Tusc2000

Reaction score
Seafan":1dqx6zb2 said:
LT- Fant
LG- Joeckel
C- Britt
RG Ifedi
RT Pocic

My thoughts exactly. Fant is frowing into his position, Joeckel was playing much better at LG than LT before he got hurt. I'm thinking Glow may play a role, I just don't know where.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I would be very surprised if Pocic started at the Tackle position. I could see him battling for a guard position but going from college center to pro tackle? Eventually maybe, not this year.

chris98251

Reaction score
HawkGA":y4r0m3d5 said:
I would be very surprised if Pocic started at the Tackle position. I could see him battling for a guard position but going from college center to pro tackle? Eventually maybe, not this year.

He has experience at all 5 spots just played Center last year.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Wasn't his experience at tackle just one game though? Ten at guard, and the rest at Center?

sdog1981

Reaction score
HawkGA":itpm79xx said:
Wasn't his experience at tackle just one game though? Ten at guard, and the rest at Center?

Your acting like they did have not started a basketball player at LT or attempted to convert two DT's to play along the line.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
LT Fant
LG Joeckel
C Britt
RG Glowinski
RT Ifedi
Pocic serves as the 6th lineman in case of injury or underperformance. I'm guessing they will mainly slot him in at LG until Joeckel is cleared.

This seems to be their Plan A, subject to change based on competition and injuries. Let's hope it works.

Blaze808

Reaction score
LT - Britt
LG - Aboushi
C - Pocic
RG - Glowinski
RT - Ifedi

xgeoff

Reaction score
My guess:

LT George Fant
LG Jordan Roos
C Justin Britt
RG Ethan Pocic
RT Germain Ifedi

Frozenropers

Reaction score
LT - Fant
LG - Odhiambo
C - Britt
RG - Aboushi
RT - Ifedi

I don't think Joeckel proves he is ready to start the season. I think Fant surprises many this year. I believe he's spent all offseason here in Seattle working out at VMAC. A full offseason working in the program as the starter.

Glowinski and Pocic provide us great flexibility on the inside along with the starters. I think we have solid depth now at the G and C positions. We are weaker on the outside at the tackle positions and backing up on the outside.

raisethe3

Reaction score
My prediction:

LT- Fant
LG- Joeckel
C- Britt
RG-Glowinski
RT- Ifedi

Backups
Odhiambo- LT/RT
Pocic/Hunt- C
Aboushi- RG/LG

vin.couve12

Reaction score
LT - Fant/Joeckel/Odhiambo/Senior
LG - Joeckel/Odhiambo/Glowinski/Posic
C - Britt/Hunt/Pocic
RG - Glowinski/Pocic/Ifedi/Aboushi/Roos
RT - Ifedi/Pocic/Myers/Aboushi

I wasn't considering Fant to start until I saw that he was up to 315. He really needed to add strength and he did it. Glow is now on the right side and it should help him in pass pro being back to his natural position. I'm not sure that Ifedi starts because even an undrafted basketball player had a better rookie year than he did, but he probably will. Aboushi may not make the team let alone start. With the hopefully sustained, renewed emphasis on the run game, I don't hold Aboushi in that high a regard. I like a guard to be able to move the LOS and Aboushi is more of a sticky blocker than a drive blocker.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I see a lot of folks placing Ifedi at RT. He was arguably just as terrible as Fant last year, what makes you think he is a viable option? Other than Pete saying he will get work there (said that after the draft too?). Is it just wishful thinking he will go from being a horrifically bad guard to a competent RT?

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1y33u43v said:
I see a lot of folks placing Ifedi at RT. He was arguably just as terrible as Fant last year, what makes you think he is a viable option? Other than Pete saying he will get work there (said that after the draft too?). Is it just wishful thinking he will go from being a horrifically bad guard to a competent RT?

He was a rookie playing with 1 solid center and three other guys who weren't all that good. He didn't have the luxury of solely focusing on his own tasks. He also wasn't as polished as a lot of the other top o-line prospects, a guy like that shouldn't be a day 1 starter to begin with. He projects better as a RT than a RG. He also flashed potential at times.

He's no sure thing but there are plenty of reasons to believe he'll be a lot better this year than last year.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I read a piece recently that said the Hawks have drafted more offensive offensive linemen than any other team in the NFL since 2010 and have nearly a 100% failure rate with those selections. How can an owner as intelligent as ours allow this to continue year after year without forcing adjustments? Our process could not be more flawed. We are long passed the time to jettison Cable and the metrics and processes he and the staff use to determine our selections.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
The $%#* cba makes it really hard to evaluate talent in the trenches till it's pretty much too late .
I'm hoping they opt for more contact in the new cba upcoming but that's far away and not likely

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Overseasfan":ox9rosx4 said:
Coug_Hawk08":ox9rosx4 said:

He was a rookie playing with 1 solid center and three other guys who weren't all that good. He didn't have the luxury of solely focusing on his own tasks. He also wasn't as polished as a lot of the other top o-line prospects, a guy like that shouldn't be a day 1 starter to begin with. He projects better as a RT than a RG. He also flashed potential at times.

He's no sure thing but there are plenty of reasons to believe he'll be a lot better this year than last year.
Don't look now, but the same general notions can be said for almost any Seahawk OL. Ifedi isn't special in that regard.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3heal6mf said:
I read a piece recently that said the Hawks have drafted more offensive offensive linemen than any other team in the NFL since 2010 and have nearly a 100% failure rate with those selections. How can an owner as intelligent as ours allow this to continue year after year without forcing adjustments? Our process could not be more flawed. We are long passed the time to jettison Cable and the metrics and processes he and the staff use to determine our selections.

What constitutes success? Having linemen stay in the league? Hanging on to our own? (5 starters at a time) Or having probowlers consistently?

I'm curious, since this seems like hyperbole. A number of our linemen have been good enough to get picked up by other teams and paid well, but we won't equal or top the price to keep them. That's a success--well, at least not a failure--in my book for finding decent talent on the line.

Now I'm not even suggesting we've created a good overall line or even decent consistency. We haven't and it is understandably frustrating. But the line is just the area where the team will pay less and be satisfied with lower quality since cap-concerns govern all.

Jville

Reaction score
This is probably the subject a few .net posters can least handle while maintaining a level of maturity and grace.

At any rate ......... [tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/862409478477459457[/tweet]

Starting out the competition with ......
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/862409538527387648[/tweet]
And .......[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/862409648619479040[/tweet]
And .......[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/862410447328169984[/tweet]
And .......[tweet]https://twitter.com/KevinShockey/status/862406181662228480[/tweet]
Weight up dates ........[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/862408149059252224[/tweet]
And this ....... [tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/862420296048889856[/tweet]
Concluding with this ..... [tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/862445004853190656[/tweet]