themunn":26ahzurz said:
titan3131":26ahzurz said:
CHECK THIS OUT OMFG

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/zOuZGxFweG/[/instagram]

OMFG is right, that's awesome

And which previous claim does this support:

1, He had an "insane 103 tackles"
or
2. His poor physicality makes him a "nonfactor" for perimeter tackling?

I think with these lesser knowns it's better to admit that no one really knows what we're getting.

chris98251

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2nsb4s6r said:
The draft is about value. That is my point. Heck if you really like a guy and think he will succeed why not pick Smith in the first right?
So why did we wait till the third with Russel then? Russel has been far more important than Irvin for sure but we picked Irvin first because we operate off others boards as well.
He was projected as undrafted, not even priority free agent much like Statten was last year. I then stated we had three picks left we could have used to insure we got him.
I have nothing against the guy at all. I hope he succeeds it just looks like poor value when a guy like Bennet was sitting there to be had.
This opinion seems to get some people panties in a wad so whatever but like I said I had the same thoughts last year with Statten.

You are so WRONG, the draft is about getting players that will win you a Super Bowl, value is a grade people that are so called experts give prospects hoping that they are right. GM'S in the league rate them on how they fit their team, their chemistry, their personality, and what their mentality is like and if it will fit the philosophy they have.

There are 32 GM's in the league, I don't see anyone here's name listed in those 32.

When they pick is based on the profiles that most teams have of other teams needs along with how each GM and staff feel a players skill set is going to be looked at by other teams, that's why they pick them where they do, why Wilson was not a First round pick even though everyone says he had 1st round talent.

The Seahawks felt that they could get other players they wanted higher in the draft because of the way other teams perception of Wilson was.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
My favorite line every draft weekend..

"OMG THEY SO COULD HAVE GOT HIM IN ROUND 7! COME ON!"

As though no other team had him pegged as a nice corner.. :lol:

kobebryant

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2uf0t1tr said:

Especially with Gus, DQ, Norton and Marquand all working elsewhere now.

Hawks probably can't even risk having official interviews or visits with CBs anymore.

Exittium

Reaction score
Reminds me of another CB we have.. That was a WR...

Rocket

Reaction score
Timmahawk":2rwp1got said:
I'm surprised we are even using our picks since we could obviously sign everyone left as an UDFA
You're being sarcastic aren't you?? :twisted:
I love sarcasm, especially when it's relatively accurate.

kearly

Reaction score
Needs some meat on those bones. But he plays like his hair is on fire.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I wonder who John Schneider compares him to. He said we'd think he was crazy.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
This dude is a baller, graded positively against West Virginia's Kevin White (allowing just 1.48 Yards per Cover Snap).

6'0 tall, 32" arms, and 78" wingspan.

His 3.96 short shuttle was one of the best of the combine . . . Byron Jones was the only other player over six feet tall to record a sub-four second short shuttle. His 40 time is the only thing holding him back from elite SPARQ range.

[youtube]v0xsKYLRvTE[/youtube]

Welcome to the L.O.B.

Tempest_Crow

Reaction score
kobebryant":28u8vnmg said:
Hasselbeck":28u8vnmg said:

Especially with Gus, DQ, Norton and Marquand all working elsewhere now.

Hawks probably can't even risk having official interviews or visits with CBs anymore.

Holy Crap I actually hadn't been thinking about that. But we now have 5 or 6 coaches on other teams that have an intimate knowledge of how we go about or pick process. Making the option of waiting on a guy a riskier propsect.

Good point!

drdiags

Reaction score
Teams would never do it, but if the NFL could anonymously post all 32 teams final board after the draft I bet draftniks would lose their minds. Probably would be able to guess whose board belongs to whom so it will never happen. Money making proposition I bet.

Those are the boards that count. Todd's or Mel's or the other folks following the draft have invested quite a bit into this as an art but there always seems to be a disconnect between what outsiders think vs what teams think.

I remember folks laughing at the Cowboys for picking the center they did a couple years ago. Now folks talk about them assembling one of the finest OLines out there.

Absent knowing what each team's plan is for how they want to architect their team or how they rate players it is all just how you view the player vs some other player you thought was better for a team.

