Predict the starting O-line

nash72

Reaction score
So Fants put on 30 pounds? There goes the athleticism everybody was so enamored about.

chris98251

Reaction score
nash72":1nyof8sx said:
So Fants put on 30 pounds? There goes the athleticism everybody was so enamored about.

Have you seen him play at that weight? Have you been a professional athlete with trainers making sure your putting on good weight? Have you said anything positive about the Seahawks in your 800 plus posts, balance is everything most can accept a criticism about something with a reason, all we see in this post is a negative jab with no basis, his athletic ability was very high, he may lose a bit of that but can hold up against the bull rush better and still be more athletic then most if he has lost a bit, that is to be determined still.

nash72

Reaction score
chris98251":17b3vhvc said:
nash72":17b3vhvc said:

Have you seen him play at that weight? Have you been a professional athlete with trainers making sure your putting on good weight? Have you said anything positive about the Seahawks in your 800 plus posts, balance is everything most can accept a criticism about something with a reason, all we see in this post is a negative jab with no basis, his athletic ability was very high, he may lose a bit of that but can hold up against the bull rush better and still be more athletic then most if he has lost a bit, that is to be determined still.

So you have an Olineman who's biggest attribute was his athleticism (lord knows it wasnt his technique) and now an extra 30lbs. and a loss of speed is supposed to be a good thing? That 30lbs isnt all muscle either in that time span.

Prayers and thoughts go out to Russell Wilson this season.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
nash72":36n1396m said:
chris98251":36n1396m said:
nash72":36n1396m said:

So you have an Olineman who's biggest attribute was his athleticism (lord knows it wasnt his technique) and now an extra 30lbs. and a loss of speed is supposed to be a good thing? That 30lbs isnt all muscle either in that time span.

So you follow it up with the same assumptive jab?

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
nash72":jqsdmib8 said:
chris98251":jqsdmib8 said:
nash72":jqsdmib8 said:

If you are going to quote someone else's post, why not at least respond to it? Did you fail to read the post before quoting it or perhaps you had difficulty understanding it? If all you have to contribute is yet another uninformed, uneducated, (I'll save the mods some time and edit the rest of my thought).
Ever notice that all those skinny marathoners don't compete against the sprinters over short distances. Increased weight doesn't always result in a loss of speed. Even if it did, do we really care if our o-line can put up a top 40 time? We should be more concerned about short area quickness and lateral agility. I wonder if there is any way to improve in those areas? Does anyone know if increased lower body and core strength helps improve short area quickness and agility? It might be something to look into...you know, before posting additional uninformed, uneducated drivel.

toffee

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":twu2evdi said:
I see a lot of folks placing Ifedi at RT. He was arguably just as terrible as Fant last year, what makes you think he is a viable option? Other than Pete saying he will get work there (said that after the draft too?). Is it just wishful thinking he will go from being a horrifically bad guard to a competent RT?

I am quite worried that Ifedi may turned out to be a bust, so far Ifedi hasn't shown anything to justified his high draft position. Fant may get a pass as he was after undrafted and had no experience as an offensive lineman. Ifedi suppose to do more as a high draft with college experience.

HawkGA

Reaction score
It strikes me as odd that the first round pick last year and the second round pick this year are competing at the same spot.

My guess/hope is that Ifedi wins hands down and that Pocic is mainly out there to gain experience so there is another potential backup tackle. Very thin at RT otherwise. If Ifedi gets hurt or is a bust, there is a glaring hole there. Maybe Rees moves back but that looks like about it for options.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
HawkGA":2b7rxr4h said:
It strikes me as odd that the first round pick last year and the second round pick this year are competing at the same spot.

My guess/hope is that Ifedi wins hands down and that Pocic is mainly out there to gain experience so there is another potential backup tackle. Very thin at RT otherwise. If Ifedi gets hurt or is a bust, there is a glaring hole there. Maybe Rees moves back but that looks like about it for options.

