Pete blames himself for RB issues. Lacy to get workload

Cyrus12

Reaction score
austinslater25":2z8gvpx3 said:
Seymour":2z8gvpx3 said:
KiwiHawk":2z8gvpx3 said:
Seymour":2z8gvpx3 said:
Timing to hole, requires less space, quickness, better cutting ability (more illusive), faster, proven production under this same scheme.
You forgot the ability to complete a run. Lacy might get past the line, but his upper limit is probably 20 yards before everyone catches up to him. Get Rawls past the line and he at least has a chance to break it all the way.

It's rare enough for one of our backs to get out of the backfield clean, so when one does, we want him to be able to take full advantage of the opportunity.

Agree. I summed that up as faster.
I think the running game is going to struggle until Prosise gets healthy and they give him a shot. I know it's a long shot but that's my guess for how it plays out. CJ becomes a major contributer down the stretch.

Watching a few plays from Sunday Rawls had yards blocked for him and read multiple reads wrong. I love the guy but it doesn't seem like he's seeing what he needs to see.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Very optimistic but Procise will get hurt every game he is active...he will not be a factor. They need to call up Mike Davis and cut one of these backs to make the room.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Lacy may be big and not very powerful, but at least he is as fast as Refrigerator Perry.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think we see Madden a lot and a more power run scheme to let Lacy get his stride and go down hill, if Lacy fails to show anything this week then I believe the writing is on the Pink Slip also. Pete being Coy and Lacy being upset with his playing time early and saying that may have led to this being declared. Pete saying it was his fault I think is Coach speak and taking the hit for Bevell and Cable, remember it was Bevell that declared RB by committee this coming season.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Lacey can be counted on to get you 2-3 yards.

Unless you actually need 2-3 yards, then he gets you 1.

He is slow but paradoxically, even with such size, remarkably weak. He seems to almost start walking as soon as he gets first contact and could likely be tackled by an errant blade of grass.

There is nothing redeeming about him as a RB, save for his ability to waste downs but run the clock so we can rest our defense.

He is reasonably able at pass protection, and apparently can down a plate of Chinese no problem - but otherwise he is a giant bulbous mass of 'who cares' that can barely fit in a uniform.

Seymour

Reaction score
Ya, Bevell tried calling that one year with Lynch too. How did that work out? :roll:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Personally I would like to see our run blocking get a little better before we start picking and choosing which RBs to throw under the bus. Lacy has produced on par with the other Seahawk running backs with the exception of Carson.

Once Carson became the feature back he started getting a majority of the carries so maybe there is something to getting into a rhythm during a game. Lacy has played two more games than Carson and still has 7 less carries (Not saying the two performed equally but I don't think Lacy is a pile of crap either, not right now at least).

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Finally, I just never understood the idea of committee, I' ve been harping this rhythm thing since anyone has mentioned by committee.

Damn though, Rawls the projected starter in training camp must have really gone Percy.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
The problem that I have with all of this is that you should have started giving Lacy the majority of carries to start the season. If he wasn't panning out you move on to someone else. He's already been given plenty of chances to show what he can do and we haven't seen anything. He has trouble with his weight and thus self-control. Nothing about this man tells me he should be a feature back and the disrespect to Rawls is ridiculous.

I agree 100% that a back can't get in rhythm if he only gets a few carries.

I also think alot of this has to do with our lack of run blocking on the o line. Ive always felt it was more about o line performance than running back performance that decides how well a team rushes the ball. This is of course outside of exteme examples of athletic ability such as AP, Lynch, Elliott etc. This is why a seventh round pick in Cris Carson was having success, it's more about the line.

I hope he does well but at this point and for his entire tenure here I've been a doubter, so I doubt he really does enough to change my mind on this.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Smellyman":1yvvz5kp said:
Just last playoffs...

[youtube]flnlqyWOVvQ[/youtube]

The way he slowed and waited for his block (by Russ!) at about :50 is one thing we aren’t seeing this season from Thomas.

massari

Reaction score
Maybe Alex Collins is proving the RB issues have nothing to do with the RB's?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I’m just wondering why McKissic doesn’t get the shot? Kid’s made some plays yet He’s fourth option behind two guys who haven’t produced and a other who gets injured every time he plays.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2bcb4cao said:
Lacey can be counted on to get you 2-3 yards.

