Pete Carroll

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3p75bi6r said:
Still think the Hawks are an 8-8 team, but questions at the beginning of the season are finally being answered. Cable and Bevell really were that bad. Its finally fun to watch the team play again which has been missing for the past couple years, Just hoping we can beat some good teams going forward.

At 4-3 extrapolated over the entire season is 9-7. So neener neener. :p

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So all week, Detroit was a hot team, a tough game etc. Now we beat them, and they are suddenly not a good team.

Got it

justafan

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1z78cn7c said:
This is cute.

They beat the mighty Lions and some of you want to pound your chest.

Sure.

I have no complaints about this game, but lets not pretend that we have not been subjected to outright garbage football for the past few years. This was one of the few games where we actually looked like we were trying to score instead of run the clock down.

That was the reason Pete was a nightmare.

That said, he had a great game. Let's see if we can continue the streak against teams that will end up with a better than .500 record at the end of the year.

What Pete was doing was not only not working but it was ugly, terrible, boring football that was actually resulting in losses. We seem to have changed our tactics and I am all for actually trying to score in the 1st half or actually attempting to score TDs instead FGs.

If this change continues, I will have no complaints. But to imply there was no reason to be upset is ridiculous.

Still, losing Paul changed everything. We no longer have assured excellence, so losing Pete would be a greater risk. The moment Allen was gone, any ideas to change from Pete had to be shelved.

While beating the Lions on a 10 am away game is an accomplishment, it is not validation that looking at options other than Pete was somehow misplaced. Because Pete's brand of football was god awful to watch. We needed a change and hopefully, he has changed.

I cant even relate to posts like these after a low point of a 9-7 season. Do people actually believe they are entitled to deep playoff runs every year.

I dont think some of you have ever experienced a bad run as Seahawk fans.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
This is the greatest period of Seahawks football ever because of Pete Carroll.

11-5 with a playoff win and #1 scoring defense.
13-3 with a Super Bowl win and #1 scoring defense.
12-4 with an NFCCG win and #1 scoring defense.
10-6 with a playoff win and #1 scoring defense.
10-5-1 with a playoff win and #3 scoring defense.
9-7 (The horror! The horror!)
Currently, on pace to make the playoffs with #4 scoring defense.

:lol:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":88vn5377 said:
So all week, Detroit was a hot team, a tough game etc. Now we beat them, and they are suddenly not a good team.

Got it

Why did you perceive Detroit as being somebody? Because they beat the Packers and Patriots? Let me remind you that they lost to the Jets, 49ers, and Cowboys. The Lions game was a tossup in my opinion, and we ended up winning. That doesn't change my view of the Seahawks at all. The next 4 games will tell us who we are.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":22s5vf43 said:
pittpnthrs":22s5vf43 said:
Sgt. Largent":22s5vf43 said:
pittpnthrs":22s5vf43 said:
Seems weird to be talking about other things besides the playoffs after only 7 games while hovering around .500? Um, ok.

We are talking about other things, just about EVERY other thing. You're the one who's trying to tell us we shouldn't be talking about the playoffs when the season is only one game from being half over.

Maybe you should just tell us when it's cool for us to get a little excited about how well the Hawks are playing and can type the word "playoffs."

November 15th? December 1st? When's it OK, we need to know.

I was going to ask you the samething. When do feel its ok to start talking playoffs? Week 3, opening game, 2nd preseason game?

Look, no problem. Its typical for most fans to get ahead of themselves. Happens around here constantly.

Me? I like to wait until the season is about half over, which it almost is. That's usually when the good teams start separating themselves from the pretenders.

I also look at our schedule, hard games but we now have most at home.

I assume most people other than you agree with me, cause you're the only negative person on this thread who refuses to say the "p" word.

Which is fine btw, pessimism is allowed. But to poop on others for being optimistic after a really good win on the road is again......weird.

The schedule is what I look at and so far we haven't beaten anybody worth talking about. Lets just say that I'm apprehensive and think we should at least beat somebody good before dreaming about the playoffs.

chris98251

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":37124q13 said:
chris98251":37124q13 said:
semiahmoo":37124q13 said:
Is Pete's coaching improved or is Russ clicking more with the offensive scheme via the new coordinator?

Pete still has his faults, we all do, but he also deserves credit for putting in people (finally!) who appear to be getting it done.

If we make the playoffs, Pete deserves even more credit for turning around a somewhat sinking ship and I'll be among the first to say it.

Until then lets enjoy the victories.

GO HAWKS!

Pete maybe not over coaching as in getting his nose into the offense, Wilson feeling more comfortable and "TRUSTING" Schotty's calls and scheme is a big thing also I think and knowing it much better now.

Also Pete trusting Schotty's calls helps him keep his nose out of things also.

Petes biggest success was addition by subtraction this year, his replacments have shown it may not have been talent but the use and schemes that talent was put in.

