Poll: What to blame for this loss

What were the two main reasons for losing?

• C-mike fumbling at the end

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • The offensive line

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • The officiating

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Bevell

Votes: 106 60.2%
  • Wilson's ankle

Votes: 28 15.9%

• Total voters

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":39nr2hmf said:
We have a solid team that will contend for the Super Bowl. I guess every fanbase has the usual overreactionists who can't see the forest for the trees.

Super Bowl contender? You've got to be kidding! This Offense has to show more than it has so far.

mrt144

Reaction score
If they get 4 tds next game or nothing is forgiven. They'res been almost exactly 5 minutes of meaningful football played and we're 50/50 in it.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
It's got to be Wilson's ankle. Usually he can bail out not only thr offensive line, but Bevell too.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Ankle is the biggest reason. He missed some throws and there were more to be made. Also, he could've made more plays with his legs. Extend one drive.....you can see where it goes.

Poor game planning/Bevell is the other big one. This will be proven next week when the Rams play whoever and they score 21 on them.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Just too many changes/lack of continuity to face and prosper in the face of an excellent Rams defense.
CMike instead of Rawls, mostly new OL that's not used to playing together, Russell can't plant and throw normally with his usual accuracy, never mind the scrambling.

All that said, we were in position to win the game at the end. CMike puts it on the ground and game over.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I can't fathom how anyone is blaming Michael or calling playing him over Rawls as a reason. He is much more effective at the moment and was one of our only bright spots all day. Strange.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":2uze71dn said:
Can't see the poll, I'm on my phone.

Is "scored less points" an option?

My answer also. Damn, I'm agreeing with pmed...now I know I'm getting old. :les:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
dogorama":2ob2asjw said:
none of the above

Do expand my friend...

(For the record I chose offensive line because at the end of the day, their front destroyed our line which of course destroyed any chance to get any real running game going which would have set up effective play action and so on and so on and so on....)

dogorama

Reaction score
Aros":hx2x9d4q said:
dogorama":hx2x9d4q said:
none of the above

Do expand my friend...

(For the record I chose offensive line because at the end of the day, their front destroyed our line which of course destroyed any chance to get any real running game going which would have set up effective play action and so on and so on and so on....)

I didn't mean to offend anyone, my comment merely meant that I couldn't identify
one single listed reason.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
No offense taken...Just curious what your take would be.

dogorama

Reaction score
Aros":28qe9lsf said:
No offense taken...Just curious what your take would be.

I didn't notice that there were two reasons but the obvious answer is O-Line and RW's ankle but even more than that is the opposing team's defensive scheme in both games. Miami's DC, Vance Joseph, put together a really good scheme that anticipated our game plan and then the Rams merely copied it.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Rawls: Don't know who decides which players are on the field but Rawls is not ahead of C-Mike at this time and trying to force it was a huge mistake.

Wilson: Mostly his ankle but his throws were off all day and he didn't manipulate the pocket well at all.

Richard (DC) : This was against a back up level QB that was rattled badly the week prior. Too many times we tried to play base defense when we should have had a heavy game plan of blitz's and stunt's. We should have come away from this game with multiple turn overs.

Bevell: I really thought there were some poor choices on play calling like two runs up the middle with Collins after C-Mike had generated positive momentum and on the next drive going all pass. Again not getting the ball in C-Mikes hands.

Officiating: It was bad overall for both teams but the nature of some of the calls were deadly and most of the real bad ones hurt us way more than the Rams.

Our offense is way out of sync with Wilson hobbled. Unfortunately he has not yet grasped the nuances of being a true pocket QB who can manipulate the pocket and that in turn causes all sorts of issues for the entire offense. It should be understandable why play calling looked as bad as it did considering Bevell needed to draw up an unfamiliar game plan and the offense needed to execute it and with errant passes and disrupted timing, it is not surprising we struggled against a very good defense that is designed to minimize our strengths.

All that said a couple small things could have easily changed the outcome. Take away some bad or ticky tacky calls or lean on C-mike and use Rawls sparingly until he proves he is the better back. Changing play calling might have helped but it is just as likely we wouldn't have been able to execute a different game plan anyway.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2266891h said:
Rawls: Don't know who decides which players are on the field but Rawls is not ahead of C-Mike at this time and trying to force it was a huge mistake.
Agreed. Considering he missed all preseason they should have eased him in slowly and promoted him to starter only once and if he proved to have exceeded C Mike.

I think it was the very first Hawks offensive play of the game where Rawls got the ball and almost immediately cut hard right to the outside, and got nailed in a TFL, when on replay you can the gigantic hole being opened up between Britt and Webb. If either he or CM had hit it, it was big yardage for the taking.

RW looked, and passed, much more to his left than to his right, it's possible there are reasons for that. His comfort-level on the ankle? Nervousness about being blindsided if not looking left?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Wish there were an option for "other injuries". Lack of Thomas Rawls, Germain Ifedi, and Nick Vannett were huge, and will be ongoing.

TwilightError

Reaction score
scutterhawk":33h7y9bn said:
None on the list of options.....Nobody was going to wrest the win away from the Rams & the powers that be of the NFL.

The closest on the above polling list was the shitty Officiating; there were some God-Awful calls & non-calls.

Nobody was going to be allowed to deny the Rams their L.A. Grand Opener Homecoming, NOBODY !

This. All of it.

Latest posts