Reggie Bush on Rashaad Penny

mikeak

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3571lzni said:
When he retires, Rashaad Penny will be considered the greatest running back in the history of the NFL. That's why I gave the pick a grade of A-

Wouldn’t that make it an A+?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":2zdoey34 said:
fenderbender123":2zdoey34 said:
When he retires, Rashaad Penny will be considered the greatest running back in the history of the NFL. That's why I gave the pick a grade of A-

No, because they could have picked him two rounds later.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1xiqtn66 said:
mikeak":1xiqtn66 said:
fenderbender123":1xiqtn66 said:

No, because he wouldn't have been there. New England would have picked him up.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":s0sc550x said:
Seanhawk":s0sc550x said:
mikeak":s0sc550x said:
fenderbender123":s0sc550x said:

You missed a joke.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3k5t4b2i said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3k5t4b2i said:
Seanhawk":3k5t4b2i said:
mikeak":3k5t4b2i said:

You missed a joke.

I don't joke about my Adopt-a-rookie :twisted:

Smellyman

Reaction score
Reggie: I haven't done any research so since I am a back and looking at this guys stats, I will pick Penny.

Penny could be very impactful, but Bush is still just throwing darts up there.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
mikeak":xa6wux6o said:
fenderbender123":xa6wux6o said:

Somebody in the future is going to come along and be even better than Rashaad Penny. So if I give Penny an A+ what the hell grade am I going to give the next guy who becomes the next greatest running back of all time when he gets picked? Didn't think about that, did ya?

chris98251

Reaction score
There hasn't been anyone better then Jim Brown to come along yet so...…..

If Brown had a 16 game season to play there would not be anyone that could reach the numbers he would have achieved, the fact he did it in 12 and 14 game seasons versus 16 and the yardage held as long as it did was amazing by itself.

sc85sis

Reaction score
chris98251":15okz752 said:

If Brown had a 16 game season to play there would not be anyone that could reach the numbers he would have achieved, the fact he did it in 12 and 14 game seasons versus 16 and the yardage held as long as it did was amazing by itself.
Brown, Payton and Sanders are my personal top three, and I can put them in any order within that top three depending on which aspect of their game and the team around them you want to highlight. And of course AD, OJ, Dickerson, et al...

Really, it’s difficult if not impossible to say, “this guy was the best ever” because there are so many factors to consider.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
From watching the tape he isn't as quick or fast as I had hoped and its evident that he compiled numbers against shoddy opponents while running behind a solid run based system with better than average blocking from OL and receivers. He was not good picking up the blitz either and that is something he will absolutely have to do to play here.
What he does do well is to have great vision to set up his blocks and take advantage of what the defense gives. I mean christine had wiggle and speed but would run right into the back of a linemen or out run his blocking. Also Penny shows more power than I thought he'd have. He might not be beast mode but he doesn't go down easy at all. Only time will tell but I'm still happy with the pick and hopeful that he can be a difference maker.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
sc85sis":2wav49dw said:
chris98251":2wav49dw said:

Brown, Payton and Sanders are my personal top three, and I can put them in any order within that top three depending on which aspect of their game and the team around them you want to highlight. And of course AD, OJ, Dickerson, et al...

Really, it’s difficult if not impossible to say, “this guy was the best ever” because there are so many factors to consider.
Agree. I also have a vote for the original beast mode ... Earl Campbell. Man was he something to behold.