PFF Oline ranking-Hawks worst in the NFL

Hawkpower

Reaction score
mikeak":2nvvaiuh said:
Hawkpower":2nvvaiuh said:
mikeak":2nvvaiuh said:
Funny how many times I and others were told to shut it and our o-line was fine since we had been to two superbowls....

The comment I saw often was that our oline has not been good in this run, and yet we have gone to two superbowls.

Which is true.

Has something changed to prompt your comment?

The comment that I saw was stating that our O-line is fine, we have gone to two superbowls so there was no issue and there will be no issue

Which is NOT true

We went to superbowls despite our O-line

Ok.

So if we've done it twice, we can do it again, right?

:th2thumbs:

justafan

Reaction score
Hawkpower":mboitk3c said:
mikeak":mboitk3c said:
Hawkpower":mboitk3c said:
mikeak":mboitk3c said:
Funny how many times I and others were told to shut it and our o-line was fine since we had been to two superbowls....

The comment I saw often was that our oline has not been good in this run, and yet we have gone to two superbowls.

Which is true.

Has something changed to prompt your comment?

The comment that I saw was stating that our O-line is fine, we have gone to two superbowls so there was no issue and there will be no issue

Which is NOT true

We went to superbowls despite our O-line

Ok.

So if we've done it twice, we can do it again, right?

:th2thumbs:

We never went to the SB with this type of line.That argument doesn't hold water.The past Olines had more draft capitol and money than almost any group on the team.In fact they had more NO1s and NO2s than the whole D.This is the first year where the FO said screw the Oline,up until this year they had the talent.

They have gotten better but why start from the hole that this Oline started from.I will take good football players playing their position over SPARQ score.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
justafan":6xdoidez said:
We never went to the SB with this type of line.That argument doesn't hold water.The past Olines had more draft capitol and money than almost any group on the team.In fact they had more NO1s and NO2s than the whole D.This is the first year where the FO said screw the Oline,up until this year they had the talent.

They have gotten better but why start from the hole that this Oline started from.I will take good football players playing their position over SPARQ score.

Because they chose to devote those resources to the defense and offensive skill players.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
justafan":1oduucrm said:

Because they chose to devote those resources to the defense and offensive skill players.

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3r3mkvxa said:
LymonHawk":3r3mkvxa said:
Well, if you agree with their rankings for OL, shouldn't you also agree with their QB rankings? Or do you just get to cherry pick what you like and disregard what you don't?

Anyone want to answer that one?

All of PFF's grades have weaknesses. Their QB grades are probably the weakest of the weak because of how much goes into playing QB that is not included in their evaluations, i.e. pre-snap reads, protections, audibles, short throws to receivers in space, etc. They also make these evaluations before viewing the All-22, which means they are limited to viewing a small portion of the field.

To me the biggest difference here is QB rankings vary one site to another, in one Wilson is top 10 in a others he is not, However our Oline is slated as last or near last by all sites.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
rideaducati":24c69qtz said:
The O-line is getting better EVERY WEEK. Cable does a good job EVERY YEAR with what he is given and his offensive lines get better as each season goes on. The guys along the offensive line just need TIME together. They'll be better next season.

Just look at the Saints offensive line. They were among the best in the league for several years at pass protecting. They had the most starts TOGETHER too. They now have new faces in new places and they aren't as good either.

On the bright side, PFF ranks TWO of our defensive linemen in the top 10 edge rushers in the league...actually, top 9.
Cable does a good job with what he is given?

Um no. The results show that he hasnt done a good job, and also he CHOSE most of our turds on OL. Cable is absolutely horrible at judging OL talent.

Cable is a huuuuuuuuuuge reason why our OL sucks and he should have been fired years ago

rideaducati

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":14d3sch4 said:
rideaducati":14d3sch4 said:
The O-line is getting better EVERY WEEK. Cable does a good job EVERY YEAR with what he is given and his offensive lines get better as each season goes on. The guys along the offensive line just need TIME together. They'll be better next season.

Just look at the Saints offensive line. They were among the best in the league for several years at pass protecting. They had the most starts TOGETHER too. They now have new faces in new places and they aren't as good either.

On the bright side, PFF ranks TWO of our defensive linemen in the top 10 edge rushers in the league...actually, top 9.
Cable does a good job with what he is given?

Um no. The results show that he hasnt done a good job, and also he CHOSE most of our turds on OL. Cable is absolutely horrible at judging OL talent.

Cable is a huuuuuuuuuuge reason why our OL sucks and he should have been fired years ago

I find your post to be ignorant of actual facts and rather insulting of a man with a PROVEN track record. I guess your opinion is worth a lot more than the actual track record of top rushing teams (multiple) Cable has. That track record also has pass protection ALWAYS improving as each season goes along and this season is no different.

These players were thrown together NINE WEEKS AGO, so expecting them to be really good IMMEDIATELY is rather silly on your part.

The offensive line as a whole is the most athletic line we have seen in Seattle...ever. Let's give them a bit of time together before forming a VERY misguided and entirely premature opinion and defaming one of the best coaches Seattle has left. When you stop seeing improvement, we can revisit this topic. Until then, you should watch and learn. With Cable's PROVEN track record, you WILL see improvement.

Whatever you do in life, you are probably better at it the more you do it and I'm certain you still improve after only doing it for nine weeks.

R-E-L-A-X, they're still learning and constantly getting better.

If you want to blast Bevell for designing and calling long developing pass plays behind an offensive line that he knows is going to need time to get up to speed, blast away. Cable is the O-line coach and the running game coordinator. The Seahawks run game is in the top 5 and his line sure as hell looked a lot better last week when quicker pass plays were called. Bevell is the one that took 8 weeks to finally do something to help a struggling unit.

AVL

Reaction score
Just another opinion. Most fan bases think poorly of their o-line if they think of them at all.

If these guys get decent we will end up with comp picks.

Our O-line factory is putting out a poor product at a low production rate.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Some serious over reaction in here.

The last three years have dealt with absolute putrid health. We absolutely needed to change that. So far (knock on wood) health has not been a major contributor and we are seeing growth and improvement.

The only O-lineman I miss is Breno. I wish we could have kept him. Other than him I was happy to see change elsewhere.

We haven't been stellar with our drafting on the line and part of that was injury related. I say we try some patience and see what these guys grow into and pray for health.

Mick063

Reaction score
No team is as bad as they look.

No team is as good as they look.