Pick #106, Amara Darboh, WR, Michigan

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
His physique and playing style reminds me of Anquan Boldin
Let's hope he's more like Boldin and less like Chris Harper.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
LolaRox":20rrgxgb said:
https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/858165186737217537

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/858165186737217537[/tweet]

Hulk Hogan's still on the board too. Not too many 6'8 300lb 63 year olds available so we may want to trade up to nab him tomorrow.

irocdave

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":3kxaejpy said:
LolaRox":3kxaejpy said:
https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/858165186737217537

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/858165186737217537[/tweet]

Hulk Hogan's still on the board too. Not too many 6'8 300lb 63 year olds available so we may want to trade up to nab him tomorrow.

Can he play CB?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
This was a big area of need - big WR who can get open. We might see some deep crossers for onc...oh, never mind, I forgot about Wilson's height.

Seafan

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":ukkt46ll said:
I really wanted Chad Hansen from USC. But Darboh seems solid. Seems like he's more of a deep threat than a chain mover.

And as much as I move Kearse's memories, I'm hoping that Darboh can put an end to his tenure here.

I move Kearse's memories too.

Bye, bye Kearse.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Reminds me of a larger Doug Baldwin. Can catch Russell Wilson throws that are slightly off the mark, like DB.

chris98251

Reaction score

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
We need more players who sound like they are characters from Star Wars.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Seems like a potential replacement for Kearse, good blocking skills and all. I think I found my adopt-a-rookie.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I don't see the Sidney Rice comparison directly; this guy looks sturdier than Rice. Rice was a fragile stringbean. Maybe a hybrid of Sidney Rice with slightly less wingspan and Jermaine Kearse with a little more ability to get separation from DBs.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
olyfan63":9j782j7h said:
I don't see the Sidney Rice comparison directly; this guy looks sturdier than Rice. Rice was a fragile stringbean. Maybe a hybrid of Sidney Rice with slightly less wingspan and Jermaine Kearse with a little more ability to get separation from DBs.

I don't see why we have to limit him to Seahawks comparisons. I felt he was comparable to Davante Adams who now plays for GB and who I really wanted that year. Adams has the edge in vertical, but Darboh has the edge in athleticism. Tons of potential here to come in and make an impact immediately. He may not be putting up gaudy numbers early, but I think he will play the role they want very well from day one.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":l6zntq1m said:
Interesting that we've taken two michigan players....

Well, picking two Harbaugh players worked well once before (though technically one was a UDFA).

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
olyfan63":tg10n3wl said:

I shivered when I read this.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I don't know how many of you caught it this morning, but Hugh Millen on KJR reminded listeners about a key clutch play that Darboh made this past year. When you consider the situation and whom he made it against, it makes it all that more impressive. So, Michigan was playing Ohio State (in Columbus) -- last game before the bowl season kicked off. Ohio State came in to the game ranked #2 in the country ... Michigan was ranked #3. The game went to 2OT and though the Buckeyes pulled it out, Darboh had a heck of a signature play in that game. It was 4th Down in the 1st OT with the clock ticking down. The Wolverines are trailing 24-17. They NEED a TD to stay alive.

Darboh juked his man out of his socks off the line ... and made a heck of a grab in the end zone for the touchdown. What makes it all the more impressive ... is when you consider WHO it was whom he badly beat -- Marshon Lattimore, the 1st CB taken in this weekend's NFL Draft (the Saints just took him #11 overall). Check out the top of screen and the move Darboh puts on Lattimore. When you consider the situation -- the fact that it's 4th down ... it's in hostile territory ... in front of 100,000 fans ... with the game and potentially the season the line, it makes that play all the more impressive indeed.

[youtube]mRYBafvyAAg[/youtube]

Seafan

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3omf80x2 said:
I don't know how many of you caught it this morning, but Hugh Millen on KJR reminded listeners about a key clutch play that Darboh made this past year. When you consider the situation and whom he made it against, it makes it all that more impressive. So, Michigan was playing Ohio State (in Columbus) -- last game before the bowl season kicked off. Ohio State came in to the game ranked #2 in the country ... Michigan was ranked #3. The game went to 2OT and though the Buckeyes pulled it out, Darboh had a heck of a signature play in that game. It was 4th Down in the 1st OT with the clock ticking down. The Wolverines are trailing 24-17. They NEED a TD to stay alive.

Darboh juked his man out of his socks off the line ... and made a heck of a grab in the end zone for the touchdown. What makes it all the more impressive ... is when you consider WHO it was whom he badly beat -- Marshon Lattimore, the 1st CB taken in this weekend's NFL Draft (the Saints just took him #11 overall). Check out the top of screen and the move Darboh puts on Lattimore. When you consider the situation -- the fact that it's 4th down ... it's in hostile territory ... in front of 100,000 fans ... with the game and potentially the season the line, it makes that play all the more impressive indeed.

[youtube]mRYBafvyAAg[/youtube]

Thanks for this. Nice post. This play and that incredible one handed Odell catch he made tells me all I need to know about his receiving abilities. He's more accomplished than the body catcher he's going to replace. He's a willing blocker and most of all he's going to be on the coverage teams and bring back the toughness that the Hawks need. That's the theme for this draft.

penihawk

Reaction score
I think he was undervalued in this draft and I had him as a should be and would be 3rd rounder for us. He just showed up every week for Michigan and if he would of been with a legit QB talent, he would of been drafted much higher. The guy is a ball player. :2thumbs: