Poll: Can Geno Take Us All The Way

Do you believe Geno Smith can take the Seahawks to the Super Bowl and win?

• Yes

Votes: 65 43.6%
  • No

Votes: 62 41.6%
  • I am not sure

Votes: 22 14.8%

• Total voters

seahawks08

Reaction score
No we can’t go to the Superbowl with Geno calling. Unfortunately as I see the playoffs the teams get more creative and smarter in trying to defend. We need an element of running QB, or an elite pocket passer to win the divisional rounds and the championship. Otherwise we need a boatload of offensive playmakers that can get yards after catch. We cannot have that kind of a team where all of this have to work. We build the defense as much as we can and have a signal caller who can capitalize on opportunities and can either run . What Geno brings us accuracy and distributing the ball. He does force things as a tendency that creates turnovers. He can get better next year for sure but he can’t cover for deficiencies in the team. What I mean is if a Tyler Locket or a DK or the run game stalls, he won’t be able to overcome that with his run or throwing more and playing error free football.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
No we can’t go to the Superbowl with Geno calling. Unfortunately as I see the playoffs the teams get more creative and smarter in trying to defend. We need an element of running QB, or an elite pocket passer to win the divisional rounds and the championship. Otherwise we need a boatload of offensive playmakers that can get yards after catch. We cannot have that kind of a team where all of this have to work. We build the defense as much as we can and have a signal caller who can capitalize on opportunities and can either run . What Geno brings us accuracy and distributing the ball. He does force things as a tendency that creates turnovers. He can get better next year for sure but he can’t cover for deficiencies in the team. What I mean is if a Tyler Locket or a DK or the run game stalls, he won’t be able to overcome that with his run or throwing more and playing error free football.
You mean like Montana - Jerry Rice? Like Wilson - Sydney Rice, Tate, Baldwin, DK, & Lockett, 'Beastmode'?
Geno HAS taken off running several times, even in the playoff game against the 49rs.
It was our 'Also Ran Defense' & not Geno that allowed Brock Purdy, Samuel, McCaffery, Kittle and others, in other words, the 49rs "Boatload of Offensive Playmakers" that GOT a crapload of Yards "After Catch" to run up the score.
Geno Smith does NOT have enough Offensive Weapons, and because of that, he takes chances at trying to make plays that just aren't there.
Let's face it, the 49rs Defense is just too Young, Fast & tenacious at containing JUST ONE or TWO Offensive facets.
Geno, like ANY other Quarterback needs help, just like Brock Purdy has been afforded.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
As soon I quit laughing about all of your capitalization i'll respond.

Wow he flourished for 9 games behind a crap Oline and crap defense. So what. Wilson did that for years. What happened to Geno those other games by the way?

The only money you should be using is for your therapist if you truly believe Smith could ever take an NFL team to the dance.
Again with the talking out your a$$, not surprising, just Nerdly.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Just get back to me when the great Geno Smith does anything more than lose in the first Wild Card game.
Like I said, Talkin' Out The A$$, nothing unusual about your SAME LAME A$$ED shpiel.
AND OH LOOK, even Dak Prescott couldn't put up as many points as Geno Smith, and HE HAS a WAAAAY BETTER DEFENSE.
KNOWING I'm right just galls the sh*t outta ya don't it Pitty LOLOLOLOLOLOL

seahawks08

Reaction score
You mean like Montana - Jerry Rice? Like Wilson - Sydney Rice, Tate, Baldwin, DK, & Lockett, 'Beastmode'?
Geno HAS taken off running several times, even in the playoff game against the 49rs.
It was our 'Also Ran Defense' & not Geno that allowed Brock Purdy, Samuel, McCaffery, Kittle and others, in other words, the 49rs "Boatload of Offensive Playmakers" that GOT a crapload of Yards "After Catch" to run up the score.
Geno Smith does NOT have enough Offensive Weapons, and because of that, he takes chances at trying to make plays that just aren't there.
Let's face it, the 49rs Defense is just too Young, Fast & tenacious at containing JUST ONE or TWO Offensive facets.
Geno, like ANY other Quarterback needs help, just like Brock Purdy has been afforded.
Geno has a ceiling from watching the last few games. Probably not having Goodwin made a difference. When you advance in playoffs you will have to carry the team to win. I don’t feel he has shown me that except in first half of the season. If defenses caught up to our tendencies we got to be more error free and execute. Giving away possessions and not able to convert in red zone are challenges. He definitely will be better, unfortunately I don’t see him able to carry the team against elite defense to take us and win us the SB. I would be elated and happy if I am wrong but just my assessment.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Geno has a ceiling from watching the last few games. Probably not having Goodwin made a difference. When you advance in playoffs you will have to carry the team to win. I don’t feel he has shown me that except in first half of the season. If defenses caught up to our tendencies we got to be more error free and execute. Giving away possessions and not able to convert in red zone are challenges. He definitely will be better, unfortunately I don’t see him able to carry the team against elite defense to take us and win us the SB. I would be elated and happy if I am wrong but just my assessment.
This is where I'm at too. I like Geno, but I'm not in love with him. During every championship run, there are times where the qb has to make big plays in seemingly impossible situations, instead of throwing picks or fumbling. Geno just isn't that guy, and never has been. Asking a 32 yr old qb to suddenly become that guy is asking a leopard to change its spots. Just not realistic, no matter how good the team is around him. And if I'm eventually proven wrong, then yayy for us. Geno for president.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

Outside of Mahomes, Allen and Burrow, every QB has a ceiling.

