Reasons why Russell Wilson is factually ELITE...

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1g47hw4s said:
Dude could win 3 or 4 Super Bowl Titles, and people still will say it's because of everyone BUT him. Screw em, they are all just mad because they couldn't be more wrong about the guy. Or, they are mad because he is not on their favorite team.

So true. Here I can say that Peyton is not elite because its is his 1st rd WRs that are the reason he wins. Lol.

Can you imagine Wilson with 1st rd WRs ?

Tical21

Reaction score
In the Super Bowl, I think it was the first play of our second drive, or maybe first play of our third drive. Broncos show man, cover 1. We have three receivers to Russell's left, one right. The two outside guys go deep. The other two on the left run crossing routes. ALL 4 win their routes and are open. The two crossers have their hands up WIDE open. Like miles wide open. Like 20 yards of free terrain in front of them open. Russell stands there and pats the ball four times and then runs around. You can't be an elite passer and be gunshy. It is really easy to have a super high passer rating if you're not taking any chances.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawksurething":24qboi49 said:
theincrediblesok":24qboi49 said:
This was his 3rd year playing and he showed this year that he can take over a game and especially that Panther's game where he was able to diagnose what the defense was doing. Also the Rams game and Redskins game. I'm sure the coaches aren't giving him free reign like Brady or Manning at this part in his career, but I see next year giving him more a bit more responsibility. Look at the 49ers, Kaepernick had better weapons on offense than we did but couldn't get it done. Give Wilson those guys and I bet ya right now he be torching teams.

Chris Matthews, I hope is the tall receiver we need, but we still need a speedy guy. Look what happened to Nick Foles when he didn't have Deshawn Jackson. Pete said that they are always looking for a speedy WR to take the top off the defense. I think they will go after another one in the draft.

I like it that Wilson took the responsibility of that last play. I sense that it will be his driving force for this coming season. Elite or not he's actually in his own class and I'll take that over the Elite status.

Yes. If hawks get a #1 WR that must be double teamed, plus a speedy WR like Dorsett,Devin smith,maybe Greene ? With Baldwin in the slot...lynch will have to stay facing 7-6 man fronts ! Yay !
Get a number1 and a speedy wr?Your asking a lot.I'd be happy with one of two and a healthy O line.That is all.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Tical21":3l70xwl1 said:
In the Super Bowl, I think it was the first play of our second drive, or maybe first play of our third drive. Broncos show man, cover 1. We have three receivers to Russell's left, one right. The two outside guys go deep. The other two on the left run crossing routes. ALL 4 win their routes and are open. The two crossers have their hands up WIDE open. Like miles wide open. Like 20 yards of free terrain in front of them open. Russell stands there and pats the ball four times and then runs around. You can't be an elite passer and be gunshy. It is really easy to have a super high passer rating if you're not taking any chances.

The Broncos Superbowl one and not the Patriots one?

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2db8a656 said:
KiwiHawk":2db8a656 said:
SoulfishHawk":2db8a656 said:
Anyone who doesn't realize that Russ is one of the best in football is plain clueless.
As is anyone who doesn't recognise he still has things to work on.

Fortunately the greatest upside to Wilson is that he does work on things. Relentlessly.
Who said he didn't have things to work on?
Who said he's not one of the best in football?

My reply wasn't *at* you, but there are some who think being one of the best means having a flawless game.

I think what makes him one of the best in the game is the way he addresses his flaws.

Tical21

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":7z0u8wvu said:
Tical21":7z0u8wvu said:

The Broncos Superbowl one and not the Patriots one?
No, the Pats one. I finally got around to watching the all-22. Might have actually been the first pass we attempted. Two plays later, on 3rd and 9, we go empty. The far left receiver and the guy inside him both run slants. Russell looks left. Both win and are open enough to complete a pretty easy first down. The ball doesn't come out, and Russell flushes out to his right and I believe ends the play in a sack or throwaway.

As a sidenote, Luke Willson is one of the worst football players I have ever seen. He runs anti-routes. He runs into an area and more often than not runs right to the defender, and plays pat-a-cake in the middle of the field with him, never seen anything like it. He whiffs more often than not in the running game. Usually, when Lynch gets tackled, Willson is standing over him, watching, at least in the Super Bowl.