Cable magic at work here...I don't believe he has a clue on how to coach these guys. The OL strategy and how they place folks just doesn't seem to have any sense to it.

toffee

Reaction score
nash72":aiopf35n said:
chris98251":aiopf35n said:
nash72":aiopf35n said:

You may have a point here. Please allow me to quote our GM about Justin Senior:

On what they see in Justin Senior:
Schneider “Justin had a much better junior year than he did a senior year. A great kid, he’s from Montreal. Very well spoken, very smart. Very, very good pass protector. He got a little heavy for his senior year, and it’s probably something that we’re going to have to monitor here, when he gets in here, and that’s why he went so late. He has a lot of tools to work with. He just needs to decide if he wants to be a player or not.”

(On the difference between Senior’s junior and senior years) Schneider: “His junior year he played at 295 pounds, and his senior year he played about 315-317, something like that. Then, he continued to climb a little bit. He has a lot of talent, and did not have a great Senior Bowl week, and knows that I think this is a pretty cool wake-up call for him, being selected where he was selected. Because, his scores with the coaches, the way they do it and everything, his pass protection is phenomenal.”

So Senior gained 25lbs and that hurt his performance on field, however Schneider also said, "he (Senior) continued to climb a bit" that indicated Senior's weight gain may not be due to working out etc. We have reason to believe Fant's weight gain was mainly due to gym work. We don't know if Fant and Senior have similar frame? But we do know Fant is an inch or so taller. For an 6'6" OL like Fant, 315lbs is pretty average, that 290lbs Fant carried last season may be somewhat underweight.

chris98251

Reaction score
nash72":3f4vk6f0 said:
chris98251":3f4vk6f0 said:
nash72":3f4vk6f0 said:

So it's impossible to answer the question ? I gave credence to the possible loss of athleticism but countered with being able to hold up better against bull rushes, that we don't know if the weight gain is going to affect anything in particular that deals with his position of play, he is not a TE anymore. Also it has been since December since he has played or there abouts, people that wrestle can lose and gain ten pounds in a week, he has had a good time to eat protein and carbs and work out to put on a lot of muscle and positive weight.

I will be waiting in my grave for a answer.

nash72

Reaction score
chris98251":bdbeb25v said:

No
No (is it good weight though or did your boy make to many drive thru runs in the off season?)
Yes

Now you can pass away peacefully

chris98251

Reaction score
nash72":295cxk4a said:
chris98251":295cxk4a said:

No
No (is it good weight though or did your boy make to many drive thru runs in the off season?)
Yes

32alu8h0mtwy

Looks like good weight to me, doesn't look sloppy, you can see the muscle tone even with his shirt on and he is doing agility drills.

Oh I do nothing peacefully.........................

Jac

Reaction score
I was curious how the Cowboys offensive line was shaping up (no good thing lasts forever) and ran across this article (potentially relevant to the Fant strategy). Lots of Seattle secondary talk in the article as well.

"Constructing a top-flight group, especially on the offensive line, requires an expensive plan — invariably, though, a little luck is involved. In building each one of those lines, at least one undrafted free agent has come seemingly out of nowhere to emerge as a high-level starter (and in some cases, an eventual big-ticket free agent). Leary played that part for the Cowboys, current Vikings guard Alex Boone filled that role in San Francisco, and 10-year veteran Brandon Moore did the same for the Jets."

https://theringer.com/nfl-dominant-posi ... e3f6c62b42

nash72

Reaction score
chris98251":3oa1er0y said:
nash72":3oa1er0y said:
chris98251":3oa1er0y said:

No
Yes

32alu8h0mtwy

Looks like good weight to me, doesn't look sloppy, you can see the muscle tone even with his shirt on and he is doing agility drills.

Oh I do nothing peacefully.........................

If Fant put on 30 lbs of muscle in 5 months, he'll be banned soon for steroid use.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It's much closer to 20 pounds. He's between 315 and 320 now and 20 pounds isn't that hard. He's got so much athletic ability for the position that I'm not worried on that front, but injury could be a concern. My only real beef with his game was that je wasn't strong enough and that should be rectified. Also needs to handle stunts better, but whatever....

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah for those that sit on couches and just lift a remote and post nothing but contrary and derogatory comments and seemingly would rather do a rain dance on a sunny day instead of enjoying the sun itself, I could see gaining muscle being an issue and needing supplements.

Fortunate that Fant appears to actual work at building up his body.

Latest posts