All we're debating now is cost.

Like every other top 10-12 QB, if Geno's defense plays well and his line protects well and the run game is rolling? He can be a VERY productive QB.

When 2-3 of those things aren't there? Yep, just like every other QB in the league outside of the elite ones, it doesn't usually go well.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Not saying that Geno doesn't have deficiencies, but in all FAIRNESS, a lot of Geno detractors are comparing apples to oranges here, for instance, count the number of Offensive weapons at Brock Purdy's disposal to those of Geno Smiths', then look at the MANY MORE opportunities afforded Purdy because of his kick-butt Defense, who has FEWER "Weapons" to defend = a lopsided TOP.
Yes, a good Quarterback can elevate the players around them, but if he's not being afforded MORE opportunities because the Defense isn't holding up their end of the bargain? = no soap.
Some excellent examples -> see the Cincy'- Buffalo game, or even the 49rs - Cowboys.
The teams who win, Obviously have an EDGE, and the 49rs had a GREAT BIG ONE over the Seahawks in last weeks' game, did they not?
Quarterbacks are only as good as their "Supporting Cast"
That Loss was not confined nor did Define Geno Smith as the Lone Reason for that loss.
So I say, IF surrounded with the right players, Geno CAN absolutely take a team ALL THE WAY.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Like I said, Talkin' Out The A$$, nothing unusual about your SAME LAME A$$ED shpiel.
AND OH LOOK, even Dak Prescott couldn't put up as many points as Geno Smith, and HE HAS a WAAAAY BETTER DEFENSE.
KNOWING I'm right just galls the sh*t outta ya don't it Pitty LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Dak didnt get three tries and he also won a post season game this year.

Like I said, when Geno does anything other than lose in the first round, let me know.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Dak didnt get three tries and he also won a post season game this year.

Like I said, when Geno does anything other than lose in the first round, let me know.
Hmm, did somebody just fart? ^^^^^^^^^, YEP t'was pitty opening up with even more nonsense comin' out the Blow Hole.
OH!, OH!, OH! AND lest I forget--->>go P*$$ up a rope Pittsburgh-Panther.
And
Sorry in advance Mods, I just will not let this jerk-wad keep on keeping on with his talking crap.
Back & forth debates on issues is one thing, but his posting to just flame? HELL TO THE NO!

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Hmm, did somebody just fart? ^^^^^^^^^, YEP t'was pitty opening up with even more nonsense comin' out the Blow Hole.
OH!, OH!, OH! AND lest I forget--->>go P*$$ up a rope Pittsburgh-Panther.
And
Sorry in advance Mods, I just will not let this jerk-wad keep on keeping on with his talking crap.
Back & forth debates on issues is one thing, but his posting to just flame? HELL TO THE NO!

Lol. Such authority. Lol.

Blazin Hawk

Reaction score
Can Geno do it? No.. but he could manage an offense along with a top tier defense and maybe get there.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Can Geno do it? No.. but he could manage an offense along with a top tier defense and maybe get there.
LOLOLOLOL You say "No but he could manage an Offense along with a top tier defense" and if that were to happen, then MAYBE it could turn into a YES????
LOL I've been known to flip-flop a time or two, but it's usually when I've had a shot or two of 90 proof.
It just amazes me how some folks Qualify, or Quantify....Like "Let Me Know When He Can Take a Team to AND WIN a Playoff Game"..... And to that I say Jesus Christ on a Crutch.. Genos' FIRST time at the Helm in what, EIGHT OR NINE YEARS?? And he's broken records, IS RANKED in the TOP TEN, and with a SHIT DEFENSE, and a SPUTTERING and INCONSISTENT Run Game, Took the Seahawks (who were supposed to suck balls this year without Wilson) TO THE PLAYOFFS, Just over 4,200 yards, AND the Pro Bowl.
Give Geno the 49rs PLETHORA of Offensive Weaponry, and that Kick your a$$ Defense, and tell me that you don't think that Geno could go to a Super Bowl.

Last edited:

Blazin Hawk

Reaction score
it’s not a “flip flop” at all.. I’m just saying he’s not good enough to outscore teams on his own (like some elite QB’s we’ve seen over the years) but if he has a good defense he can likely win some playoff games. You’re literally saying what I’m saying in your last sentence.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm sure you have YOUR reasons for this^^^, BUT, hey, you know what Soul? I DON'T CARE what they are.....Sometimes it's better to just I-G-N-O-R-E things you don't like.
IF you're not a part of the fix? SILENCE is the best approach, eh?
dear god man, lighten up. It was just a funny GIF, nothing more.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If Brock Purdy can get to the NFCCG, Geno Smith can quarterback a team to the big dance.

It all depends on the overall talent of the roster.

Nick Foles and Trent Dilfer won Super Bowls.

Case Keenum made a championship game.

Blake Bortles quarterbacked a Jaguars team that got screwed out of making it to the big dance by the referees.

Surely, you've all seen every single one of these teams in the postseason. They're all in recent history other than Dilfer. How can one see all of that and then say "but Geno can't make it?"

That just doesn't compute

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Yes at $25 mil a year 3 year deal with incentives for playoffs and wins. He needs to realize Seattle gave him a chance to showcase what many knew he already had which is a guy with incredible arm talent that needed to mature some mentally and he has. He put up some very nice numbers this year we just need to revamp the front 7 defensively and we’ll be right back in the mix on par with the elites. Carter and Simpson would be a nice start and we have the ammo to make it happen

Latest posts