Unless you actually need 2-3 yards, then he gets you 1.

He is slow but paradoxically, even with such size, remarkably weak. He seems to almost start walking as soon as he gets first contact and could likely be tackled by an errant blade of grass.

There is nothing redeeming about him as a RB, save for his ability to waste downs but run the clock so we can rest our defense.

He is reasonably able at pass protection, and apparently can down a plate of Chinese no problem - but otherwise he is a giant bulbous mass of 'who cares' that can barely fit in a uniform.

Tell us what you really think TH. :2thumbs:

We've been blessed with a few RBs that run angry. Lacy runs as if he doesn't want to get hurt, doesn't want it, or is just putting in time here. Rawls at least shows energy and toughness when first hit and with our OL run blocking that means zero push and zero holes. I don't recall Lacy ever breaking a tackle this season. I can't believe he was ever a success b/c he is in fact "a giant bulbous mass of 'who cares' who does seemingly get tackled by errant blades of grass. I wonder if he thinks it's touch football, the anti-Lynch.

To say I have been disappointed in the Lacy experiment understates what I think about his running style and demonstrated ability here this year so far. Lacy is big, slow, and soft, he runs without any strength, his vision and patience is absent and he could be timed with sundials so far as any lateral quickness. He is an overpaid waste of a roster spot who has added nothing to the pile here to date. He'd add more to the team if he was not here. To me he's a bum and not the type or runner we like to watch here.

Even our great Running Game Coordinator can't seem to make anything with Lacy or the others, except Carson, and seems to be as much a part of the,problem as his interior OLine is for the team's running game.

If he does something if given more touches I'll be surprised and will glad come back for my heaping plate of crow.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Some one above joked that Russell Wilson should teach Lacy how to stiff arm. Laughter aside... why not actually do this?

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
In the past, Pete could mix and match until 1 back started to pop. Then they could make that the "guy" and run with it. It worked for Rawls in the past and Carson this year. The problem is none of them have popped this time. So, the question is all this on the OL or the backs just not good either. You would think that Rawls having popped before could do it again but maybe the injury had some effect; physical or mental? I don't think he really counts either Mckissic or Procise (if/when he comes back) as a primary option for obvious reasons.

Smellyman

Reaction score
He's a huge guy that is less powerful than Carson and Rawls and hits holes as fast and hard as 75 pound ballerina. More carries will not change that.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Seymour":3rvo74yg said:
ImTheScientist":3rvo74yg said:
Seymour":3rvo74yg said:
Hopefully Pete will soon learn, what myself and many others already know.

That Rawls sucks..... and Lacy is best in the 4th after wearing on a defence all game. Give Lacy the rock.

Yes, based on his press conference he has learned that.

That would be incorrect Dr. Science.

Pete is attempting to learn that Lacy just aint it. They both such ATM, but Rawls has the best shot to succeed
Is the because of the TD drop or the fumble inside our 20?

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":2dl5bu0e said:
Seymour":2dl5bu0e said:
ImTheScientist":2dl5bu0e said:
Seymour":2dl5bu0e said:
Hopefully Pete will soon learn, what myself and many others already know.

That Rawls sucks..... and Lacy is best in the 4th after wearing on a defence all game. Give Lacy the rock.

Yes, based on his press conference he has learned that.

That would be incorrect Dr. Science.

Pete is attempting to learn that Lacy just aint it. They both such ATM, but Rawls has the best shot to succeed
Is the because of the TD drop or the fumble inside our 20?
:2thumbs:

People see Rawls flailing around as he runs with his choppy steps and it looks like he is hauling ass....then he gets 1 yard. He pops up, bounces around, and talks smack. Its ridiculous. He has been a huge negative for us two weeks in a row now. If it was Rawls that was from another team and Lacy was drafted here people would see it. Unfortunately some are blinded.

Seymour

Reaction score
Short choppy steps trying to decide which brick in the wall to run into...ya.

Rawls problems are very fixable. Lacy's are not, and never will be. You are not going to grow attitude, quickness, speed, strength, and determination by getting more reps. Pete will figure this out within 2 weeks. Hopefully Rawls can get his head straight by then. He does still have the ability, just needs to put it all together.