The right side of our line is getting really good. They have a great feel for pushing each other off of double teams and getting to the second level. Also, more often than not, it was Carp and Okung giving up the pressure if there was any.

I really think Russell looks at the deep ball on just about every passing attempt, and pulls it down if it isn't there. When Matthews or Kearse won a deep release, the ball went up to them. Russell doesn't miss those. But he almost never even looked at the middle of the field. Look at the deep ball, then look at the pressure, then look back up.

He started to do a good job in the 3rd quarter of hitting comeback routes, which should be there against cover-1. Bevell called a pretty good game, sans the worst call in the history of sports. He called plays that should work against the coverages he got. A lot of predictable running plays on running downs, but they still picked up handfuls, and if he didn't do that, he gets skewered for it.

Kearse should never run a crossing route ever again. Just no separation. Sorry, I know I'm going way off-topic.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Tical21":1o3wyhwd said:

Its called not screwing up and making the team lose !

Take chances like he did in this Superbowl ? You obviously don't like seahawks & Wilson if you want him to only have a WR that can get deep so he has to continue to scramble & risk injury.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
It's good for discussion either way if it's a little bit off topic but it also tells us what our receivers can and can't do, and their action could also affect Wilson's plays as well.

I don't have the All-22 but do have the game footage, On that 3rd and 9 play he had almost 3 seconds before the pressure was already right in his face, at this time everyone was covered he was looking straight, then he was about to run right and is blocked by his own lineman, take a few steps back and looks left, looks like he was gonna throw but pulled it down and looked right. Now 4 defenders are coming at him. He runs right and throws it away to Walter. They showed the replay of the WR doing the scramble and everyone was covered (the announcer even mentioned it). The middle was congested with Patriots defender. Patriots was physically bumping and running with our guys. The middle of the field is the most dangerous areas to throw. How many times have we throw it in the middle where it gets INT or bounced out of a player's hand than get INT. It would of been a pick 6 as that side of the field had no one to stop the defender. I wished Wilson was as cautious as that for the last play though.

I'm positive that Wilson will improve his overall game this season. He's made enough mistakes this year to help motivate him during the off-season. The last play will probably haunts him until he wins another Superbowl.

I'm excited to see how far he can go this year. Like any player we can't let Wilson off the hook if he made mistakes, because he wouldn't let himself off the hook either.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
hawksurething":1e8trikj said:
Tical21":1e8trikj said:

Its called not screwing up and making the team lose !

Take chances like he did in this Superbowl ? You obviously don't like seahawks & Wilson if you want him to only have a WR that can get deep so he has to continue to scramble & risk injury.

Yo calm down man, it's a discussion, no need to start accusing him of not being a fan

OlympicDreams

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3k5e9gkt said:
2009 Hass was better.
Oh, I almost forgot........... :sarcasm_off:

Hass kicked Wilson's butt....

....at giving good interviews.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":w3n718fx said:
It's good for discussion either way if it's a little bit off topic but it also tells us what our receivers can and can't do, and their action could also affect Wilson's plays as well.

I don't have the All-22 but do have the game footage, On that 3rd and 9 play he had almost 3 seconds before the pressure was already right in his face, at this time everyone was covered he was looking straight, then he was about to run right and is blocked by his own lineman, take a few steps back and looks left, looks like he was gonna throw but pulled it down and looked right. Now 4 defenders are coming at him. He runs right and throws it away to Walter. They showed the replay of the WR doing the scramble and everyone was covered (the announcer even mentioned it). The middle was congested with Patriots defender. Patriots was physically bumping and running with our guys. The middle of the field is the most dangerous areas to throw. How many times have we throw it in the middle where it gets INT or bounced out of a player's hand than get INT. It would of been a pick 6 as that side of the field had no one to stop the defender. I wished Wilson was as cautious as that for the last play though.

I'm positive that Wilson will improve his overall game this season. He's made enough mistakes this year to help motivate him during the off-season. The last play will probably haunts him until he wins another Superbowl.

I'm excited to see how far he can go this year. Like any player we can't let Wilson off the hook if he made mistakes, because he wouldn't let himself off the hook either.

The announcers mention our WRs not being open,so does hall of famers deion sanders,Irvin,carter,,etc...

