Pete Carroll

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
We'll see after this season if Pete should continue to be coach.

Anything can happen. Tough games lie ahead.

Seahawks can go undefeated (not likely) from here, or go winless (not likely) from here.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
austinslater25":2tgx73qa said:
Thunderhawk":2tgx73qa said:
I thought the game had passed Pete by? I thought he lost the locker room? I thought his style no longer translated to the wide open modern NFL?

You guys sure are quiet now. What a surprise.

Pete has overcome injuries, massive roster turnover, young inexperienced players, while also integrating new coordinators and their schemes. He has taken a beat up roster of castoffs, late round picks, and young players and got them playing hard and fast. If he can get this squad to the playoffs he deserves Coach of the Year...

...and yet you wanted him fired.

I've seen multiple people say they were wrong myself included. I didn't think Pete would adapt but he did. I think it was a valid criticism because he's been reluctant to do so in the past but he has and he deserves credit.

I never thought he would change either. Put me down for being wrong on that account too.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Come on Pitt, are you really gonna' just downplay the wins? All week people said this game was gonna' be tough. Lions were hot, and beat the crap out of the Pats, and knocked off the Packers. If they would have lost, it would have been "see, the Hawks suck"
Can't you just enjoy the winning?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":5t95tdhk said:
pittpnthrs":5t95tdhk said:
Mad Dog":5t95tdhk said:
pittpnthrs":5t95tdhk said:
Still think the Hawks are an 8-8 team, but questions at the beginning of the season are finally being answered. Cable and Bevell really were that bad. Its finally fun to watch the team play again which has been missing for the past couple years, Just hoping we can beat some good teams going forward.

Well we almost beat the best team in the league, so maybe we will beat a "good" team this year. Although it seems everytime we do beat a good team, they automatically become a bad team. So it may be an impossibility given this strange logic loop we've developed at .NET.

And if we do win 10 games and make a wildcard spot does that mean you go from calling for Pete's head to endorsing him as Coach of the Year. Getting to the playoffs with a crappy 8-8 team has to be worth consideration right?

Who are these good teams you speak of?

We have beaten the Cowboys, Cardinals, Raiders, and Lions so far. All 4 of those teams are sad. So, while a lot of fans are feeling great right now (hey, I like some things i'm seeing too), there is plenty to be skeptical about too. We havent beaten anybody yet. Long way to go before even considering playoffs.

There are maybe 3-4 elite teams in the league, and I have no problem saying we're in the next group of teams.

This absolutely puts us in the conversation of discussing or considering ourselves a playoff team. This is the NFL, you don't have to be a great team to make the playoffs, and the Hawks are certainly a good team.............and more importantly continuing to look better and better each week.

One game above .500 with 10 games to play and the mention of playoffs already? A little premature to me.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":cgu9l6ms said:
Come on Pitt, are you really gonna' just downplay the wins? All week people said this game was gonna' be tough. Lions were hot, and beat the crap out of the Pats, and knocked off the Packers. If they would have lost, it would have been "see, the Hawks suck"
Can't you just enjoy the winning?

I am enjoying them, Its refreshing, but you have to admit that the teams we beat so far are anything but impressive.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You could say that about many teams. Hawks are one of the hottest teams in football.
If you can't enjoy it, not sure what to tell you.
I'll go ahead and enjoy enough for both of us. They are a good team, it's ok to admit it.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2oxbv3ay said:
Why are you so obsessed and/or down on other people having confidence in the team? Asking for a friend.

Because those are the people that make excuses and look silly when the bottom falls out. Theres a lot of them, your friend included probably.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":19ybijzc said:
Sgt. Largent":19ybijzc said:
pittpnthrs":19ybijzc said:
Mad Dog":19ybijzc said:
Well we almost beat the best team in the league, so maybe we will beat a "good" team this year. Although it seems everytime we do beat a good team, they automatically become a bad team. So it may be an impossibility given this strange logic loop we've developed at .NET.

And if we do win 10 games and make a wildcard spot does that mean you go from calling for Pete's head to endorsing him as Coach of the Year. Getting to the playoffs with a crappy 8-8 team has to be worth consideration right?

We have beaten the Cowboys, Cardinals, Raiders, and Lions so far. All 4 of those teams are sad. So, while a lot of fans are feeling great right now (hey, I like some things i'm seeing too), there is plenty to be skeptical about too. We havent beaten anybody yet. Long way to go before even considering playoffs.

There are maybe 3-4 elite teams in the league, and I have no problem saying we're in the next group of teams.

This absolutely puts us in the conversation of discussing or considering ourselves a playoff team. This is the NFL, you don't have to be a great team to make the playoffs, and the Hawks are certainly a good team.............and more importantly continuing to look better and better each week.

