Positivity Returns To Seattle

sutz

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2du947um said:
I also think a lot of the positivity per se is due to there being no expectations anymore. If we lose every game, it can be blamed on the rebuild. I don't think anybody is expecting the team to do much this upcoming season. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. We expected wins before.
YMMV, but I expect them to make the playoffs this year. My expectations are high for this team.

Pee in your own cheerios, bro. :twisted:

HawkGA

Reaction score
I don't love the draft, but I do love the Shaq pick.

Jac

Reaction score
toffee":2nez72ja said:
RolandDeschain":2nez72ja said:
While I think Bennett's the one that had to go for "other reasons" and Sherman only went because of money, I am personally feeling quiet positive. However, I have been since Bevell was fired.

Bennett, Earl and Sherman were the had to go. Along with bunch of coaching staffs. We are almost done cleansing the negative force. Almost.

If we 12s were depressed by the Bennett of the world, just imagine the locker room? With the cleansing of the Bennetts and the feel good story of the Griffins. I felt like dark cloud has moved on, we can feel the sun again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, Griffin is going to be a catalyst in helping bring back that contagious "college team" vibe we had in the early days. The toxic attitude of some of those vets had to be ruining it for the younger players still excited about it all.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2z2hgab7 said:
I also think a lot of the positivity per se is due to there being no expectations anymore.

Speak for yourself, Negative Nancy. :roll:

I expect the rest of our division to get a nasty wakeup call this season. I also expect the rest of the NFL to get a nasty wakeup call from the NFCW, rather like the 2012-2013 seasons.

acer1240

Reaction score
It's way early but this draft has me feeling like we are 2-3 wins better than last year already.

Seeing Pete and John in those videos demonstrate the fact that they have not lost an ounce of fire and competitiveness.

I'm stoked!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1hga88so said:
I also think a lot of the positivity per se is due to there being no expectations anymore. If we lose every game, it can be blamed on the rebuild. I don't think anybody is expecting the team to do much this upcoming season. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. We expected wins before.

Sort of like the 2012 season. I remember that offseason the expectations weren’t high but that was the beginning of a really good run.

MrThortan

Reaction score
With the draft, I have always been one to just look at the guys we got and not the ones we could have had. This draft felt different than the last few as though they were looking for specific roles to fill.

New coaches, plenty of new players. Lots of change and that excites me about the future. I think the management is mindful of 2019, as they do what they can to win in 2018. Still hoping... expecting, more wins than losses this season. I am truly more excited to watch this season than I have been since the Super Bowl loss.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
PC & JS did a awesome job with very little in this draft but a bunch of our problems still remain. Who is going to block for RW? We all enjoyed the good times but the bill eventually comes due. I doubt I'm the only one whose prepared for some reckoning.

I just hope we keep some respect in our division. Losing to the Rams at home like that hurt and I'm not sure I can stomach losing to the likes of the 9ers.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
sutz":bi8b7xhl said:
pittpnthrs":bi8b7xhl said:
YMMV, but I expect them to make the playoffs this year. My expectations are high for this team.

GeekHawk":bi8b7xhl said:
pittpnthrs":bi8b7xhl said:
I also think a lot of the positivity per se is due to there being no expectations anymore.

I expect the rest of our division to get a nasty wakeup call this season. I also expect the rest of the NFL to get a nasty wakeup call from the NFCW, rather like the 2012-2013 seasons.

This is exactly what I was talking about. This team has far less talent than it had even last season while our schedule got much tougher. Our division alone has us playing a much improved 49ers team and damn near an all star team in the Rams who used to wax us even when they stunk. Being a fan causes people to lose site of ABC logic sometimes. No matter how much we wish and hope,,,this team is a 7 to 8 win club going into next season.

chris98251

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2cv5eads said:
sutz":2cv5eads said:

GeekHawk":2cv5eads said:

This is exactly what I was talking about. This team has far less talent than it had even last season while our schedule got much tougher. Our division alone has us playing a much improved 49ers team and damn near an all star team in the Rams who used to wax us even when they stunk. Being a fan causes people to lose site of ABC logic sometimes. No matter how much we wish and hope,,,this team is a 7 to 8 win club going into next season.

How the hell do you know what we have right now, if Cable and Bevell were here I would say your pretty much on the mark, our best pick up may be Solari and Schottenheimer, we have high marked draft picks all over the O line that need to be used correctly, we brought in another RB and the fact we have one on the squad that proved he can run behind nothing should be a improvement. Defense just got younger, we hedged our bets last year on Kam and Sherman and now just need guys to prove themselves, we had two reclamation projects on the D line that appear to have come thru and show why they were 1st round picks in 2013 so we will not miss Avril as much as we thought.

We may not make the playoffs, we will be heading the other direction however in a upswing versus trending down. I can wait if our Team shows life instead of needing a pacemaker.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
chris98251":2wdid20o said:
pittpnthrs":2wdid20o said:
sutz":2wdid20o said:

GeekHawk":2wdid20o said:

How the hell do you know what we have right now, if Cable and Bevell were here I would say your pretty much on the mark, our best pick up may be Solari and Schottenheimer, we have high marked draft picks all over the O line that need to be used correctly, we brought in another RB and the fact we have one on the squad that proved he can run behind nothing should be a improvement. Defense just got younger, we hedged our bets last year on Kam and Sherman and now just need guys to prove themselves, we had two reclamation projects on the D line that appear to have come thru and show why they were 1st round picks in 2013 so we will not miss Avril as much as we thought.

