Pete Carol

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If he were coaching this team, Penix probably wouldn't have shat himself under the bright lights.

Ozzy

Reaction score
That’s not fair. Penix is a warrior and is playing through multiple injuries against the best defense in the country. Not his best game but out there competing

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
That’s not fair. Penix is a warrior and is playing through multiple injuries against the best defense in the country. Not his best game but out there competing
It's just as fair as anyone dogging Geno despite playing injured throughout the midseason, to be fair. In context, I respect him sticking it out, but nothing about this performance was remotely okay from him.

Only testament is that his team tried to pick up his slack and still circled around him on the sidelines up until the end. I don't doubt his leadership, but I doubt his ability to perform under pressure.

Ozzy

Reaction score
If you hated when people do it to Geno then why do it here? The dude can barely walk off the field.

One game doesn’t define anyone. I think you’re being a little biased because Penix name is mentioned a lot in regards to Geno and you are a huge Geno fan. That’s totally fine by the way but I think you’re being a little snarky here if I’m being honest 😜

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If you hated when people do it to Geno then why do it here? The dude can barely walk off the field.

One game doesn’t define anyone. I think you’re being a little biased because Penix name is mentioned a lot in regards to Geno and you are a huge Geno fan. That’s totally fine by the way but I think you’re being a little snarky here if I’m being honest 😜
I only bring it up because the criticism is okay if it's done within the contextual framework of him still being well enough to play. I'm sure he was affected by injury, but he was off before the considerable injuries rolled in (to my knowledge). It feels like he was faltering under the external pressure regardless.

Lack of late game heroics isn't a big deal for me given what he was playing through. Being so bad otherwise is all on him, though, and it just makes the doubters seem that much more correct. Which is a shame, because I loooooove the way the dude slings the ball. It's downright special. But I can't trust him to be a QBOTF at all right now, so that's why I'm thinking he's late day 2 or day 3 at this point.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
McCarthy on the other hand, I don't think he helped himself tonight either. The Huskies D didn't have anything to be afraid of from him downfield. He's not gonna have superior talent to coast on in the NFL.

Ozzy

Reaction score
That’s a fair assessment. I trust teams and scouts to probably get it right so we will see where he goes. I’ll say right now if he falls into the second because of some concerns I’d love to have him sit behind Geno for a year because he has a special arm

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
That’s a fair assessment. I trust teams and scouts to probably get it right so we will see where he goes. I’ll say right now if he falls into the second because of some concerns I’d love to have him sit behind Geno for a year because he has a special arm
I'd want a new offensive staff if we were banking on his development. We'd at least need a more technical QB guru on staff. You need to fix his footwork and probably teach him pocket navigation from the ground up before you can work on his overthrow tendency. He's got a lot to work with. If you can't teach him to navigate a pocket and deal with pressure, he's going to get teed off on.

And that's only if his medicals come back reasonably clean.

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
I do not like Penix, and don't want the Hawks to draft him if he is available for us. But if him and Mccarthy were on opposite sides I think Pennix goes off.