Reasons why Russell Wilson is factually ELITE...

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2tie6p8m said:
Your reasoning is bad, and you should feel bad.

My reasoning is legit as Wilson is already in the NFL record books for having statistically best 3 years of any QB in history ;)

You should feel bad instead of saying I should feel bad. The NFL records prove me correct.

Can't wait until he has a Harrison,Wayne caliber WRs & Clark caliber TEs,and a top 5 oline like Peyton.

Hawks have the best young QB. Go hawks !!!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawksurething":2mm0u3py said:
Whatever the case Wilson is still factually a more elite passer than Peyton in his 1st three years. 100.00 passer rating.

Sky is the limit with him,hence Schneider wanting to make him the highest paid QB.

Would you trade Russell Wilson tomorrow to Houston for Ryan Fitzpatrick? Because Ryan Fitzpatrick had a better QB rating this season than Russell Wilson. Guess that means he's more elite huh?

In sum.. your argument that Russell is "factually a more elite passer than Peyton" is incredibly flawed, and more importantly.. absolutely stupid.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawksurething":vxwq5eoj said:
The announcers mention our WRs not being open,so does hall of famers deion sanders,Irvin,carter,,etc...

Everyone but a few 49er fans or double agent hawks spies know our WRs can't get open vs good CBs consitenly. I think people see our WRs get open in practice vs the LOB whom they play every week and know tendencies & are bound to get off as it is just practice !

No way should lockett & Walter be receiving options for Superbowl team wwithout a stud WR pulling double coverage. Its only because Wilson is so amazing that he makes these WRs deion Sanders talked about serviceable. Matt Flynn proved our WRs are not good ! He went back to GB and did good again. Right ?

Flynn with GB 6 TDs in 1 game ! Before hawks.
Flynn with hawks 0 TDs !
Flynn with GB even after he left hawks... 7TDs. Passer rate of 81.0

Flynn is older and slower now but y'all get the point. Wilson is that elite !

This is one of the worst posts I've ever read on here. Literally ever.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3ghwci59 said:
hawksurething":3ghwci59 said:
Whatever the case Wilson is still factually a more elite passer than Peyton in his 1st three years. 100.00 passer rating.

Sky is the limit with him,hence Schneider wanting to make him the highest paid QB.

Would you trade Russell Wilson tomorrow to Houston for Ryan Fitzpatrick? Because Ryan Fitzpatrick had a better QB rating this season than Russell Wilson. Guess that means he's more elite huh?

In sum.. your argument that Russell is "factually a more elite passer than Peyton" is incredibly flawed, and more importantly.. absolutely stupid.

Yep better last year. Ryan got that WR named Hopkins + Andre johnson SO they improved all of his stats !
His accuracy,yards per pass, ints, and passer rating all improved due to having better WRs.

See im correct again about WRs making a QB even better. Its ok if you dont like our QB more than Peyton...But i do.

Also don't call me stupid. Jeesh.

Vetamur

Reaction score
hawksurething":cqbm8ts3 said:
Hasselbeck":cqbm8ts3 said:
hawksurething":cqbm8ts3 said:

Yep better last year. Ryan got that WR named Hopkins + Andre johnson SO they improved all of his stats !
His accuracy,yards per pass, ints, and passer rating all improved due to having better WRs.

See im correct again about WRs making a QB even better. Its ok if you dont like our QB more than Peyton...But i do.

He called your post stupid, not you.

And thats pretty rich from the guy who thinks everyone has to agree with him or they arent "real fans".

MattA16

Reaction score
One immeasurable of RW is his downright incredible mental toughness. As a Canadian, I am naturally an avid hockey fan (Go Canucks!), and the QB position reminds me of the goaltender position in the sense that you have to be able to rebound (hockey pun intended) from making poor plays. The best goalies are able to put bad goals behind them instantly and not let it affect the rest of their games. RW is one of the best at this. How many young QB's have the composure to stay positive and continue to stay mentally in check after throwing 4 INT's on a stage like the NFCCG, and eventually set up a game winning bomb to the receiver who was the target of all 4 picks? The guy also has incredible work ethic, tremendous self confidence, and a willingness to improve like few other athletes in the world.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I look forward to the day when this forum is no longer hyper obsessed as to whether the media, most of which never even played the game of football categorize our QB as "elite" or not.

Will that day ever come? Probably not, but a man can dream.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Vetamur":24opgmb1 said:
hawksurething":24opgmb1 said:
Hasselbeck":24opgmb1 said:
hawksurething":24opgmb1 said:

He called your post stupid, not you.

And thats pretty rich from the guy who thinks everyone has to agree with him or they arent "real fans".

Calling my post stupid ,is calling me stupid. Especially when I backed it with what the NFL says about Wilson. I did not use media opinions,instead I used the actual NFL records !

How about you few guys stop attacking hawks QB ! Anytime I point out something amazing about the hawks a few of y'all attack my post. I never seen this on my girlfriends pats message board...they always support their great players & want to get rid of their underpreformers to keep the winning momentum going each year.

Wilson is such a elite passer that he has a better passer rating than peyton his 1st three years... http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... lsRu00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... nnPe00.htm

No matter how many of y'all attack our QB with falsehoods...I will defend hawks QB with NFL facts ! :)

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
LymonHawk":32z37y9d said:
Is NFL facts an oxymoron?

Lol Nope. Because seahawks are in those same record books with a super bowl ring finally :)

The NFL facts are the only thing that is valid. 49er fans still say the hawks are not champions which is a oxymoron to the NFL records ;)

Hawk's QB is elite in the NFL records & in Schneider's eyes to make him the highest paid QB. This is really all that is needed.

Tical21

Reaction score
Johnny Unitas had a worse career passer rating than Jake Locker and Mike Vick, so surely those guys are far better quarterbacks.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Tical21":1dweyqqm said:
Johnny Unitas had a worse career passer rating than Jake Locker and Mike Vick, so surely those guys are far better quarterbacks.

Better passers yes...better QBs no.

Unitas was a amazing scrambler & clutch which made up for his passing rating.

MattA16

Reaction score
hawksurething":30l7oefx said:
Tical21":30l7oefx said:

QB rating is not always a good indicator of how well a QB plays. If a QB takes a 10 yard sack rather than throw the ball out of bounds when under pressure it will result in a higher QB rating, but is obviously a poor football decision. Like one of my professors told me "stats are like a bikini, they show a lot but hide the vital parts". Not saying you can't use stats to prove a point, but you have to be smart in which statistics you use as they aren't always a relevant indicator of positive play.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I chuckle at the filters people look through when evaluating a QB. To some, 'elite passer' and 'elite QB' are one-in-the-same. To me they are not. His pocket- passing game is above average with 'OK' receivers, but when you look at everything he brings to the table, he's elite, IMO.

ringless

Reaction score
When is this extension going to get done supposedly?

I thought it would be before March 10th so they could know where things stand with Free Agency

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawksurething":3texfqhd said:
Tical21":3texfqhd said:

You're really saying Jake Locker is a better passer than Johnny Unitas?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

drdiags

Reaction score
Hmm, I guess I remember just the older Johnny U when his bow-legged gait wasn't used for scrambling. I did catch him in the early 60's when he was winding down his career but never knew he was thought of highly for his scrambling.

He was smart, and a heck of a competitor but fleet of foot isn't something I think of when I look back at Unitas. He, Bart Starr and a few turn of the decade guys in the 60's weren't what I would call scramblers like Tarkenton and Marlin Briscoe.

Latest posts