Realistically, what is it going to take to beat the patriots

kf3339

Reaction score
Largent80":2lg3a8tf said:
The Seahawks present a weird problem because not even the coaching staff of the Hawks knows what to game plan for, so how can Bellringer figure out what to defend.?

Then that is to our advantage.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
More than what we have.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

peppersjap

Reaction score
We always compete, no one blows us out so we will be there at the end. It will be tough but we will have a shot. I never count this team out, they have had some ugly showings this year yet we are 5-2-1 and easily could have won against AZ, LA and NO (also could have easily lost other games). Just pointing out that as bad as we have played we could be 8-0!

Smellyman

Reaction score
12thbrah":w0mi5i4s said:
Brady is a slug in the pocket compared to Tyrod. So the pass rush should get there unless they dink and dunk us to death like they did in sb49

yeah, people keep saying pass rush, but with the way the Pats and Brady get rid of the ball on 3 step drops constantly, it negates all teams pass rushers. get the hands up on the DL

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The offense is going to have to play ball control for once, because the Patriots are more than capable of killing you via a million tiny papercuts.

Obviously Gronk will be a main concern too.

The Patriot defense has been tapering off as the season has gone on however. I think we absolutely can have another good day offensively. But if we lose the TOP battle in a huge way again - it might be a long night.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Marlin Man":1phruet5 said:
We have the proverbial "snowball in hell" chance of beating them-

Hardly. It's the NFL and we're one of the best teams in football. Will it be a challenge? Of course. But this team is more than capable of beating them or anybody.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1xf4co05 said:
Marlin Man":1xf4co05 said:

Hardly. It's the NFL and we're one of the best teams in football. Will it be a challenge? Of course. But this team is more than capable of beating them or anybody.

Agreed. Lot of despair on the board.

Hawks will be the underdog, but they aren't the Browns either

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2fg1gsv0 said:
Hasselbeck":2fg1gsv0 said:
Marlin Man":2fg1gsv0 said:

Agreed. Lot of despair on the board.

Hawks will be the underdog, but they aren't the Browns either

No one's saying that. Just not the best time to be going to NE after our D's played a million minutes over the past three games on a short week with NE having two weeks to prepare.

But one thing Pete Carroll teams do, and that's never get blown out. So I fully expect this game to be like every game, close enough to win. Just don't have a lot of faith in our D without Bennett to stop Brady.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Read the thread... alot of people are saying just that.

One poster suggests its a "snowball's chance" we win. another said a "miracle." One poster suggested that only food poisoning Brady is the answer.

I think we will compete and can come away with a win.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Rat":9ks19v30 said:
Did anyone else reflexively boo Obama this morning when he said "we are all Patriots"?

:lol:

I'm not quick enough to catch that sort of thing. Glad you did, Rat!

RussB

Reaction score
They have to hit them in the mouth early and not let up. Patriots are going to do ALOT of short passes and checkdowns, Dbs and linebackers need to come down and lay a hit on them every time they catch it and beat them up. Pats o line is also pretty weak, if they can get a good pass rush going they can create atleast 1 turnover or sack brady a couple of time.

Bottom line is, eliminate the checkdown , make good tackles and lay hits. Then get a pass rush going.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
The Patriots can be beaten just like every other team! They have weaknesses just like every other team! Bennett being out hurts us tremendously, our D-line gets pressure but often times doesn't "wrap up"! Our secondary is still our strength on D and Brady will have to deal with that, he can be rattled, and our secondary will have a few chances for picks. It won't be blowout because none of our games are. Russ is healthier and so is the rest of our offense, the Christine Michael experiment can end anytime and we need to find a run game. This will be decided at the end again, we just need to create our own luck!

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Pats fan here. NE has a good record after bye weeks but tends to play sloppy, so the bye isn't really a factor. Home field is a big factor, and the fans will be lubed up and ready for this one. Hawks haven't been world beaters this season yet, but they're not flying under the radar out here at all. They're still the team to beat in the NFC, Wilson's getting better by the week, Graham has arrived, the D looks quick, so this game will be like a playoff game to the Pats and fans.

I'm not sure NE's D can hold down Wilson based on that Buffalo game, poor run attack or not. Pats are better against the run than the pass, so I see RW throwing 30 times at least and being pretty effective.

NE's offense is clicking, the OL is way more solid than the past couple of years, Blount is running really well, the receiving corps is the best they've had in many moons. Bennett and Gronk together give them a couple of extra 6'6 270 lb OL out there, so the D never knows whether it's run or throw.

Brady's at the absolute top of his game not only with accuracy and deep ball but also moving around, running for 1st downs, passing on the run. Getting a month off and getting Frame-gate behind him is showing in his play. But if Seattle gets similar pressure as they got last week, Brady won't escape like Taylor, who's now the #1 escape artist in the league.

So I think a high scoring 34-27 type of game.

pcbball12

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2sjtapv3 said:
Pats fan here. NE has a good record after bye weeks but tends to play sloppy, so the bye isn't really a factor. Home field is a big factor, and the fans will be lubed up and ready for this one. Hawks haven't been world beaters this season yet, but they're not flying under the radar out here at all. They're still the team to beat in the NFC, Wilson's getting better by the week, Graham has arrived, the D looks quick, so this game will be like a playoff game to the Pats and fans.