Everyone but a few 49er fans or double agent hawks spies know our WRs can't get open vs good CBs consitenly. I think people see our WRs get open in practice vs the LOB whom they play every week and know tendencies & are bound to get off as it is just practice !

No way should lockett & Walter be receiving options for Superbowl team wwithout a stud WR pulling double coverage. Its only because Wilson is so amazing that he makes these WRs deion Sanders talked about serviceable. Matt Flynn proved our WRs are not good ! He went back to GB and did good again. Right ?

Flynn with GB 6 TDs in 1 game ! Before hawks.
Flynn with hawks 0 TDs !
Flynn with GB even after he left hawks... 7TDs. Passer rate of 81.0

Flynn is older and slower now but y'all get the point. Wilson is that elite !

Tical21

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3t4zep76 said:
I don't have the All-22 but do have the game footage, On that 3rd and 9 play he had almost 3 seconds before the pressure was already right in his face, at this time everyone was covered he was looking straight, then he was about to run right and is blocked by his own lineman, take a few steps back and looks left, looks like he was gonna throw but pulled it down and looked right. Now 4 defenders are coming at him. He runs right and throws it away to Walter.
Agreed that the window to the slot receiver was quite small, and might have gotten him beheaded, but there was a little window there. However, the primary receiver seems to be the split end on far left, as this is Russell's first look. The receiver won his route and if Russell throws that ball on time, it is a first down. Usually, when slants are called, the line is instructed to sell out to make sure they punch or cut quickly, to keep the defenders hands down, so you aren't as likely to have much time in the pocket. If that ball comes out on time, it is a first down. Russell didn't trust it, and ate the ball. Elite passers, all of them, complete that first down a ridiculously high percentage of the time.

Like I said, I think Russell is an elite player and elite quarterback, but has a long ways to go to become an elite passer. You can certainly argue that if he had more trust in receivers, he probably throws that ball.

What started this, was that I was wondering what the deal was with why Russell kept standing back there when it seemed like he had a lot of time. Was it Bevell calling nonsense routes? Were the receivers just blanketed? Or was Russell indecisive? I'm sure everybody can have a bit of a part of the blame pie, but I do think the largest piece has to fall on Russell's shoulders.

chris98251

Reaction score
It has been said by many that our route tree's are about as basic as you can get.

Tical21

Reaction score
That doesn't really bother me. If you can predict what defense is coming and have a playcall that should trump it, how creative do you really have to get? For a long time, the WCO was quite simplistic as well.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Tical21":1ssyhfxn said:
theincrediblesok":1ssyhfxn said:
I don't have the All-22 but do have the game footage, On that 3rd and 9 play he had almost 3 seconds before the pressure was already right in his face, at this time everyone was covered he was looking straight, then he was about to run right and is blocked by his own lineman, take a few steps back and looks left, looks like he was gonna throw but pulled it down and looked right. Now 4 defenders are coming at him. He runs right and throws it away to Walter.
Agreed that the window to the slot receiver was quite small, and might have gotten him beheaded, but there was a little window there. However, the primary receiver seems to be the split end on far left, as this is Russell's first look. The receiver won his route and if Russell throws that ball on time, it is a first down. Usually, when slants are called, the line is instructed to sell out to make sure they punch or cut quickly, to keep the defenders hands down, so you aren't as likely to have much time in the pocket. If that ball comes out on time, it is a first down. Russell didn't trust it, and ate the ball. Elite passers, all of them, complete that first down a ridiculously high percentage of the time.

Like I said, I think Russell is an elite player and elite quarterback, but has a long ways to go to become an elite passer. You can certainly argue that if he had more trust in receivers, he probably throws that ball.

What started this, was that I was wondering what the deal was with why Russell kept standing back there when it seemed like he had a lot of time. Was it Bevell calling nonsense routes? Were the receivers just blanketed? Or was Russell indecisive? I'm sure everybody can have a bit of a part of the blame pie, but I do think the largest piece has to fall on Russell's shoulders.

Whatever the case Wilson is still factually a more elite passer than Peyton in his 1st three years. 100.00 passer rating.

Sky is the limit with him,hence Schneider wanting to make him the highest paid QB.

Latest posts