One game above .500 with 10 games to play and the mention of playoffs already? A little premature to me.

Seems kinda weird to say this, considering we're one of only seven teams in the NFC with a winning record, and currently the #6 seed.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1g5r6iz4 said:
You could say that about many teams. Hawks are one of the hottest teams in football.
If you can't enjoy it, not sure what to tell you.
I'll go ahead and enjoy enough for both of us. They are a good team, it's ok to admit it.

A 2 game win streak sitting at 4-3 and they are one of the hottest teams in the NFL? What variables did you use to come to that conclusion? Patriots, Chargers, Chiefs, Steelers, Texans, Colts, Redskins, Saints, Panthers, and Falcons all have a better or the same win streak currently.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":izmwnm31 said:
pittpnthrs":izmwnm31 said:
Sgt. Largent":izmwnm31 said:
pittpnthrs":izmwnm31 said:

Seems kinda weird to say this, considering we're one of only seven teams in the NFC with a winning record, and currently the #6 seed.

Seems weird to be talking about other things besides the playoffs after only 7 games while hovering around .500? Um, ok.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1bn3ps1o said:
Sgt. Largent":1bn3ps1o said:
pittpnthrs":1bn3ps1o said:
Sgt. Largent":1bn3ps1o said:

Seems weird to be talking about other things besides the playoffs after only 7 games while hovering around .500? Um, ok.

We are talking about other things, just about EVERY other thing. You're the one who's trying to tell us we shouldn't be talking about the playoffs when the season is only one game from being half over.

Maybe you should just tell us when it's cool for us to get a little excited about how well the Hawks are playing and can type the word "playoffs."

November 15th? December 1st? When's it OK, we need to know.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":38znkcjo said:
pittpnthrs":38znkcjo said:
Sgt. Largent":38znkcjo said:
pittpnthrs":38znkcjo said:

We are talking about other things, just about EVERY other thing. You're the one who's trying to tell us we shouldn't be talking about the playoffs when the season is only one game from being half over.

Maybe you should just tell us when it's cool for us to get a little excited about how well the Hawks are playing and can type the word "playoffs."

I was going to ask you the samething. When do feel its ok to start talking playoffs? Week 3, opening game, 2nd preseason game?

Look, no problem. Its typical for most fans to get ahead of themselves. Happens around here constantly.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":ejw97zfu said:
Sgt. Largent":ejw97zfu said:
pittpnthrs":ejw97zfu said:
Sgt. Largent":ejw97zfu said:

I was going to ask you the samething. When do feel its ok to start talking playoffs? Week 3, opening game, 2nd preseason game?

Look, no problem. Its typical for most fans to get ahead of themselves. Happens around here constantly.

Me? I like to wait until the season is about half over, which it almost is. That's usually when the good teams start separating themselves from the pretenders.

I also look at our schedule, hard games but we now have most at home.

I assume most people other than you agree with me, cause you're the only negative person on this thread who refuses to say the "p" word.

Which is fine btw, pessimism is allowed. But to poop on others for being optimistic after a really good win on the road is again......weird.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I was just about to post that exact same thing. Getting worked up about other people enjoying a win is kind of odd, borderline sad really. And you still haven't answered the question. WHY....DO....YOU....CARE????
:2thumbs:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3n75clvs said:
Sgt. Largent":3n75clvs said:
pittpnthrs":3n75clvs said:
Sgt. Largent":3n75clvs said:

I was expecting 1-6 at this point, so sod off. :p

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It just depends on what you consider 'success' to be.

If your definition of success is a very good regular season (9+ wins?) then we are on track for that. The Charger game will determine that.

If your definition of success is a great run in the playoffs?

Most people had this team pegged at 7-9 roughly, maybe 8-8 - so why would you be upset at them beating expectations? Very few people had any expectations where this team made the playoffs. That would be gravy.

We don't know if this team is 'good'. But teams have made it all the way to the playoffs with a Powerpuff schedule before - remember that Carolina Panthers team? But we do know we have a path to more wins than expected.

I think we are clearly better than we expected but not as good as some hope. That is fine with me though. At least the games are watchable again and it has been years since I could say that.

Also,

Pete seems to be allowing this offense to bloom. I don't see a whole lot of duck and chuck football this year. That is an improvement.

Our OL is not a disaster.

We can run the ball.

We are actually bothering to score in the 1st half AND we are scoring TDs in the RZ.

Was this just the last few opponents or the indication of a trend? We will see what the Charger game brings.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
So if the team wins then, what will be the negative justifying the "I Hate Pete" drumbeat?

The Titanic has turned away from the iceberg time for recalculation.