Pick #106, Amara Darboh, WR, Michigan

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
A guy who's burned elite CBs like Lattimore and Griffin with games on the line...I like that. A bigger Kearse.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Darboh looks to be the big WR that is currently lacking on the Seahawks. He may or may not be replacement for Kearse but also need to factor in that PRich is in the final year of his contract.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Thought you all would like some more awesome photo work from the Michigan Football facebook page. Enjoy! :irishdrinkers:
DarbohUM zpsvddjufohDarbohHawk zpssinamw7n

nash72

Reaction score
I think we might have something here. I like his size for sure.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I like that he's versatile in his routes.

He's a good blocker, so he'll be good at screens, and also fast enough to win over the top. Nice thing is, put him out in a WR formation, and you don't know if he's blocking, receiving, or breaking though to go vertical.

Also a good run blocker. I think this kid makes the team and I'd like to see it at Kearse's expense. I don't dislike Kearse, just dislike the production from the position.

bighawk

Reaction score
He reminds me of Josh Gordon he seems to be a really good run after catch especially deep. He will make this team.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I don't see him as someone who's going to take a slant to the house (RAC), but I've noticed he does very well as a possession receiver in traffic. He will take a hit to make a play, very often. So many slants were contested but he would "hands catch" and hold on.. Check out his highlights, most of his catches are 'catch then hit" type of plays over the middle.

Kearse is also someone they use to run those type of routes. I think this signing will spell the end of Jermaine Kearse in Seattle.

lukerguy

Reaction score
bighawk":1djgillu said:
He reminds me of Josh Gordon he seems to be a really good run after catch especially deep. He will make this team.

I don't see him as a RAC- he's gifted athletically so I see potential, but hasn't really been that type thus far . He's not a 3 catches for 80-100 yards type of guy... he's more of a 7-8 catches for 100 yards.

His college stats were around 13 yards per reception...It's not bad by any stretch, but Gordon and Julio are more 17-18 yards per catch in College and Pros.

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawkfan68":11i1zdbz said:
Darboh looks to be the big WR that is currently lacking on the Seahawks. He may or may not be replacement for Kearse but also need to factor in that PRich is in the final year of his contract.

McEvoy ?

I thought he did pretty well for a rookie that never played full time WR in college. We went out and drafted two big WR's, I wonder what that means ?

chris98251

Reaction score
It getting hurt are good players but hurt they can't contribute, taller and bigger are more durable, if they have that same speed and ability, also taller is easier for Wilson to find and have a bigger catch radius. They can also do better against the Jam.

We also need that big possession and deep threat and they are hoping to find him sooner or later, along with having Kearses position challenged on the team again.The Moore pick I think was an attempt at that. Those guys that are known are top ten picks mostly, finding a guy from no where that fills that roll is a reach but if it pays off your a genius and it was a late round pick anyway.

Jville

Reaction score
MY O'h My ................... [tweet]https://twitter.com/JaredStanger/status/859883483245682688[/tweet] .................. so that is what a well rounded receiver graph looks like.

Steve2222

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2s110ppj said:
We need more players who sound like they are characters from Star Wars.

Speaking of Star Wars names, that the first thing I thought of when Tez Tabors name was called.

bighawk

Reaction score
You forget he plays in a run heavy offense so he wont have the high average per catch his build reminds me of Gordon.

lukerguy

Reaction score
A run heavy offense wouldn't dictate how many yards per catch someone would have/how explosive they are... Total yards, sure but when we are talking about YPC, that would have no relevance.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":38ofx270 said:
I don't know how many of you caught it this morning, but Hugh Millen on KJR reminded listeners about a key clutch play that Darboh made this past year. When you consider the situation and whom he made it against, it makes it all that more impressive. So, Michigan was playing Ohio State (in Columbus) -- last game before the bowl season kicked off. Ohio State came in to the game ranked #2 in the country ... Michigan was ranked #3. The game went to 2OT and though the Buckeyes pulled it out, Darboh had a heck of a signature play in that game. It was 4th Down in the 1st OT with the clock ticking down. The Wolverines are trailing 24-17. They NEED a TD to stay alive.

Darboh juked his man out of his socks off the line ... and made a heck of a grab in the end zone for the touchdown. What makes it all the more impressive ... is when you consider WHO it was whom he badly beat -- Marshon Lattimore, the 1st CB taken in this weekend's NFL Draft (the Saints just took him #11 overall). Check out the top of screen and the move Darboh puts on Lattimore. When you consider the situation -- the fact that it's 4th down ... it's in hostile territory ... in front of 100,000 fans ... with the game and potentially the season the line, it makes that play all the more impressive indeed.

This is fantastic! I liked the pick because we need some options with Lockett recovering from his injury. Seeing him juke Lattimore and achieve the separation he did is so clutch. Love to see that! It's my big knock on Kearse that he seems unable to get a clean release off the line and achieve separation.

godawg

Reaction score
A friend of mine went to Michigan and follows the team closely. He loves Darboh, and like me, he compares his abilities to Anquan Boldin. If Amara has a comparable career to Boldin's, we have found a treasure.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sprfunk":3l6ua9k8 said:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000797144/Amara-Darboh-2017-Combine-Workout?icampaign=%22search-video-combine+amara%22

A lot of good hands catches there. Anybody know what his catch rate was? Need to take in to account his crap QB.

Latest posts