Please re-up Sheldon Richardson

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Cc5674":m8mq76at said:
chris98251":m8mq76at said:
Cc5674":m8mq76at said:
Richardson is going to command a Sun like deal and there are teams like the Browns who have a boatload of cap space to spend so I’m pretty sure Richardson will go to the highest bidder. I’m not sold on Richardson. He is in a contract year so he is starting to show up. Give him a fat contract and with his questionable past he could be the biggest gamble out there. I think the Seahawks could use that cap space more effectively. Sheldon Richardson has character issues and you cannot anchor a team to someone so unreliable. There are too many holes to fill.

Um so much wrong here, first you need to see how he was used, second he may go to the highest bidder granted or maybe where he thinks he is respected and feels like part of the family for a bit less with a chance to win, he has been on a losing team and probably appreciates the different environment. He has done everything asked and more, he is getting attention freeing up others to make plays, not to mention he is making plays on his own, fumble recovery and a interception in the same game speaks for itself.

As far as a questionable past, other then his issue with Marshall it's pretty much a non issue, he has been such a problem here that the locker room appears to love him as well as the rest of the defense. I also expect him to be resigned, 2nd rounder and Kearse isn't something you give to a one and done player.

When has he been unreliable ? Guy has played lights out since he has been in the league, even when asked to play out of position he still held his own. You don't get rid of guys that can push the pocket, pass rush, play multiple positions, run stop and eat up blockers for others to make plays.

I will take all the unreliable players I can get if they play like this guy does and is the cancer he is in our locker room.

I respectfully disagree. Sheldon Richardson has too many skeletons in his closet to invest a large sum of cap space into. His HC in NewYork was one of the most respected defensive coordinators in the league and he let him go for pretty much nothing. Defensive coaches just don’t do that to young talented players unless there’s something wrong. Sheldon is showing up in a contract year but he was a ghost in NY last season. Remember it’s going to take a lot of money to have him sign for that second contract. Seahawks would be better served letting someone else make that mistake. You are dead wrong about Sheldon because he is a cancer. A cancer that will spread once he gets paid! You need to stop trying to sound like you know what you’re saying and do your homework. Your point is all based on your speculation of how Sheldon Richardson will play once he gets a big payday. I think Todd Bowles knew the answer to that question before the season started.

Funny when someone says "I respectfully disagree" then tells a poster to "stop trying to sound like you know what you’re saying and do your homework". I'm guessing you didn't like the trade in general because you believe he will be a "cancer" to the team but the trade has happened and SR has done everything the team has asked of him. Saying that Richardson is only playing well because he is in a contract year IS YOUR SPECULATION and is absurdly subjective. He is here and has played well, why do still have a beef with him? I can see making a "cancer" to the team argument before he is on the team but once he is here, why not expect great play from him, which he has shown.

The Jets are loaded with talent on the defensive line and the idea that Todd Bowles is the sole proprietor of whether a player stays or goes is ridiculous. They recently signed Wilkerson to a massive deal and have a young upstart in Leonard Williams. You think the Jets can keep all 3? It is not possible so the Jets got some value for Richardson before his contract ran out and Seattle was more than happy to abide. Your argument sounds emotional more than anything else.

So far your opinion is wrong and it is looking like SR will be a cornerstone to our defense in the future. Things can change but if he keeps playing like he has, this is a great pick up.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I can see both sides of the argument. My view is this, I would rather the Seahawks take a chance on a 27-year-old Pro Bowl Dlinemen then extend or keep a former pro bowl 33-year-old linemen.

Josea16

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2igv7qqx said:
I have no doubt we'll try our hardest to extend Richardson.

It shouldn't even be hard with Graham, Avril and maybe even Bennett's contract off the books next off season.

If I had to guess NOW? Graham is gone, Avril is gone and Bennett is asked to restructure. More than enough cap space to give Richardson a fat new contract.

Obviously things can change, but you don't let a player like Richardson go. You just don't.
Correct. Pass Rush DT's are barely more rare then franchise quarterbacks and he can play inside/outside like Bennett? Then we probably have two maybe in 6-7 weeks? With McDowell in play possibly. And Clark and Jones. Of course you build your DL inside/out and dump Avril and Bennett. It's not even a question.

If you have a Calias Campbell type it doesn't matter what you have for the rest of the DL. If you have McDowell, Richardson, Jones, Clark and whatever we are cooking with gas for the next 5 years minimum.

chris98251

Reaction score
Cc5674":2ycl95iu said:
chris98251":2ycl95iu said:
Cc5674":2ycl95iu said:
Richardson is going to command a Sun like deal and there are teams like the Browns who have a boatload of cap space to spend so I’m pretty sure Richardson will go to the highest bidder. I’m not sold on Richardson. He is in a contract year so he is starting to show up. Give him a fat contract and with his questionable past he could be the biggest gamble out there. I think the Seahawks could use that cap space more effectively. Sheldon Richardson has character issues and you cannot anchor a team to someone so unreliable. There are too many holes to fill.

