Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Cleveland

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Throwdown":gtae7p5w said:
Plus the last time curry made a shot was to tie it at 83, curry was gone for a whole quarter and some change, he was awful down the stretch.

Curry was basically gone for the entire series. To be fair, I don't think he ever fully recovered from his injury in the Houston series.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Throwdown":c7hw536g said:
No body was more miserable than Seattle and Cleveland, I can't think of any other cities that are starving.

Buffalo? or maybe Minnesota..at least NFL wise

Throwdown

Reaction score
I think in terms of major cities with or had all three major sports, we lost our NBA team so it was pretty bad for us til SB48. Cleveland couldn't catch a break and now they got there's. Those people should be excused from work for a week to celebrate, it's been 52 years

Throwdown

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3q2kejoi said:
Throwdown":3q2kejoi said:
Plus the last time curry made a shot was to tie it at 83, curry was gone for a whole quarter and some change, he was awful down the stretch.

Curry was basically gone for the entire series. To be fair, I don't think he ever fully recovered from his injury in the Houston series.

I don't think he was either, but a slowed curry is still better than 90% of the league.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Honestly, happy that Cleveland got some sort of championship.

However, the NBA reminds me of the WWF. Fouls are only called to even out the score, they don't call traveling, carrying or anything else.

I bet I have watched a total of one game of NBA basketball since the Sonics were stolen from Seattle. I do know the quality of basketball is a lot worse than it used to be. I am not saying the players are worse but the quality is.

86Hawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":nadcwugg said:
JSeahawks":nadcwugg said:
knownone":nadcwugg said:
Seems the Lebron fan boys are out in full force...

GSW - 23 fouls
GSW - 13 foul shot

Cavs - 15 fouls
Cavs - 25 foul shots

Lebron James - eFG% 45, Points 27, TO Ratio - 11.8 Free throws 8 of 10... went 1-8 from the field down the stretch
Lebron fan boys reaction - "great night, played awesome"

Steph Curry - eFG% - 50, Points - 17, TO Ratio - 10.4, Free throws 1 of 1... went 2-5 from the field down the stretch
Lebron fan boy reaction - "cost his team the game, played awful down the stretch"

Interesting...

You don't get fouled much when you're shooting jump shots.

Exactly

This was a battle of two contrasting styles, you had a physical attack the basket team with Cleveland, and a team who creates open jump shots for their players.

Cleveland will always shoot from the stripe just because of how they play.

Yep. Golden state lives and dies with the 3 pointer, and tonight they couldnt hit their shots.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
storm74":1qsst1xf said:
Honestly, happy that Cleveland got some sort of championship.

However, the NBA reminds me of the WWF. Fouls are only called to even out the score, they don't call traveling, carrying or anything else.

I bet I have watched a total of one game of NBA basketball since the Sonics were stolen from Seattle. I do know the quality of basketball is a lot worse than it used to be. I am not saying the players are worse but the quality is.
Agree.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3478zywa said:
Hawk-Lock":3478zywa said:
Sports Hernia":3478zywa said:
Ex ref Tim Donaghy admitted they rigged games certain way and those instructions came from the League Office (see Stern and cronies) and the over/under lines he (Tim) and other refs were betting on.

I read his book about 5 years ago and don't remember anything about it coming from Stern and the NBA. From what I remember he got mixed up with some mob guys that basically forced him to fix these games. He talked about how him and the other refs would make side bets between each other on certain things such as who can eject a certain player first, or who can give this or that coach a technical foul.
Just heard him on an interview yesterday. Yes he got mixed up with some mob guys as well, but he said mandates came from the league office (see Stern and friends) on how to officiate certain games, usually important games including playoffs.

The guy is probably a scumbag no doubt, but he worked for scumbags like Stern......... the FBI also said he was being truthful.....

So do the higher ups mandate how to officiate games in order to help certain teams win or just in general? In other words, are they being told to call extra fouls on a particular team, or just how to make the call when they see it either way? Basketball has to be the hardest sport to officiate, so I wouldn't be surprised if the higher ups had to weigh in on certain matters.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Every year, on every message board I frequent, the NBA finals discussions are always like 80% posts about how it's rigged, and 20% people actually talking about the game. I thought the officiating was pretty good in all the playoffs/finals games I watched this year.

I'm happy for Cleveland. It must suck being a sports fan in that city. It's also cool to see a team come back from being down 3-1, especially since it was against the defending champs who won 73 regular season games this year. I know this is a bit cliche, but it just seemed like Cleveland's players really wanted it more. They all looked so poised and determined.

I don't have a problem with Golden State, but they just won a championship, and everyone and their brother has been carrying on about Curry/Thompson all year. Curry looked frustrated for much of the finals. He should improve his body language, and his defense since he seems to struggle with defending anyone without committing a foul (the only questionable foul I saw called on him was tonight, the rest were on him).

