Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Rookie draft pick starting

Votes: 47 85.5%
  • Trade

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

seabowl

Reaction score
Unless they get a highly touted rookie qb it probably should and will be Geno especially if Pete stays.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
The option not listed is trade. You might get Cousins or Herbert, but it would be expensive.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
The option not listed is trade. You might get Cousins or Herbert, but it would be expensive.
I can’t believe I forgot that, thank you. Added the option of trade.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Unless they get a highly touted rookie qb it probably should and will be Geno especially if Pete stays.
The way we are dropping now...odds are getting better that we get a higher draft pick..but will it be high enough is the question? I don't know anything about this next years draft QB class.

Seahawker

Reaction score
One of the X-men, Nix or Penix with our natural first rounder (NO TRADE DOWN)
No screwing around, no waiting until the 3rd round. We'll likely pick somewhere between #12 & #22, hopefully they can secure a QB who has a fighting chance at being our QBOTF.

JGreen79

Reaction score
One of the X-men, Nix or Penix with our natural first rounder (NO TRADE DOWN)
No screwing around, no waiting until the 3rd round. We'll likely pick somewhere between #12 & #22, hopefully they can secure a QB who has a fighting chance at being our QBOTF.

1st rd qb is a waste of cap space for a Pete Carroll offense. His offense will always just need a "Point guard". You can get that in a later round.

renofox

Reaction score
It's a sad day when Cousins name is being tossed around like he can be a savior or huge upgrade. Says a lot about Geno.

Just draft a QB and let's get the ball rolling already.
The upcoming draft is the best for QBs in a long time. Plenty of legitimate shots at successfully finding that elusive Franchise QBOTF.

If there is any competency whatsoever in the front office, they MUST choose one as their 1st round pick. They MUST take a shot.

That being said, I have serious doubts that they will even try to fake competency by taking that shot.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Third round pick Greyson McCall C.C.

A friend of mine went to Coastal Carolina and we have paid close attention to McCall for the past few years. He seems to have regressed some. Not sure i'm as confident with that pick as I was a year or two ago, but great shout out nontheless.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Depends on whether Carroll is here. If he is, just keep Geno and continue to ride out the wait. If no Carroll then draft a QB and start the overdue rebuild.

knownone

Reaction score
It depends on where they end up drafting. If they have a shot at a good prospect, pull the trigger. If not, they will probably not find a better cost/performance option than Geno in free agency.

GemCity

Reaction score
Draft one…let him sit behind Geno for a year or two.

PC won’t be here forever. JS needs to enforce, and get his way, with selecting a QB.

Not knocking PC and/or Geno at all, but we need to groom a guy and not focus on aging veterans.

Totally disagree with the thought of not taking a guy as they are not “better” than your current QB. Unless they’re a Stroud or Richardson type, rookie QBs benefit from sitting..and learning…until it’s their time to shine.

Of course, if the guy(s) JS loves aren’t available, it is what it is. No need to force it. But, this next rounds appears to be one of the better drafts for QBs.

I’d take a shot for sure.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I can't imagine paying Geno $13M next season or whatever it is, think it might be more. I want to see them draft a guy. Might have to roll with a vet for a year but I still can't imagine Geno at that amount.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
I can't imagine paying Geno $13M next season or whatever it is, think it might be more. I want to see them draft a guy. Might have to roll with a vet for a year but I still can't imagine Geno at that amount.
I believe it’s 25 million

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
It's a sad day when Cousins name is being tossed around like he can be a savior or huge upgrade. Says a lot about Geno.

Just draft a QB and let's get the ball rolling already.
Reality check. Geno is ranked #16 and Cousins #6. Or just compare their stats this year. A rookie QB is always a crapshoot, especially if he is the 4th or 5th taken, which may be what we’re left with.