We may not make the playoffs, we will be heading the other direction however in a upswing versus trending down. I can wait if our Team shows life instead of needing a pacemaker.

Chris, we lost Avril, Kam, Bennett, Sherm, Graham, and both Richardsons and replaced them with cheap, discount players and question marks. That's how in the hell I know what we have right now. Yes, getting rid of Bevell and Cable were huge, but Solari and Schotty would need to perform miracles for this team to compete this season. I don't understand how anybody could think they could. Its going to take a couple years to see if this is going to work or not.

Jville

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Aros":8ggxlnd6 said:
pittpnthrs":8ggxlnd6 said:

Wow. Nice way to shit on my positivity thread there bud. :177692:
Kind of brings back memories of the old Steve Harper days ... don't he.

chris98251

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":25zc6en5 said:
chris98251":25zc6en5 said:
pittpnthrs":25zc6en5 said:
sutz":25zc6en5 said:

GeekHawk":25zc6en5 said:

Chris, we lost Avril, Kam, Bennett, Sherm, Graham, and both Richardsons and replaced them with cheap, discount players and question marks. That's how in the hell I know what we have right now. Yes, getting rid of Bevell and Cable were huge, but Solari and Schotty would need to perform miracles for this team to compete this season. I don't understand how anybody could think they could. Its going to take a couple years to see if this is going to work or not.

Avril probably career ending injury,

Branden Jackson flashed some things and could be a surprise in a full season here, Dion Jordan former 1st rounder returning to form of why he was drafted, Marcus Smith II another former first rounder that showed promise in returning to form, Frank Clark, will now be a full time starter.

Not cheap guys.

Richardson Sheldon, would have been nice to keep him but we have guys in the wings again,
Quinton Jefferson began showing something, Nazair Jones looked good and will be improved, Jarran Reed, was coming on strong, Shamar Stephen played in a pretty good defense rotational player 4 years experience, Tom Johnson can push the pocket and sack the QB another Minnesota player 7 year vet, not as celbrated as Richardson but not street guys either.

Kam probable career ending injury, we brought in Maurice Alexander as insurance, not Kam but not street fodder. Plus we have Hill from last year who should be improved and have a more NFL body now. Then there is Griffin who may see a shot there. Not hurting.

Sherman, yes he is gone but to Achellis surgerys he was not going to be to form for a while, Maxwell isn't Sherm but again isn't street fodder, then we have DeAndre Elliott, Mike Tyson, Dontae Johnson, Neiko Thorpe, Akeem King and newly drafted Tre Flowers. again not panic mode.

We may change how our defense works a bit simplifying things till people get the communication down, there may be some missed assignment and gap responsibilty, may play more Tampa two, but there will be more energy that can make up for it.

I see it as a turnover and getting younger with more energy, yeah there will be a learning curve but the way our defense works it happens pretty fast since we let guys do what they do best.

On offense it will be a whole lot better when your not playing musicial chairs half a season with your line and not trying to finesse things, Graham was productive in the red zone but not so much between the 20's I think more physical and better running and blocking we can compensate with more rushing TD's making up for Grahams TD's. O also think that Richardsons production will be taken up with Lockett and or Browns plus more passes to the half backs and TE's, we also have Darboh who should step up and Moore. Not really worried.

Granted thats my take and it may seem a bit optimistic but I see the trend going more up then the continued downward spirel it has been.

original poster

Reaction score
The problem is the VAST majority can't possibly invest enough time to have a proper and thorough understanding of what is going on, so what do they do? They love this team and want to understand it but don't have the time to invest fully.

So they listen to the media, they listen to these guys that are saying we're 'done' and 'our window has closed' and we 'lost all our good players' etc.

They buy into all of that, feeling down is to be expected. The Rams own the division, the 49ers are the next team on the rise, apparently.

People can rarely form their own opinions these days.

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
honestly without a doubt those guys are gonna be hungry i would love to be there at a training session seeing shaq and the others literally fly around the whole roster will be energized now im hoping Shot and Solari work some magic roll on the season

mistaowen

Reaction score
I'm excited to see what the new OC will bring to the offense and an o-line not being coached by Cable. I think the FO is really high on some of the 2017 draft picks who didn't get a shot last year, especially on defense. Will be fun watching guys carve their roles out and fight for the starting spots for the first time in a long time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So stoked to see this team in 2018. Could be a very up and down year, understandably, but I think the future looks good.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1ipx1lu6 said:

No, a lot of the positivity is due to people here knowing how to evaluate drafts correctly. ;) At least as far as anyone can at this point.

Frozenropers

Reaction score
"Kam probable career ending injury, we brought in Maurice Alexander as insurance, not Kam but not street fodder. Plus we have Hill from last year who should be improved and have a more NFL body now. Then there is Griffin who may see a shot there. Not hurting."

Don't forget Bradley McDougald was re-signed and likely could be the starting SS. He played well last year, IMO.

I feel much more positive about the team this year. Simplifying the blocking scheme up front is going to be a huge benefit for the O-Linemen, IMO. Clearing up the confusion of who was really in charge of the offense, Bevel calling plays and in charge of the passing game or Cable as the Assistance Head Coach in charge of the running game? Too much confusion on that side of the ball. While the vets on the defensive side that we lost have talent, many were injured last year and some of the negativity they were bringing to the team were destructive. I think some of the young guys are really going to shine.

Latest posts