I'm not sure NE's D can hold down Wilson based on that Buffalo game, poor run attack or not. Pats are better against the run than the pass, so I see RW throwing 30 times at least and being pretty effective.

NE's offense is clicking, the OL is way more solid than the past couple of years, Blount is running really well, the receiving corps is the best they've had in many moons. Bennett and Gronk together give them a couple of extra 6'6 270 lb OL out there, so the D never knows whether it's run or throw.

Brady's at the absolute top of his game not only with accuracy and deep ball but also moving around, running for 1st downs, passing on the run. Getting a month off and getting Frame-gate behind him is showing in his play. But if Seattle gets similar pressure as they got last week, Brady won't escape like Taylor, who's now the #1 escape artist in the league.

Fantastic post, thank you for this (good opposing posts are rare around here). You guys are a tall order without a doubt. Unlike many around here, I think we do have a chance in this one, only because we tend to get up for these games. Very worried about Brady carving our 3 deep. Hoping like hell we switch it up more because Brady is one of few that will take the dink and dunk all game long and beat you doing it.

Something tells me Prosise is a big factor in the passing game against you guys. Call it a hunch or whatever. Just know that BB isn't going to let Graham go off, think Prosise benefits because of that (hopefully that is big part of the gameplan). I think we are in for a good one, cannot wait.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":zlr7pkvr said:

Sounds about right.

I'm hoping for a couple big special teams plays, seeing as Lockett finally looks like he's back to his old healthy and deadly fast self. Although I'm sure Belichick and your special teams coaches will try to make sure he's not kicked to.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
I think the Bills exposed another D weakness. Using a big line, or a FB or a big pulling guard to punch a hole. The announcer quoted Incognito who said our line is small and quick, the bills needed to push us back. They did. NE has a god line, maybe not as big in the pulling stunts, but capable of moving our lighter tackles. 5 yard runs and 5 yard pass plays means a very busy night for Wags. We need a big fat powerful nose guard ala Mebane with a good hammy.

SeaChat

Reaction score
The Patriot's are by far and away, going to be the toughest obstical for the Seahawks to overcome. I think the biggest challenge going into this game will be preparing for the added complications that the New York NFL head office, by way of its controlled offiating crew, and or if they choose to mess with this game,

The one saving possibility on that platform, is that Tom Brady has no friends their either. I would probably be neiave to think that they might just sit this one out, and instead provide America with a good old fashion, fairly officiated game.

Setting that concern that's been a burr under my saddle this year, and I know I talk about the officiating alot, but that's because it really pisses me off to see them do it, to the Seahawks or any other team, and as individuals about all we can do is keep the truth out ther.
OK now to our other opponent on Sunday, the New England Patandriots are going to be tough, have been to several years now. Tom Brady is hotter that a newly fired pistol, throwing no interceptions so far this year, he is fixing to throw his 1st one on Sunday facing or defense.

A lot of others put Gronkowski out there as our biggest concern, but I don't share that concern, our defense has managed to hold its own, with a number of hot dog receivers this year, and have managed to keep the significants of those receiver's in the outcome of the game to a minand

Right now, less the possible retribution from officials via NY NFL, I think our running game has got to change radically. I hate to say it but we simply can't count on Christin to do the job for us. I don't know what Pete and Darrell are going to do about it, but they need to come up with something fast. I don't think we can beat them with just an air assault strategy.

I think our offense has really come together again with Russell being a little less damaged, and we can and will put a hurt on them thru the air game, but I would be surprised if that will be enough. Our defense is usually good for a score or two themselves when they are on their game. Even with Kam and Mike out I think we will come away with a couple of turnovers that result in Scoring.

We need to do something about our running game, I think if the Seahawks, want any chance of winning this game, they need to bench Christin, and bring in Rawls, ready or not, and The Pope, we are gonna need some serious praying if we want any chance of walking off the field as winners this Sunday, I say put Troymaine ( The Pope) Pope, out there and see how he does, if he appears overwhelmed with the task, pull him back out of the game and gamble on the passing game, as unlikely as it might be, it may be our only hope.

Make clear I'm not discounting the credibility or effectiveness of our other running backs. They are not Marshawn Lynche's but they haven't shown that evasive burst up the gut toughness and determination we needed from Christian, and thought we were gonna get, but hasn't materialized yet, and most likely won't.

Clark the shark

Reaction score
We need to practice not using any radio communication between the coordinators and the captains. I still can't believe the pats have been getting away with interfering with opposing teams signals for years.

cymatica

Reaction score
I think we win, maybe even by more than a touchdown. This team might play down to opponents but they also show up big time in the biggest games. Despite what i usually think of bevell, he has some good games and this may be the one he opens it up(or pete allows him to).

Just seems like when everyone is worried about a game, they start looking like world beaters, they thrive off being the underdog. I dont know why, maybe its just petes coaching style.

I also think our defense has been playing better on the road, maybe due to better communication. If the officiating wasn't horrible the saints game is a bowout and the cardinals is a good win.

31 -17 seahawks

Latest posts