seek heavy contact and he has been injured several times because of it.

naholmes

Reaction score
In addition to his miscues it also appears that Rawls hasn’t been trusting his blocking and trying to bounce plays outside. The run blocking should be better this week and it makes sense to put Lacy back there and let the run game get into a rhythm against a weak opponent. I’ve been down on Lacy for much of the season but at least he’s going to get what’s blocked, which hasnt been much to this point but hopefully that’s about to change.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
pacific101":cynyqe57 said:
I can't believe that someone actually said "Rawls Sucks", man lets all stop and think about the Thomas Rawls who was the top rated running back in the NFL at the time Beast was still on the Seahawks roster. He played like a man possessed on every down, he was giving defenses fits everywhere we played, and then the damn broken ankle.

The guy has worked his ass off trying to get back to that place again in his career and in my opinion he has been on the cusp of it in the last two games. What I see happening with him in particular is that he needs to settle down and be patient getting out of the gate, and let the Oline create a crease for him to start his run through, although the Oline, on too many occasions have given him nothing in the way of an opening, and instead of going around he tries to follow orders and run into the lions den again and again.

Go back and look at the film footage from when Rawls was at the top of his game and you'll see that where he was most lethal was when they shot tossed the ball to him and let him run up the outside, they aren't doing that now and I don't understand it. Lacy is a great running back too and will do fine, I just hope they aren't pulling the plug on Rawls when he is just about back on his game.

Half a season 2 years ago? Sorry... but he has never even done it for a full year as a full time back. With Rawls "I'm Out"... drop him. Ride Eddie.....

HawkerD

Reaction score
Seymour":zve5p964 said:
ImTheScientist":zve5p964 said:
Seymour":zve5p964 said:

Pure speculation spouted as fact.

HawkerD

Reaction score
ivotuk":b2vqzabf said:
...IMHO, Thomas Rawls doesn't get the start because of the fumble in the prior game, the chop block in the last game, and all of his miscues. He needs to relax, and maybe sitting on the bench will help him do that.

Now, to be clear, I blame Rawls struggles on the coaching. Thomas wanted to play, but he knew he was going to get rotated in and out, so figures he needs to really excel when he gets his 1 or 2 plays. Thus, he "overtries" and ends up screwing up.

Lastly I have to say FINALLY!!! and...get out yer popcorn. :snack:

Rawls plays stupid and doesn't do as coached. Classic was overrunning his blocker on the screen pass a couple of weeks ago right into the defender who was just about to be leveled by a steam rolling Justin Britt (I think). It was something you learn in HS. The chop block was another bit of stupidity. Players who continuously commit acts of stupidity when they know better are going to cost you in the long run. And that is why Rawls is on the bench.

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkerD":1vvk8p3p said:
Seymour":1vvk8p3p said:
ImTheScientist":1vvk8p3p said:
Seymour":1vvk8p3p said:

Pure speculation spouted as fact.

Everyone has an opinion and yes much of it is speculation, but nothing about that post above states "this is an absolute fact". I think too many people take everything people post here as them stating facts (sometimes it is, and sometimes people think what they are saying is a fact when it isn't), but sometimes it's just easier if the reader assumes that everything posted is an opinion unless there are links provided to be a basis for facts. Things generally get less snippy when people are able to do this.

Hawks46

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":2y29n7vu said:
Dang, Rawls must be in the dog house.

As long as they're giving one of the backs the lion's share of the workload I'll be relieved that they're trying to get someone into a rhythm.

You don't fumble as a RB on Pete's teams and stay in good standing for long. Rawls is also trying too hard.

Not sure how this makes sense. My eye test tells me that Lacy is too slow to the los and misreads blocks. Rawls is becoming to fast to the los and isn't patient enough to let the block develop.

You can fix one of those problems, as Rawls has shown capable in the past. You can't make Lacy faster.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
There was a rb coaching change this past offseason. Maybe that is factoring into the running game problems as well. Every active rb on the team is having struggles, so the problem could be a result of multitude of things happening - poor OL play, running backs not hitting the holes, coaching changes, etc.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2rd1swvx said:
You forgot the ability to complete a run. Lacy might get past the line, but his upper limit is probably 20 yards before everyone catches up to him. Get Rawls past the line and he at least has a chance to break it all the way.

It's rare enough for one of our backs to get out of the backfield clean, so when one does, we want him to be able to take full advantage of the opportunity.

Seymour

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2hjd7e6l said:
Seymour":2hjd7e6l said:
You forgot the ability to complete a run. Lacy might get past the line, but his upper limit is probably 20 yards before everyone catches up to him. Get Rawls past the line and he at least has a chance to break it all the way.

It's rare enough for one of our backs to get out of the backfield clean, so when one does, we want him to be able to take full advantage of the opportunity.

Agree. I summed that up as faster.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Seymour":2bds6bnq said:
KiwiHawk":2bds6bnq said:
Seymour":2bds6bnq said:

Agree. I summed that up as faster.
I think the running game is going to struggle until Prosise gets healthy and they give him a shot. I know it's a long shot but that's my guess for how it plays out. CJ becomes a major contributer down the stretch.

Watching a few plays from Sunday Rawls had yards blocked for him and read multiple reads wrong. I love the guy but it doesn't seem like he's seeing what he needs to see.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
So is Scientist going to admit that when Lacy does decently, it's more due to the improvements in the line than because of Lacy? No? Didn't think so based on his man-crush for Lacy in this thread...