Props to Cam Newton

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Way to ruin the appreciation your QB was getting...

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Congrats to Cam. We probably don't even know it yet, but we are in the midst of a Cam vs Russell era. I could see both these QB's winning multiple superbowls. Too bad he doesn't play in the AFC, would love to see him and RW go head to head in a SB.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I'm very happy for Cam Newton and Ron Rivera. I'm a Carolina Resident and Seahawks fan. If the Hawks didn't win it, I want the Panthers to win it all.

Not every QB will be a copy of Payton Manning or Tom Brady.
Just like Russell Wilson, Cam Newton leverages his unique skills to show that leadership is not a one-size fits all type deal.

Cam is definitely misunderstood and there are people who judge him for things that have nothing to do with football. Cam Newton is great for the game of football. He brings something unique to the game of football.

Congrats to Newton. I'm looking forward to great games between the Hawks and the Panthers in the future. This will be lots of fun to follow and watch.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
D-bag QB on the field spawns D-bag fans with D-bag avatar to post on opposing fan site but I am sure he is just having fun.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Newton1":la9hig9e said:
peachesenregalia":la9hig9e said:
I don't like his antics, I think he's kind of a dick and immature, but my God, the guy has balled out of his mind this season. Yes, he has a great O-line, but he hasn't had much to throw to outside of Olsen, so I'll begrudgingly give him props. He made us look foolish twice this year.

All while playing the softest schedule in the league... what was it? 4 teams with a winning record. Yeah, they can't be for real. They'll get exposed in the playoffs.

Good thing most fans have no clue what they are talking about.
After such an impressive win it would be horrible if you had to go away.
Stop with the trolling.

Newton1

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2zuk6snw said:

My bad... I should have quoted the first 14 words. That's where I stopped reading.

Just read the rest of the thread... and thanks.

I think tonight's game put to rest the MVP debate if there ever was one that involved Carson Palmer... (I'm aware the vote doesn't include playoff games)

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Newton1":23mhl33b said:
Uncle Si":23mhl33b said:

My bad... I should have quoted the first 14 words. That's where I stopped reading.

Just read the rest of the thread... and thanks.

I think tonight's game put to rest the MVP debate if there ever was one that involved Carson Palmer... (I'm aware the vote doesn't include playoff games)
Feel free to leave. Especially since you didn't post until your team was up 30 last week.

You are here to troll,nothing else.

Newton1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ouatbfpr said:
Stop with the trolling.

Logging out now... said what I wanted to say. I would have said it last Sunday but for some reason I got a 7 day suspension because apparently I said something that someone didn't like after the divisional playoff game last weekend.

Cya next season.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Newton1":3s6qhs0z said:
Sports Hernia":3s6qhs0z said:
Stop with the trolling.

Logging out now... said what I wanted to say. I would have said it last Sunday but for some reason I got a 7 day suspension because apparently I said something that someone didn't like after the divisional playoff game last weekend.

Cya next season.
Hopefully not

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
12thbrah":37scp7y8 said:
Cam deserves the MVP but dayum the stars sure lined up this season for that team. If they can beat the Broncos they will have toppled the top 2 defenses this year on the way to the title.
Cam earned his MVP. However, that Panther defense looks like the clear number 1 defense with the league's top turnover differential and is making plays reminiscent of Hawks 2013.
Their O line and receivers arent as weak as people were talking about at the start of the year. Brown, Funchess and Ginn made plays (besides Olson) against a top secondary tonight.

chris98251

Reaction score
Newton1":3esnwcue said:
Sports Hernia":3esnwcue said:
Stop with the trolling.

Cya next season.

Seems you have a learning disability that should be looked into then..............................

At least you found the door on your own this time.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2wzolbbf said:
Shitty that guys can't have fun playing. They used to. Fans are too sensitive. It's a game for Christ sakes

Guy literally gives footballs to kids during the game...

I agree.