I'm asking honestly- where are you getting this "keep his nose out" narrative from? Did it come from some media literature somewhere, or is it one of those things you're just making up because you think that's probably what happened?

Because I haven't really seen it anywhere outside of the claims of some fans on the internet. If it came from somewhere, I'll be happy to read it.

The fact that Bevell had to get permission to run plays, the fact that Wilson had to go ask Pete to run a play that they wanted to try in a game that shoed a certain formation. Oh and the fact that Bevell had to ask Pete if it was ok to run a pass play in the Super Bowl that failed.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the Hawks beat a very good Chargers team on Sunday. Only to come on here on Monday and have Pitt tell us all that the Chargers suck. And, that we will know who we are in the next few games.
:2thumbs:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3mqiz5j2 said:
Can't wait to see the Hawks beat a very good Chargers team on Sunday. Only to come on here on Monday and have Pitt tell us all that the Chargers suck. And, that we will know who we are in the next few games.
:2thumbs:

Ne nau What are you talking about? The Chargers are definitely better than any of the teams we have beaten so far. If we win,,,,,thats great. If not, no surprise.

If we lose, the excuses will be entertaining though. I'm trying to imagine what you'll blame it on,,,,,injuries, coaching, weather, youth, emotions, etc,,,,. Its never a better team beating us. We beat ourselves is always the answer.

toffee

Reaction score
If lose, some on this forum may actually be high giving each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You already told us that Detroit sucks. Guess I won't be surprised when you come up with a reason why we beat the Chargers on Sunday. It certainly won't be that the Hawks are a good team and outplayed another good team.
But, maybe I'll be surprised and you'll actually give them some credit.
News flash, the Hawks ARE a good team already.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":jra4z1np said:
You already told us that Detroit sucks. Guess I won't be surprised when you come up with a reason why we beat the Chargers on Sunday. It certainly won't be that the Hawks are a good team and outplayed another good team.
But, maybe I'll be surprised and you'll actually give them some credit.
News flash, the Hawks ARE a good team already.

If they beat San Diego i'll give credit where credit is due because San Diego is a pretty good team. No problem. If Seattle wins, they will finally have beaten a team thats worth a darn.

News flash, your getting ahead of yourself as usual. Crowning a team 'Good' when they are 4-3 and have only beaten crap teams is way premature.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Detroit sucks?

Vikings? Packers? Do they suck too?

This place....

toffee

Reaction score
Uncle Si":mvnlgt9j said:
Detroit sucks?

Vikings? Packers? Do they suck too?

This place....

Yes they do SUCK, but only when they failed to do what the "Fire Pete Now" brigade wanted them to do.

SUCK SUCK SUCK

But on the other hand, if those teams wins ....

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You do realize that Detroit thinks they suck, right?

Otherwise, they don't trade their #1 receiver when they are 1 game out in the playoff race in a division that is literally up for grabs.

Still, I am happy with this better version of football even though we are not exactly beating world beaters yet.

And if after all this positive change, your first inclination is to complain about people who complained BEFORE the change? Then maybe you should reassess yourself and your own issues before judging others.

The change has been good. I am hopeful it continues.

We haven't played a lot (or any) great teams but we have changed the things that were holding us back. That is a start.

We will see what happens with the Charger game.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":3q77jmyl said:
I thought the game had passed Pete by? I thought he lost the locker room? I thought his style no longer translated to the wide open modern NFL?

You guys sure are quiet now. What a surprise.

Pete has overcome injuries, massive roster turnover, young inexperienced players, while also integrating new coordinators and their schemes. He has taken a beat up roster of castoffs, late round picks, and young players and got them playing hard and fast. If he can get this squad to the playoffs he deserves Coach of the Year...

...and yet you wanted him fired.

Yeah, some jumped ship too quickly. For some, it's a part of their mentality.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3ccn74kc said:
What are you talking about? The Chargers are definitely better than any of the teams we have beaten so far. If we win,,,,,thats great. If not, no surprise.
Hey, pissonthepittpanthers, your negativity is old and stale. Get lost for a while. Best for us all.

Jville

Reaction score
This is the 9th iteration of Win Forever in Seattle.

It's not as though we're progressing thru an inaugural season of team building for the first time ever. And yet, there remain those befuddled each year by the process. All the noise and protest would be comical if not for all the wincing and twisting from so much self inflicted pain. It's why ignoring the noise and anguish is the preferred Seahawks way of bypassing such a useless and pointless waste of energy.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Pc is the best coach we have ever had. Is he perfect? No. Is he very good? Yes.

hawker84

Reaction score
Just trying to figure out who some of you think you are on here? You're posters with opinions just like the rest of us, and guess what, not everybody agrees with you.r opinions.

I've been calling for Petes head for 3 years now and could care less what you think of it. I don't like his coaching style , never have since SC. I appreciate the SB win, blame him whole heartedly for the SB loss, and the decline of the team in the years after. So flame away, I'm sure I'll find a way to go on with life..

Latest posts