Realistically, what is it going to take to beat the patriots

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Overseasfan":1bvwn8lv said:
Don't forget it's football we're talking about. A weird bounce of the ball is sometimes all it takes to win a game. Of course not every team is created equal but we actually do have the tools to take it to the Pats. With consistent play and a bit of luck we can definitely win here.
Definitely is right.

The Wilson to Graham connection is starting to look deadly. If the bigger difference in the game comes down to Defenses, well I definitely like our chances.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I don't see us winning. The Pats are rolling right now, you can make a case that they are playing (and Brady) at the highest level in the BB era.

If we do win, it will likely have to be in a shootout. I'm fairly confident we can move the ball on them, but stopping their offense will be a tough task.

Doesn't help that the Pats are coming off a bye. I don't have the stats on me, but BB is near unstoppable coming out of the bye week.

Largent80

Reaction score
Erebus":zkun69s2 said:
Largent80":zkun69s2 said:
Seahwkgal":zkun69s2 said:
A miracle.

I don't think they are on par with Godly football. They were beaten at home by friggin Indy.

When was this? Unless you correct me, I'm going to assume you're talking about the Packers and not the Patriots.

EXCUSE ME. They lost at home to the BILLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also they are 15th defensively. Hardly lofty.

byau

Reaction score
Hawks46":1ha6z5fa said:
I honestly don't think we can beat the Patriots right now.

Bellichick specializes in making teams one dimensional and taking away the one thing they do really well.

Our problem is that we are only one dimensional to start, and don't do anything very well. If we had a more consistent quick passing game, we could move the ball like the Patriots do. But we don't...it's why we're not sustaining drives.

Agreed:

Realistically what do we do? I don't think it's realistic. I'd say 8 out of 10 times the Patriots beat us at this juncture.

The only way I see victory for the Seahawks is if our pass game mimics what we want to see from our run game: 5 yards per play, the whole drive (which gives leeway that some plays are held to 0 yards). This means lots of 1st downs. This means for pass plays lots of exotic pick plays, dink and dunk, short yardage but consistent, extended drives. 5 yards per play the entire drive down.

Then we eat up clock, keep the ball out of Brady's hands, and give our defense a rest since the last three games they've been on the field at a 2:1 ratio clip compared to our offense.

I don't know if I see that realistically happening, could happen, but the way the two teams are performing overall, I doubt it. Realistically I see a loss :/

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
What is the best Defense the Pats have faced this year, and how much did they score?

Largent80

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2tgla0wy said:
What is the best Defense the Pats have faced this year, and how much did they score?

Cincy and Buff are 20 and 21 respectively...AZ #1 (1)?....Miami #14, Pitt #19, Cleveland..Dead LAST...Houston amazingly at #4.

They haven't played a complete defense.

StoneCold

Reaction score
What kind of pass rush do the Patriots have? Is it as strong as the Bills?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Largent80":3ezdg53n said:
LeftHandSmoke":3ezdg53n said:

Cincy and Buff are 20 and 21 respectively...AZ #1 (1)?....Miami #14, Pitt #19, Cleveland..Dead LAST...Houston amazingly at #4.

They haven't played a complete defense.
What did they put up against AZ?

RW92

Reaction score
Bottom line. NO PASS RUSH; No Win. That's it. Pete needs to review the tape from this weeks game, and put the best athletes on the field who create pressure and fly to the ball. I know we have injuries but we must move forward until they heal with the best that we have. We can't pluck a new Def End or a new Line Backer from the sky unless someone knows something that everyone else doesn't. I'll cheer for whom we have, but by golly give me at least the best of what we have. That's all. Go Hawks.

pcbball12

Reaction score
RW92":2zhioc06 said:
Bottom line. NO PASS RUSH; No Win. That's it. Pete needs to review the tape from this weeks game, and put the best athletes on the field who create pressure and fly to the ball. I know we have injuries but we must move forward until they heal with the best that we have. We can't pluck a new Def End or a new Line Backer from the sky unless someone knows something that everyone else doesn't. I'll cheer for whom we have, but by golly give me at least the best of what we have. That's all. Go Hawks.
The pass rush was good last night. They got in position to make a sack a ton, just couldn't get Tyrod down (much to Tyrod's dynamic ability with his legs). If they can create the pressure they created last night Brady will get dumped 5 or 6 times. Not entirely sure they will, but the pass rush last night didn't struggle to get to Tyrod, just struggled to corral him.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Score points.

Punch them in the face (figuratively).

Be tougher than we've been at any point this season so far.

Give yourself a chance to win it in the 4th.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You have to pressure Brady mainly up the middle and disguise the coverages..Win the TO and TOP battles and we can win..I think it will be close and for those who think we have no shot..This is the Hawks-whats wrong with you?

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Time of possession in this last game was skewed because the defense couldn't stop the bills short runs and passes. We scored 32 offensive points. 2 of our drives took less than 3 minutes, while the bills took 10. I don't disagree with our bend don't break defense, but we have to develop an answer to dink and funk opponents. This has always been a weakness and have gotten taken many times by this strategy.

Our second half we only scored 3 points, but most of the time in the second half was eaten up by the bills and our inability to stop their 4 to 5 yard plays. We got burned a few times on 3rd and 20 with sideline stop routes where their receiver stopped at the 1st down marker and our corners kept running full speed. You have to recognize the situation and watch for those stop routes.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
The only way to beat Brady is to get him on the ground, repeatedly.

kf3339

Reaction score
To win this game I think the team has to be completely unexpected in their play calling and schemes on both sides of the ball. Bellichick knows how we play and will game plan for that scenario. So change it up and confuse him. Make him and his coordinators react to our "out of the box" thinking on both sides.

Be really aggressive on defense and make Brady nervous. Hit their WR's and TE's hard and early. Make them fear going thru their route moves. Hit Brady hard every chance they get. Even if it gets penalties so what. In other words make them bleed.

This in many ways is an unwinnable game. Everything is stacked against us winning from their having a bye to being at home and us having to play last night. We have a short week to get ready. We will be more tired.

So do the unexpected and perhaps we will have a chance.

Largent80

Reaction score
The Seahawks present a weird problem because not even the coaching staff of the Hawks knows what to game plan for, so how can Bellringer figure out what to defend.?

12thbrah

Reaction score
Brady is a slug in the pocket compared to Tyrod. So the pass rush should get there unless they dink and dunk us to death like they did in sb49

Marlin Man

Reaction score
We have the proverbial "snowball in hell" chance of beating them-

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I say we beat them, and it's going to be alot of deep balls, the same way Wilson beat them in his rookie year.