Ozzy

Reaction score
I was pulling for Cleveland and Lebron had a series that was one of if not the best finals series ever. I know no one wants to hear it but you can make a decent argument about him being the best ever if he keeps this pace up. He's the best all around player I've ever seen. I love Golden state but to come back from 3-1 against an all time great team on the road in game 7 and facing 3 elimination games? Unreal. Hats off the city of Cleveland and Lebron.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I just want to give it up for Kyrie Irving, he worked Curry a few times last night 'specially on that three for the pull ahead.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
86Hawk":3lzr35c1 said:
Cleveland will always shoot from the stripe just because of how they play.

Yet they won on a 3 pointer...

Such an interesting game at the end. Cleveland stalled on offense. The single clear out and pick and rolls weren't getting Lebron or Kyrie good looks.

And yet Golden State sputtered as well...

I like a good sports story, and both winning would've made for a good one. The way it ended though was both thrilling and anti-climatic at the same time. Here is maybe one of the best scoring players in NBA history against one of the best scoring teams in NBA history and they combine to do nothing but miss for the last 4 minutes of Game 7... and yet win it on a three and great defensive play.

Enjoyed it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm just glad it's over. Is the NBA the only league where the playoffs lasts longer than the regular season? I think so.

I'm happy for the city of Cleveland, lord knows they deserve a championship............but other than a couple moments of insane athleticism on Lebron's part, the last 10-15 minutes was back and forth horrible basketball with missed shots and tired lazy 3 point attempts on GS's part.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Throwdown":3jz1q2jz said:
I just want to give it up for Kyrie Irving, he worked Curry a few times last night 'specially on that three for the pull ahead.
:ditto: The 3 to go ahead was the shot of the game.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Do you think it is fair to say that LeBron James had more pressure on him from day one than any athlete in the history of sports? He was basically being called The Chosen One when he was a 18-year old kid. Someone on ESPN brought this up, and I don't think I can think of anyone else who had more pressure put on their shoulders from the moment they became a pro sports player. And I think it's safe to say LeBron not only met the hype but exceeded it. This cements LeBron as top 5 of all time, and when it is all said and done he will likely be right behind MJ at #2. I'm not saying that he will deserve it, but with the day and age we live in, people will say he is #2. Is it even possible for him to leap MJ and be #1? He is 3 titles behind, so what happens if he wins 3 more? 4 more?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1rcbcid9 said:
Do you think it is fair to say that LeBron James had more pressure on him from day one than any athlete in the history of sports. He was basically being called The Chosen One when he was a 18-year old kid. Someone on ESPN brought this up, and I don't think I can think of someone else who had more pressure put on their shoulders the moment they became a pro sports player.

Props to LeBron and the city of Cleveland.

I think that's fair. He was anointed the "King" in high school and spent the early part of his career as the best player on his team even though he was barely in his 20s. While "the Decision" has always seemed as a cop out in many ways, when looked at in full perspective it made alot of sense... just to relieve some of that pressure he's always had.

I haven't been the biggest Lebron supporter. Not a hater, by any stretch. But many of my criticisms of him as a player (and in comparison to Jordan), especially following that poor performance in Game 4 were answered the last three games. He deserves all the accolades, and to be put in the 1a/1b discussion for best player in NBA history.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think "The Decision" is what put pressure and brought out the hate for Lebron, and not so much the things you listed.

Lebron was one of the most beloved respected athletes in the world before he decided to make The Decision and take his look at me sideshow to Miami. That's when the media talking heads and sports fans started hating on him, thus the pressure you're talking about.

For me this is about the city of Cleveland, Lebron is secondary. I'm glad he came back to Cleveland and made it right. Most athletes never get a chance to do what he did, as we know with our own high profile athletes leaving, i.e. Griffey, A-Rod, Randy, etc. So IMO great story.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1out6usg said:
Do you think it is fair to say that LeBron James had more pressure on him from day one than any athlete in the history of sports? He was basically being called The Chosen One when he was a 18-year old kid. Someone on ESPN brought this up, and I don't think I can think of anyone else who had more pressure put on their shoulders from the moment they became a pro sports player. And I think it's safe to say LeBron not only met the hype but exceeded it. This cements LeBron as top 5 of all time, and when it is all said and done he will likely be right behind MJ at #2. I'm not saying that he will deserve it, but with the day and age we live in, people will say he is #2. Is it even possible for him to leap MJ and be #1? He is 3 titles behind, so what happens if he wins 3 more? 4 more?

Your first point is totally fair, in the modern age of social media the pressure was unreal on Lebron. I watched and idolized Jordan growing up and I never wanted to admit it but I think Lebron is the better all around basketball player so he definitely has a chance to go down as the greatest ever. I'm not a huge fan of judging players by who has the most titles but I get it. He's already on the MT. Rushmore of basketball and it will be interesting to see how the next 4-6 years unfold. I get the hate about the "decision" and I didn't like it either and he has made some mistakes along the way for sure but the guy is better than people realize....in my opinion.