I didn't think much of Lane, Chancellor, Maxwell or Sherman when they came out. Because they were low round picks that looked like TC fodder. Didn't think Thurmond would recover and Browner was just the annual great Canadian hope.

Maybe Smith turns into my adopt-a-rookie player from a few years ago (LeGree) and doesn't make it out of TC. But maybe he responds and sticks around?

There is usually some blood shed after the draft and this looks like one of those picks that causes the holy war.

themunn

Reaction score
For sure his tackling ability means he'll make a positive impact on special teams at the very least. That will give him the opportunity to make the game day roster and get snaps to help his development.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1vbxyb4h said:
Natethegreat":1vbxyb4h said:
The draft is about value. That is my point. Heck if you really like a guy and think he will succeed why not pick Smith in the first right?
So why did we wait till the third with Russel then? Russel has been far more important than Irvin for sure but we picked Irvin first because we operate off others boards as well.
He was projected as undrafted, not even priority free agent much like Statten was last year. I then stated we had three picks left we could have used to insure we got him.
I have nothing against the guy at all. I hope he succeeds it just looks like poor value when a guy like Bennet was sitting there to be had.
This opinion seems to get some people panties in a wad so whatever but like I said I had the same thoughts last year with Statten.

You are so WRONG, the draft is about getting players that will win you a Super Bowl, value is a grade people that are so called experts give prospects hoping that they are right. GM'S in the league rate them on how they fit their team, their chemistry, their personality, and what their mentality is like and if it will fit the philosophy they have.

There are 32 GM's in the league, I don't see anyone here's name listed in those 32.

When they pick is based on the profiles that most teams have of other teams needs along with how each GM and staff feel a players skill set is going to be looked at by other teams, that's why they pick them where they do, why Wilson was not a First round pick even though everyone says he had 1st round talent.

The Seahawks felt that they could get other players they wanted higher in the draft because of the way other teams perception of Wilson was.

Perfect response.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
titan3131":12cz5pyu said:
CHECK THIS OUT OMFG

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/zOuZGxFweG/[/instagram]

It's hard to tell from this video, but Schneider mentioned in the presser that he forced a fumble on the tackle too. Right at the end you can see one of his teammates coming for the ball.

themunn

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3fxm5psz said:
It's hard to tell from this video, but Schneider mentioned in the presser that he forced a fumble on the tackle too. Right at the end you can see one of his teammates coming for the ball.

And that he wants to compare him to someone but everyone would think he is crazy

I wonder who he could be talking about :3:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
themunn":1sukvq79 said:
Seanhawk":1sukvq79 said:

And that he wants to compare him to someone but everyone would think he is crazy

I wonder who he could be talking about :3:

I thought it was obvious he was talking about Kelly Jennings.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":1x0w1uzv said:
MrThortan":1x0w1uzv said:
Reading his draft profile I don't see him getting past the practice squad this year. Could be a good long term project though.

lol
This Kind of comment reminds me of what a number of posters said after the 2011 draft. Alot of people were like whose this Sherman and Maxwell guys they'll be lucky to be backups (even though Trufant and Jennings sucked). Let's see what the staff can do before we pass judgment. The coaching in the nfl is so much better than in college.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Natethegreat":26x25hsf said:
I get that we pick who we like and we have certain traits we look for and a belief we can make something out of them but every freaking year we way over reach to get a lot of these guys.
Easily could have had this guy with either sixth round pick if not our seventh.
And you know this for a fact, right? We're you privy to all 32 team draft boards. Comments like these are so annoying since they are stated with such authority, yet it's a completely unfounded statement. Just because the talking heads (who incidentally only have the ability to grade players in the most general sense) think it's a reach doesn't make it true.

rideaducati

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2ips4r2z said:
Natethegreat":2ips4r2z said:
I get that we pick who we like and we have certain traits we look for and a belief we can make something out of them but every freaking year we way over reach to get a lot of these guys.
Easily could have had this guy with either sixth round pick if not our seventh.
And you know this for a fact, right? We're you privy to all 32 team draft boards. Comments like these are so annoying since they are stated with such authority, yet it's a completely unfounded statement. Just because the talking heads (who incidentally only have the ability to grade players in the most general sense) think it's a reach doesn't make it true.

These pundits have got to start somewhere. Mel Kiper can't live forever and has a 30+ year head start.

Latest posts