RG-Ifedi
RT-Fant

Week 12:

LT-Joeckel
LG- Glowinski
C- Britt
RG- Pocic
RT- Ifedi

There will be some continuity throughout most of the season but I don't think they start Pocic immediately or use him at tackle. He started only 1 game in college at RT and I think they project him more at guard and eventually center. Even though Ifedi struggled with pass protection at times, I still think they envisioned him as our RT originally so I think he'll be given a shot at some point. As to Fant, they're enamored with his athleticism so a switch to the opposite side is plausible, especially considering they didn’t pay Joeckel 8 mil guaranteed for nothing.

And if everything goes to pot on the line...then who knows, Przemic Karnowski, the Polish former Gonzaga BB player could be starting at right tackle by the end of the year. And with this team, the scary part is I'm only half-joking.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Week 1 =====> Fant * Glowinski * Britt * Ifedi * Pocic

Week 4 =====> Joeckel * Glowinski * Britt * Ifedi * Pocic

AgentDib

Reaction score
I think at this point they're being straightforward about lots of people competing at multiple spots. Nearly our entire unit is composed of either new players (Joeckel / Aboushi / Roos / Pocic / Senior) or young players we are hoping to take a step forward with a full off-season (Fant / Ifedi / Glowinski / Odhiambo). I doubt they've bothered to project a starting five themselves at this point.

Joeckel's health and the current development progress of Fant/Senior/Glow should be knowable at the start of training camp and determine our left side. I'm guessing the right side will take longer to solidify as we experiment with Pocic at different spots and Ifedi at right tackle. I'd like to see Britt stay at center for his final? season unless we determine that Pocic would give us superior protection calls.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Joeckel is coming off some brutal injuries. I'm not sure he'll even be ready

Fant
Joeckel/Glow
Britt
Pocic
Ifedi

They could swap Pocic/Ifedi, but those two guys will start on the right side. No doubt in my mind.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/860170293540737024[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2d6ejg5w said:

Yeah that's about what I though, leave no position unchanged :)

Britt still at Center maybe?

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1ypn9gvd said:

He also made clear Fant is the starting LT . I don't think that will change either Joeckel will play LG .

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":24omqbi6 said:
MontanaHawk05":24omqbi6 said:

He also made clear Fant is the starting LT . I don't think that will change either Joeckel will play LG .

So at this point it sounds like they envision:

LT-Fant
LG-Joeckel
C-Britt
RG-Glowinski
RT-Ifedi

All subject to change of course. If they end up putting Joeckel at LT, then LG could be the wide open spot. I still don't think they start Pocic right off the bat but will develop him-perhaps he gets the nod at one of the guard spots later in the year or next year though.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":l4cu703j said:
MontanaHawk05":l4cu703j said:

I didn't get that emphasis out of the interview. In context, he was running through where each player was working and "Fant is the left tackle" just sounded to me like he meant that Fant was only working at LT. He had previously said that Joeckel and Odhiambo were working at both LG and LT and that Joeckel looked like an upgrade at both positions.

I do agree that they would like to see Fant win the LT job.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
My Projected 9:

LT: Joeckel, Fant
LG: Odhiambo, Aboushi
OC: Britt, Pocic
RG: Glowinski,
RT: Ifedi, Myers

PS: Roos, Senior, Hunt

Versatility:

Joeckel: LT, LG
Fant: LT, Blocking TE, possibly RT
Odhiambo: LG, LT
Aboushi: LG, RG
Britt: OC, LG, RT
Procic: OC, OG, OT
Glowinski: RG, LG
Ifedi: RT, RG
Myers: RT, RG

Schadie001

Reaction score
Per interview on 2 May: "John Schneider liked Luke Joeckel last year more as a left guard than left tackle. He believes Ethan Pocic, the LSU center who was his second-round draft choice last weekend, “has the height to play right tackle.”
With this in mind at least going into training camp I believe this is the starting line.

LT- Fant
LG-Joeckel
C-Britt
RG-Ifedi
RT-Pocic

Hawks46

Reaction score
LT Joekel
LG Odhiambo
C Britt
RG Pocic
RT Ifedi.

Just a guess, but I think that's how it ends up.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":1iop63fc said:
Northwest Seahawk":1iop63fc said:
MontanaHawk05":1iop63fc said:

I didn't get that emphasis out of the interview. In context, he was running through where each player was working and "Fant is the left tackle" just sounded to me like he meant that Fant was only working at LT. He had previously said that Joeckel and Odhiambo were working at both LG and LT and that Joeckel looked like an upgrade at both positions.

I do agree that they would like to see Fant win the LT job.

Your reference is correct and why I made that comment. Pete said and I quote, George Fant is the LT, vs working at with every other offensive lineman he mentioned. It sure sounded to me like right now anyway George Fant is there starting LT but we won't know for sure until training camp how there leaning.

randomation

Reaction score
To start the year

LT - Fant
LG - Joeckel
C - Britt
RG - Glow or if they push Pocic
RT - Ifedi

To end the year though I think Roos takes the right guard spot and doesn't give it up for years to come.

chris98251

Reaction score
randomation":38soygzi said:
To start the year

LT - Fant
LG - Joeckel
C - Britt
RG - Glow or if they push Pocic
RT - Ifedi

To end the year though I think Roos takes the right guard spot and doesn't give it up for years to come.

On other teams maybe, on our team he will be a LG next year :)

My biggest issue is non settling of guys and continuity.

mikeak

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2ydh3xsj said:

It seems like cheating if PC tries to win the price the OP wanted to give away........ just saying

toffee

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3cb2qu9c said:
MontanaHawk05":3cb2qu9c said:

Why so much love for Fant from Pete and Cable?