And in all seriousness, if you think Cam is offensive, you should have heard some of the things I said that I hoped would happen to the children who were given footballs after every TD Carolina scored vs Seattle. You know, those children they kept showing OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER. Rotten little pukes.

mikeak

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1o0hbd4g said:
mikeak":1o0hbd4g said:
Not to begrudge Cam anything but these two games were won by the interior pressure they got on QBs

The interior pressure put a near 50 burger on the Cards?

Come on.

I swear, this is like other fanbases claiming Russell Wilson is worthless without Lynch and the defense.

I didn't say that he didn't play really good but the defense continued to give him the ball over and over again.

Have good numbers is a lot easier when you have time to throw the football and get the football 15 times.

You could probably have put 15starting NFL QBs in this game and with Carolinas defense they would have won. Same thing against Seattle - it was defense and running game that truly beat us.

That does not mean Cam wasn't really good. Just that I think there are other elements that were more important

mrt144

Reaction score
I love Cam Newton for all the reasons people dislike him and I hope he shows up Pey Pey.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Carolina's defense was lights out, no question. But the turnovers started flooding after the Cardinals were in a hole. You have to give Cam and Carolina's offense credit for that. They couldn't be stopped and gave their D plenty of rest.

Palmer doesn't turn it over six times if he isn't playing from way behind in the 1st quarter and on. That's on both him and his defense.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":32yy9m0z said:
Newton1":32yy9m0z said:
Sports Hernia":32yy9m0z said:
Stop with the trolling.

Cya next season.

Seems you have a learning disability that should be looked into then..............................

At least you found the door on your own this time.
I wasn't going to say anything else.......... But, yeah....... 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
mrt144":1cy0esm1 said:
I love Cam Newton for all the reasons people dislike him and I hope he shows up Pey Pey.
I flip old 5-head a lot of crap on here, from his "Manning face" when he is struggling to his usual choke jobs in the playoffs.
....... But one thing he has, win or lose, is class. Something that Cammy still hasn't learned yet, and probably never will.

Nothing wrong with having fun, but when you showboat and make it all about YOU, that's where most folks have the problem with him.

I remember one great player once say "act like you've been there before"
That great player was NFL Hall of Famer Barry Sanders.

With that being said, I'd like to see Cammy hiding under his towel a lot in 2 weeks. 8)

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't get the Cam hate. People say he doesn't have class, where does this come from? Because he celebrates in the endzone? Other than his celebrations, how is he not classy?

Clueless fans think the same about Richard Sherman. IMO, Sherman is a class-act, but public perception is that he is a loud mouth, taunts and celebrates too much.

randomation

Reaction score
Newton1":zuzywmd3 said:
peachesenregalia":zuzywmd3 said:
I don't like his antics, I think he's kind of a dick and immature, but my God, the guy has balled out of his mind this season. Yes, he has a great O-line, but he hasn't had much to throw to outside of Olsen, so I'll begrudgingly give him props. He made us look foolish twice this year.

All while playing the softest schedule in the league... what was it? 4 teams with a winning record. Yeah, they can't be for real. They'll get exposed in the playoffs.

Good thing most fans have no clue what they are talking about.

Rather pathetic that you are here rather that at least in the Cardinals forum or you know your own.

Also MVPs don't have 7 games under 80 passer rating. He can thank your D and your Oline for that trophy

HawkerD

Reaction score
Exittium":1ks9x1x5 said:
Uncle Si":1ks9x1x5 said:
Shitty that guys can't have fun playing. They used to. Fans are too sensitive. It's a game for Christ sakes

Guy literally gives footballs to kids during the game...

so giving footballs to kids during games makes him a stand up non douchey mature dude?
Or someone who just knows that his only fans are that of the same mental capacity. On field antics are shit. Sure enjoy the game, there are many ways to do it without looking like a d-bag.
Same could be said about you if we only judged you on your avatar. Do you have any idea how hated some of the hawks are? Garauntee that if you were a panthers fan you'd love the guy and would back him to the wall. This is you :2: a man filled with envy