Um so much wrong here, first you need to see how he was used, second he may go to the highest bidder granted or maybe where he thinks he is respected and feels like part of the family for a bit less with a chance to win, he has been on a losing team and probably appreciates the different environment. He has done everything asked and more, he is getting attention freeing up others to make plays, not to mention he is making plays on his own, fumble recovery and a interception in the same game speaks for itself.

As far as a questionable past, other then his issue with Marshall it's pretty much a non issue, he has been such a problem here that the locker room appears to love him as well as the rest of the defense. I also expect him to be resigned, 2nd rounder and Kearse isn't something you give to a one and done player.

When has he been unreliable ? Guy has played lights out since he has been in the league, even when asked to play out of position he still held his own. You don't get rid of guys that can push the pocket, pass rush, play multiple positions, run stop and eat up blockers for others to make plays.

I will take all the unreliable players I can get if they play like this guy does and is the cancer he is in our locker room.

I respectfully disagree. Sheldon Richardson has too many skeletons in his closet to invest a large sum of cap space into. His HC in NewYork was one of the most respected defensive coordinators in the league and he let him go for pretty much nothing. Defensive coaches just don’t do that to young talented players unless there’s something wrong. Sheldon is showing up in a contract year but he was a ghost in NY last season. Remember it’s going to take a lot of money to have him sign for that second contract. Seahawks would be better served letting someone else make that mistake. You are dead wrong about Sheldon because he is a cancer. A cancer that will spread once he gets paid! You need to stop trying to sound like you know what you’re saying and do your homework. Your point is all based on your speculation of how Sheldon Richardson will play once he gets a big payday. I think Todd Bowles knew the answer to that question before the season started.

So Defensive Rookie of the year, All Pro doesn't matter, he wasn't playing hard enough to earn those honors because it's a contract year and now he has to play? Your credibility is in the same place my turds float and gets flushed.

Cc5674

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":41vno5zd said:
Cc5674":41vno5zd said:
chris98251":41vno5zd said:
Cc5674":41vno5zd said:

Funny when someone says "I respectfully disagree" then tells a poster to "stop trying to sound like you know what you’re saying and do your homework". I'm guessing you didn't like the trade in general because you believe he will be a "cancer" to the team but the trade has happened and SR has done everything the team has asked of him. Saying that Richardson is only playing well because he is in a contract year IS YOUR SPECULATION and is absurdly subjective. He is here and has played well, why do still have a beef with him? I can see making a "cancer" to the team argument before he is on the team but once he is here, why not expect great play from him, which he has shown.

The Jets are loaded with talent on the defensive line and the idea that Todd Bowles is the sole proprietor of whether a player stays or goes is ridiculous. They recently signed Wilkerson to a massive deal and have a young upstart in Leonard Williams. You think the Jets can keep all 3? It is not possible so the Jets got some value for Richardson before his contract ran out and Seattle was more than happy to abide. Your argument sounds emotional more than anything else.

So far your opinion is wrong and it is looking like SR will be a cornerstone to our defense in the future. Things can change but if he keeps playing like he has, this is a great pick up.
Sorry but you are just wrong. If the Seahawks resign Richardson they will REGRET it!

Cc5674

Reaction score
chris98251":155nrmg0 said:
Cc5674":155nrmg0 said:
chris98251":155nrmg0 said:
Cc5674":155nrmg0 said:

So Defensive Rookie of the year, All Pro doesn't matter, he wasn't playing hard enough to earn those honors because it's a contract year and now he has to play? Your credibility is in the same place my turds float and gets flushed.

Your credibility was evidenced by your juvenile post. What are you a spoiled 10 yr old still stuck in the anal phase? Your ignorance will be ignored from this point forward. Buy a Sheldon Richardson Jersey! Just find a good place to hide it when the REAL Sheldon gets paid. Seriously your post was below juvenile.

Seymour

Reaction score
Cc5674":169nibrc said:
Sorry but you are just wrong. If the Seahawks resign Richardson they will REGRET it!

Instead of getting caught up in the banter, how about stating the reasons why you think this? I have to believe it goes beyond character issues. I am undecided on Richardson myself, and am not so sure signing him to a huge deal is in the best interest of the team (for other reasons like O vs D spending). But I would invite to hear your reasons why you believe this.

