QB Brett Hundley Traded To Seahawks

adeltaY

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2x2sc80y said:
If you watched the games, Hundley was not terrible. He was okay. It shouldn't be that black and white. It's almost as if he would have had to ball out for people to say he's good. He's decent, and better than what we have

I did watch the games man... aside from the Pittsburgh game where the Steelers blew coverage after coverage to allow him to rack up deep completions, he looked pretty bad. I distinctly recall watching the Minnesota game on a Saturday night... my friends begged me to turn it off so we could go do something else but I stayed watching. It was a disaster for Hundley.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2wpscdku said:
If you watched the games, Hundley was not terrible. He was okay. It shouldn't be that black and white. It's almost as if he would have had to ball out for people to say he's good. He's decent, and better than what we have

He was objectively bad. This is one where the stats don’t lie. Too many games without a touchdown, and disasterous multi turnovers. He managed what, 3 wins and 7 losses? McGough or Davis could muster that.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I agree Bridgewater is a better QB, but it's been reported that NO gave up a 3RD pick. Clearly, their agenda is much different as someone already commented that Bridgewater looks like a candidate to replace Brees.

Would you give up a 3RD for Bridgewater?

adeltaY

Reaction score
truehawksfan":zh8yra81 said:
I agree Bridgewater is a better QB, but it's been reported that NO gave up a 3RD pick. Clearly, their agenda is much different as someone already commented that Bridgewater looks like a candidate to replace Brees.

Not unless we were competing for the SB this year because he could win games if Russ gets hurt. So no, not for a one year rental when we are retooling.

Seymour

Reaction score
truehawksfan":hjkfjvrb said:

Hell no! Because then "Teddy 2 gloves" is the best you can expect in your near future (tweener mediocre at best QB).

Hey New Orleans.......Wilson was a 3rd round pick. :roll:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I'd rather wait to be critical, bitchy and judgmental until after he sucks on the team. That is usually the best time to be a know it all. ( I don't know how to use a sarcasm emoji).

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":3j7ldrpa said:
Just doesn’t make sense. If we traded for someone who could push Wilson or improve our odds of winning if Wilson gets hurt I’d be ok with it but this trade does absolutely nothing for me
Someone who could push Wilson would cost multiple first-round picks and come with an astronomical salary.

Wilson is effectively un-pushable except by the elite QBs in the league, and even that would be arguable in the context of the Seahawks.

Clearly the management is not happy with Davis, and I don't blame them as he's looked pretty poor in his pre-season action to date, so they went with a guy who has some game experience and fits within our budget in terms of salary and what we have to give up.

He may not be able to push Wilson, but he may be able to close out a game in which Wilson gets injured better than Davis could.

mrt144

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2e1y550i said:
kidhawk":2e1y550i said:
Just doesn’t make sense. If we traded for someone who could push Wilson or improve our odds of winning if Wilson gets hurt I’d be ok with it but this trade does absolutely nothing for me
Someone who could push Wilson would cost multiple first-round picks and come with an astronomical salary.

Wilson is effectively un-pushable except by the elite QBs in the league, and even that would be arguable in the context of the Seahawks.

Clearly the management is not happy with Davis, and I don't blame them as he's looked pretty poor in his pre-season action to date, so they went with a guy who has some game experience and fits within our budget in terms of salary and what we have to give up.

He may not be able to push Wilson, but he may be able to close out a game in which Wilson gets injured better than Davis could.

I want to hear about how a backup QB pushes Wilson. I want a complete walkthrough of how Charlie Whitehurts, Matt Flynns and Tavaris Jacksons, bereft of their own ability to start would be able to 'push' Wilson to try harder and work harder. Can anyone point to specific backups who made their starting QB better simply by being there? With some backing stats?

Is Wilson or any QB of that calibre really going to push themselves harder because someone who can't win their role prima facie is just there? Is the threat of benching a Wilson calibre QB to make a statement really winning football?

"See what you cost the team Russ? If we hadn't benched you to make you work harder and try harder we could have won that game!" Maybe I just don't get spite when meaningful outcomes are on the line.

I don't get how that works. A QB that can teach and mentor - Sure, I can see that, especially for some of the mental aspects of the game where they have a host of experience making integral mistakes and bouncing back from it. Hell, why even go through the formality of signing a player like that? Just rope them in from retirement to be an assistant coach or consultant and have some nice fireside chats over a glass of brandy or something.

Dreadbelch

Reaction score
His 2017 highlights look better than anything I've seen from our backups so far.

[youtube]XHiS920Ococ[/youtube]

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
As much as I didn't like Davis as backup, I thought with his history with Schottenheimer he was still going to be a lock for #2

Fade

Reaction score
I am baffled by the comments in this thread. What are people expecting? Teddy Bridgewater for a 7th? Ha Ha ha.

They should've traded for someone to push Russell Wilson? HAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHZHAZHZHHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAahAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHaHAHHA.

So to break down the logic of what the Seahawks did, it went like this.

The Hawks liked Hundley, as a backup. The didn't feel he would get through waivers to them so they could claim him.

The didn't want to risk it. They wanted to make sure they got their guy. So they offered up basically 7th rd pick to definitely get him.

Hundley is a huge upgrade over Ausin Davis.

Austin Davis as the starter 0-16, 1-15. Alex McGough similar results (he isn't ready.

Brett Hundley 5-11, 6-10.

All for a measly throwaway pick at the end of the draft.

Good Trade. B+

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":jlfemn4f said:
What did you expect Pitt? The best QB in football for a 7th rounder? :roll:

If your going to replace garbage with more garbage, I would expect to keep a draft pick at least. Hundley is terrible. I cant see how he's an upgrade to Davis and McGough. A 6th isn't much, but Pete pretty much just flushed that down the toilet.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..... :? :stirthepot: :34853_doh:

chris98251

Reaction score
Hundley is probably a happy guy, the last two former Green Bay QB's here made bank in Flynn and Hass.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":25urlbyd said:
SoulfishHawk":25urlbyd said:
What did you expect Pitt? The best QB in football for a 7th rounder? :roll:

If your going to replace garbage with more garbage, I would expect to keep a draft pick at least. Hundley is terrible. I cant see how he's an upgrade to Davis and McGough. A 6th isn't much, but Pete pretty much just flushed that down the toilet.

:34853_doh: The post exemplifies a complete lack of nuance, and I'm more convinced than ever of trolling now.

He's not a RW-caliber passer. There are only a couple out there. Again, what did you expect?

But not only is he not "garbage," he's probably better than what we currently have. He might also be the difference between and loss and a win--if he had to come in--over Davis or McGough. He has the experience to perhaps win 50% with a good surrounding cast, which we may just have on Offense this year.

This was an easy choice to make, and the cost was very low. Just playing the probability game, the team's depth got better.

Seymour

Reaction score
Well if nothing else maybe we got someone who can at least steal the Packs signals. :twisted: :2thumbs:

Latest posts