Realistically, what is it going to take to beat the patriots

sdog1981

Reaction score
The pass rush we saw on Monday night would bury Tom Brady. DaMontre Moore could be the 4th pass rusher that could really get this defensive unit clicking.

RussB

Reaction score
cymatica":3h38qsah said:
I think we win, maybe even by more than a touchdown. This team might play down to opponents but they also show up big time in the biggest games. Despite what i usually think of bevell, he has some good games and this may be the one he opens it up(or pete allows him to).

Just seems like when everyone is worried about a game, they start looking like world beaters, they thrive off being the underdog. I dont know why, maybe its just petes coaching style.

I also think our defense has been playing better on the road, maybe due to better communication. If the officiating wasn't horrible the saints game is a bowout and the cardinals is a good win.

31 -17 seahawks
Noticed this too, they can lose to average teams sometimes and not look that good even if they win. But they always seem to show up bigtime in big games . I think like you said they play down to the competition.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
convince beast mode to sign ... he was at he VMAC last week

and sign Brandon Browner so he can defend Gronk.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Not sure if this has come up -- but New England have traded away their two best defensive players (Jones, Collins) and they had Revis at cornerback the last time the two teams played.

Brady will get his, but the Seahawks have an opportunity to put points on the board against New England's defense too. And if it comes down to which defense can limit the damage best on the night -- SEA will have an edge. If it comes down to which offense you're relying on to be most consistent though, NE have an edge because Brady is incredible. It sets it up for a tight game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
NOLAHawk":4ivufsoq said:
I think the Bills exposed another D weakness. Using a big line, or a FB or a big pulling guard to punch a hole. The announcer quoted Incognito who said our line is small and quick, the bills needed to push us back. They did. NE has a god line, maybe not as big in the pulling stunts, but capable of moving our lighter tackles. 5 yard runs and 5 yard pass plays means a very busy night for Wags. We need a big fat powerful nose guard ala Mebane with a good hammy.

It's Bennett, we have guys like Reed and McDaniel to plug the middle.

It's no coincidence that the Hawks have given up two straight 100 yard rushers the past two weeks and Bennett's been out. His fits, spacing and ability to penetrate in both passing and rushing downs is about as underrated as it gets in this league.

NEVER gets out of his gaps, which was a problem Monday with both Marsh and Clark jumping inside and outside giving up contain and gaps.

Seafan

Reaction score
The defense and RW will need to play their best games of the season. I don't trust Bev and Richard to come up with anything against the best coaching staff in the league. The Hawks haven't lost by more than 10 points in a long time. That could end on Sunday.

I wonder if the Hawks might try putting Thorpe on Gronk the entire game.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There is such a remarkable defeatist attitude by some here, unrealistic the Hawks win vs. NE, whatever.

The Hawks will win if they play tougher on D than has been the case the past 3 weeks, this will include rushing Brady while rubbing him hard, playing better against slot receivers in pass D, and getting off the field on 3rd downs. I do not have the same level of concern about NE's running game as I did vs. the Bills.

The Hawks running game needs to improve and both the run blocking from the OLine and running from our RBs needs to improve. If this happens to allow some equity in TOP it will allow the D to not appear gassed and will let the prior paragraph happen easier.

RW had a good game against the Bills, but hopefully won't have to worry as much and run frightened like he did against them. If Jimmy has another big game against NE the others will also.

They can be beat and our boys have something to prove against them.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Since they are going to have 14 players on the field...I dunno. :sarcasm_off: :mrgreen:

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm at a loss that people think we have zero chance. This is a team that hasn't been blown out in the Russell Wilson era, we are still a top 5 team and we have guys coming back. NE defense isn't the type that typically gives us the most problems. This game could go either way and to suggest we have no chance is baffling to me. Strange...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
In what world does this team not have a chance against anyone? Lame
It's going to be very tough to beat the Pats in their house, but this D keeps us in all games.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The time of possession disparity needs to improve. Significantly.

The offense needs to sustain drives. Not necessarily the 7 minute type drives, but ANY 3 and outs will be costly against new England.

The defense needs to get off the field on third down
The Pats will try to keep things at third and manageable with their little receivers, then use Blount to pick up tough yardage. The best way to beat our team is sustaining long drives, just like what New Orleans and buffalo did.

Last but not least, the team needs to show heart. That's something they have plenty of, but if they want to wash away XLIX, beating this team will be a great start.

rcaido

Reaction score
Wilson look great last week & he isn't even healthy completely. Buffalo is probably a better defensive team then the Patriots.

Main problem is the 1st & 2nd down. It always seem like its 3rd & short. We really need to work on that to get a more manageable stop on 3rd downs.

If only we had Bennet, we should be able to beat this team easily. Lane also seem like a weakness so far, i think Brady will try to abuse him. He better step up, we should get Burley back.

BeanieHawk

Reaction score
It's gonna take a miracle, lots of holy water, and many days of prayer lol!
Seriously we need to establish a strong running game, long offensive drives, and create at least one or two turnovers.
Of course this is easier said then done however....Go Hawks!

pmedic920

Reaction score
Create turnovers.
Limit the Pat's chances.

Personally, I've chalked this game up to a loss.
My hope is, we have a decent showing, and get out of it without any injuries.

GoHawks.

nategreat

Reaction score
Am I the only one here who thinks we'll win?! Geez, not only that, but I don't think it'll even be that close- especially compared to some of our other games. I'm extremely confident we come away with this one.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think it's going to take an A+ game to beat them.

As much is I hate to admit it, the Cheatriots are a great team, Shady Brady is a great QB, and Billycheat is a great coach.

You are not going to go in and get any favorable calls from Rog's henchmen (the zebras) and can expect to get jobbed a couple of times.

You must leave "bad Bevell" at home, and have the guy that called the first half of last weeks game show up.

On offense you need to be efficient (no 3 and outs) and score with time consuming drives. Use "I'm Jimmy" until they stop him. Use every trick in the book as you have to score a ton in order to win.

On defense you need to get to Shady Brady and make Eldelman and Gronk pay the price for catching passes across the middle.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
its gonna take a last second slant to the endzone to our 5th WR on the goal line. We get it..we win

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3mhyj8dc said:
its gonna take a last second slant to the endzone to our 5th WR on the goal line. We get it..we win
Hand it off the the Ghost of Marshawn Lynch to pound that rock into the end zone.

No one will see it coming!

Reaneypark

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1zvigsy5 said:
Not sure if this has come up -- but New England have traded away their two best defensive players (Jones, Collins) and they had Revis at cornerback the last time the two teams played.

Brady will get his, but the Seahawks have an opportunity to put points on the board against New England's defense too. And if it comes down to which defense can limit the damage best on the night -- SEA will have an edge. If it comes down to which offense you're relying on to be most consistent though, NE have an edge because Brady is incredible. It sets it up for a tight game.

I think the loss of Collins is going to be huge for them, especially with this being their first game without him.