Edit...I read some of your prior posts and have a better understanding now. I have to agree that there is the possibility it could blow up on them too. I won't go as far as to say it "will" yet though.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Good lord. Signing Sheldon to an extension should be one of our top priorities going forward and if he isn't it will be completely irresponsible to let a top-end DT who is so young walk without trying. The state of our d-line going forward is actually going to become pretty questionable considering Avril's injury, his and Bennett's ages, McDowell's injury/inexperience at the NFL level. Obviously Frank Clark is in the long-term plans and he's been developing into a really nice player, but other than that we don't have the firepower that we've seen since 2012 once Avril/Bennett are off the books or become rotational role players.

Richardson gives us the opportunity to keep some of the d-line momentum going and solidify some serious talent. He was undervalued and underutilized in NY, he's apparently being undervalued here by some fans. If he produces like he should and keeps his nose clean, he will, at the very least, be worth franchising if we think his asking price is going to get out of hand or not be very cap-friendly.

massari

Reaction score
They aren't going to sign Richardson to an extension yet. They are going to place the franchise tag on him for possibly the next two seasons (for sure one) then make the decision on an extension.

Seymour

Reaction score
massari":1pjq1yja said:
They aren't going to sign Richardson to an extension yet. They are going to place the franchise tag on him for possibly the next two seasons (for sure one) then make the decision on an extension.

Could be. That would be $13.3M for the 2017 season at DT.

Problem is, Pete and John have yet to use that option so there is no precedent to say yes for sure.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Seymour":25hbfhct said:
massari":25hbfhct said:

Problem is, Pete and John have yet to use that option so there is no precedent to say yes for sure.

Agreed. I don't think the franchise tag is a 100% lock to happen, but it's by far the most likely outcome at the end of this season in regards to keeping him around.

massari

Reaction score
Seymour":1b5sok5h said:
massari":1b5sok5h said:

Not sure, but I think the only reason they didn't use the tag on Russell Wilson was because they didn't have the cap room that year. I think otherwise they would've used it on him for a couple years.

chris98251

Reaction score
Cc5674":1hhtct45 said:
chris98251":1hhtct45 said:
Cc5674":1hhtct45 said:
chris98251":1hhtct45 said:

Your credibility was evidenced by your juvenile post. What are you a spoiled 10 yr old still stuck in the anal phase? Your ignorance will be ignored from this point forward. Buy a Sheldon Richardson Jersey! Just find a good place to hide it when the REAL Sheldon gets paid. Seriously your post was below juvenile.

Good, I won't need to respond to the troll drool you call a post then. As far as Anal you may like it since your heads up your ass anyway.

I will think of you when I have my next Colon exam how ever.

Oh and evidence of the impact he had with the Jets, their D line has zero sacks since he left to date.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/18/jets-looking-for-first-sack-from-defensive-line/

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If you're looking at the big picture of the state of our D-line, I don't see any way we don't give Richardson a massive contract in the off season, or franchise him.

- Avril is probably done
- Bennett's on the downhill slide
- McDowell is a HUGE question mark going forward

That leaves Clark, that's it. Just can't let Richardson walk, we just can't.

hawk45

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":32tqwa3l said:
If you're looking at the big picture of the state of our D-line, I don't see any way we don't give Richardson a massive contract in the off season, or franchise him.

- Avril is probably done
- Bennett's on the downhill slide
- McDowell is a HUGE question mark going forward

That leaves Clark, that's it. Just can't let Richardson walk, we just can't.

I can't see any argument with the above.

I see Richardson constantly drawing a double-team and still distorting the pocket in the middle, and everyone else benefiting from it. After the Aaron Curry years I disdain the "he's making a difference even if you can't see it" excuse for a player not being conspicuously impactful on the field, but to me Richardson is conspicuously impactful if you watch him, and I have my eyes on him ever play.

The guy is special and young, and players who get push and pressure up the middle are as common as unicorns.

massari

Reaction score
Also, the NFL might make a rule that makes players stand during the anthem, and Bennett has said he'll continue to sit. Maybe he'll be suspended/fined enough to warrant retirement.

Seymour

Reaction score
massari":2ni9zxwv said:
Also, the NFL might make a rule that makes players stand during the anthem, and Bennett has said he'll continue to sit. Maybe he'll be suspended/fined enough to warrant retirement.

Godd passed on making that a rule. They have said they would like them to, but no fines or actions against if they don't......for now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
massari":g0jawv7u said:

That'll never happen, it'd have to be collective bargained with the NFLPA, and they'd never agree to that.

Goodell's just had to make a statement that sounded awesome to the owners and minority of pissed off fans about the protesting.